4th & goal from 3

pm73

these coaches are pros right? they supposedly eat , sleep, and breathe this game. they should know better than me what to do in certain situations...right?

well, when we were faced with 4th down i thought it was automatic that they would go for it. i was in disbelief that they kicked the FG. am i missing something here?

if we went for the TD and made it, we would've only needed 1 TD to tie.

if we went for it and didn't make it, we would've needed 2 TDs to tie.

the field goal put us down by 11...we still needed 2 TDs!!! with another TD and FG we would still be down.

can someone please give me one good reason why we kicked the field goal to give us 6 pts???? i understand the whole "points on the board" argument but in this case it seemed to do nothing to help our position to win.

how many more chances did mularky think we would have in the red zone against that defense?????

these coaches are pros right?  they supposedly eat , sleep, and breathe this game.  they should know better than me what to do in certain situations...right?

well, when we were faced with 4th down i thought it was automatic that they would go for it.  i was in disbelief that they kicked the FG.  am i missing something here?

if we went for the TD and made it, we would've only needed 1 TD to tie.

if we went for it and didn't make it, we would've needed 2 TDs to tie.

the field goal put us down by 11...we still needed 2 TDs!!!  with another TD and FG we would still be down.

can someone please give me one good reason why we kicked the field goal to give us 6 pts????  i understand the whole "points on the board" argument but in this case it seemed to do nothing to help our position to win.

how many more chances did mularky think we would have in the red zone against that defense?????

83771[/snapback]

I'll give you two reasons:

1. If you score a TD (ha ha) you can go for 2. 6+2+3=11

2. Our choices on 4th and 3 were: a) FG, b ) interception in end zone, c) sack. I think the coaches chose wisely.

the field goal put us down by 11...we still needed 2 TDs!!!  with another TD and FG we would still be down.

83771[/snapback]

With another TD & 2pt conversion + FG we'd be tied. I think it was the right call. Our O had been terrible all day, put some points up on the board when you get a chance. If we went for it and didn't score the game would have been over right there.

With another TD & 2pt conversion + FG we'd be tied.  I think it was the right call.  Our O had been terrible all day, put some points up on the board when you get a chance.  If we went for it and didn't score the game would have been over right there.

83791[/snapback]

yeah, sadly, i had no confidence the bills could convert on 4th & 3