Nick Mendola on ESPNEWS

Fingon

Thanks for the update on what was said during the interview :thumbsup:

Yeah, really. Details, dammit!

(And yeah, Losman is definitely taller than Nick, who was once mistaken for the Notre Dame leprechaun ...)

The Bills part of the conversation was when I was asked if the Bills are feeling disrespected, and I talked about Trent not caring, and Donte Whitner wanting it pretty badly. Then we talked about the World Series and Brady's surgical issues.

Thanks for watching and for the kind words. It's fun to represent WNY.

The Bills part of the conversation was when I was asked if the Bills are feeling disrespected, and I talked about Trent not caring, and Donte Whitner wanting it pretty badly. Then we talked about the World Series and Brady's surgical issues.

How did you get on ESPN News, seems sort of random to me...

What, no rebuttal to the 'leprechaun' shot? (That was Thurman's line, right? Yeah, he should make fun of other people's heights ...)

Seriously, though ... ESPN. Welcome to the big time. And thanks for filling us in.

What, no rebuttal to the 'leprechaun' shot? (That was Thurman's line, right? Yeah, he should make fun of other people's heights ...)

Seriously, though ... ESPN. Welcome to the big time. And thanks for filling us in.

It is good of you to welcome him to The Stadium Wall.

:thumbsup:

It is good of you to welcome him to The Stadium Wall.

:thumbsup:

Haha.

I like Nick Mendola. He provides a newer take on being classy and effective to the radio that we aren't getting with Howard Simon, Bulldog, Schopp, etc.

Still not enough for me to listen to WGR when I don't have to, not being in Buffalo and all.

Edit: Immediate Reactions is good enough for me to check the website for his blog though :lol:

Haha.

I like Nick Mendola. He provides a newer take on being classy and effective to the radio that we aren't getting with Howard Simon, Bulldog, Schopp, etc.

Still not enough for me to listen to WGR when I don't have to, not being in Buffalo and all.

Edit: Immediate Reactions is good enough for me to check the website for his blog though :thumbsup:

Not being in WNY anymore, i am unfamiliar with Nick. Simon used to be spectacular, IMO, when he was on FM. I have heard he has sort of gone, like most on that station, to the dark and stupid side.

Not being in WNY anymore, i am unfamiliar with Nick. Simon used to be spectacular, IMO, when he was on FM. I have heard he has sort of gone, like most on that station, to the dark and stupid side.

I don't get much of a chance to listen any more, but Nick's cool. And if the radio thing ever falls through, although I doubt it will, he's got the writing chops to switch to print. Assuming there are any of those jobs left, that is ... :thumbsup:

Here's the blog murra mentioned: http://www.wgr550.com/Nick-Mendola-s-Blog/1258107

It's in my bookmarks.

And SD, the leprechaun thing was a joke from last year's "Whiney Awards" dinner. He even struck the pose ... and yeah, with the beard, it was a pretty close resemblance ...