Jason Ferguson status?

He's reported as practicing Friday on ESPN and as questionable for the game tomorrow. Frankly, I don't care either way. Preston is likely to start at Center and he handled a fully healthy top-5 DT last week. If Ferguson plays, he won't be 100% and the Bills line looks like it is finally clicking. Either way, I don't see the Dolfags getting to TE more than once, if at all tomorrow.

Another side note, the gametime temp is supposed to be pretty reasonable and the humidity is supposed to be pretty low, so the normal advantages for the home team down there aren't applicable on the weather front. All in all, I expect a good game from our bunch. The key, not getting burned by any trick plays.

Preston is likely to start at Center and he handled a fully healthy top-5 DT last week. If Ferguson plays, he won't be 100% and the Bills line looks like it is finally clicking. Either way, I don't see the Dolfags getting to TE more than once, if at all tomorrow.

What game were you watching? I'm not saying Preston played that bad, because Williams is a beast against even the best of centers, but there is no possible way you can say Preston "handled" Williams. Williams was consistently blowing past him, getting into the backfield, and causing havoc.

And what have you seen to say the Bills line "is finally clicking"? We still can't run the damn ball.

What game were you watching? I'm not saying Preston played that bad, because Williams is a beast against even the best of centers, but there is no possible way you can say Preston "handled" Williams. Williams was consistently blowing past him, getting into the backfield, and causing havoc.

And what have you seen to say the Bills line "is finally clicking"? We still can't run the damn ball.

I saw very little havoc being reeked in the passing game. Trent was barely touched. In that respect, Williams was well handled.

It most certainly was a problem in Arizona. Trent was smushed.

Dean, are you really going to take one or a few plays, and try to make that seem like the majority? If you think the pass protection has been bad this season, you've got extremely high standards. Do you expect there to be no sacks at all? Come on, be realistic. Our pass protection has been near outstanding, and run blocking below average. Of course there are going to be sacks, and blitzes that go unblocked. Just because Trent got sacked once in the Arizona game, it doesn't mean we suck at pass protection.

Dean, are you really going to take one or a few plays, and try to make that seem like the majority? If you think the pass protection has been bad this season, you've got extremely high standards. Do you expect there to be no sacks at all? Come on, be realistic. Our pass protection has been near outstanding, and run blocking below average. Of course there are going to be sacks, and blitzes that go unblocked. Just because Trent got sacked once in the Arizona game, it doesn't mean we suck at pass protection.

Actually I think the pass protection had been a bit below par this season....until last week. This IMO is due to a rusty Peters who is now(hopefully) back at probowl form.

The run blocking continues to baffle me though.

The pass protection was better than it's been since the Seattle game, while the run blocking was just as poor. Fowler is what he is. Preston should start the rest of the season.

ans4e64, that's the point I was making, and I think it was obvious. Even Trent mentioned that he was barely hit, at all, on Sunday. The pass protection has been better this year (except for the Arizona game), but it was outstanding last week.

Now, before I support the "make Preston the permanent starter" club (which a REALLY want to join), I want to see Duke perform at a decent level for more than one week. This week is a perfect week to start Duke, without officially demoting Fowler, to see how it works. I recall Preston having the odd good game, in the past, but not repeating in subsequent weeks.

ans4e64, that's the point I was making, and I think it was obvious. Even Trent mentioned that he was barely hit, at all, on Sunday. The pass protection has been better this year (except for the Arizona game), but it was outstanding last week.

Now, before I support the "make Preston the permanent starter" club (which a REALLY want to join), I want to see Duke perform at a decent level for more than one week. This week is a perfect week to start Duke, without officially demoting Fowler, to see how it works. I recall Preston having the odd good game, in the past, but not repeating in subsequent weeks.

I agree, however, is he playing center this week? I know Fowler has been practicing but Butler is out, so perhaps we'll see Fowler at center and Butler at RG? If Fowler can play, I'd rather have that combo than Preston at center and whatever scrub at RG.

The pass protection was better than it's been since the Seattle game, while the run blocking was just as poor. Fowler is what he is. Preston should start the rest of the season.

IMO, the pass protection HAS gotten better, but that doesn't mean that before it was crap. Just got from good to really good, IMO.

IMO, the pass protection HAS gotten better, but that doesn't mean that before it was crap. Just got from good to really good, IMO.

According to league sack statistics it was under the average. Perhaps we had generally good pass protection.....with occasional meltdowns.

I agree, however, is he playing center this week? I know Fowler has been practicing but Butler is out, so perhaps we'll see Fowler at center and Butler at RG? If Fowler can play, I'd rather have that combo than Preston at center and whatever scrub at RG.

According to BillsDaily. Fowler is a game time decision (if he will be active)

Fowler practiced on a limited basis all week and will test his injured elbow in pregame warmups. Even if Fowler could go it's likely that Duke Preston will start in his place.

Whittle will start for Butler.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/