Buses to Bills games.

catfish

Hello driving down from Ottawa Canada and looking for shuttles

or buses east of Buffalo. Hotels are booked up around stadium and wanna

have a few "Pops" and do not wanna drive.

Any help from my Bills brothers out there.

I think there is a bus that goes from the Eastern Hills Mall Thruway Mall to the Ralph for something like $3.50 round-trip. The Easter Hills Mall is on Transit Road, and there are many reasonably priced motels in the neighborhood. Google "Eastern Hills Mall" Thruway Mall and/or take a look at an online map, and you will see what there is in the neighborhood.

The Senator can probably give you a little more advice. If he doesn't check in this thread, PM him.

At one time, Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, on Transit Road, used to do a nice Bills' game package that included a pretty nice room, dinner at their restaurant, tickets and a shuttle to-from the game. You may want to see if they still offer anything like that.

http://www.salvatores.net/h_index.cfm

EDIT: :rolleyes:

I see The Sen already responded while was typing. Good job, Sen

If nothing else, Deano, I try to be efficient!

You are correct - the cost of the NFTA 'Day Pass' is $3.50 and will get you to & from the stadium. They have routes from UB South, Thruway Mall, Eastern Hill, Downtown Buffalo, etc - see my earlier link.

(The last 2 home games I took the bus from Clarence Mall (right next to Eastern Hills Mall) - Main & Transit - found it a great way to avoid the DWI 'saturation patrols', avoid the $25 parking fee, and the hassle of driving. Leaves promptly 2 hours before game time and takes about 45 minutes from Main & Transit to Lot 2. Amazingly smooth operation for a WNY gov't agency! :rolleyes: )

You are correct - the cost of the NFTA 'Day Pass' is $3.50 and will get you to & from the stadium. They have routes from UB South, Thruway Mall, Eastern Hill, Downtown Buffalo, etc - see my earlier link.

(The last 2 home games I took the bus from Clarence Mall (right next to Eastern Hills Mall) - Main & Transit - found it a great way to avoid the DWI 'saturation patrols', avoid the $25 parking fee, and the hassle of driving. Leaves promptly 2 hours before game time and takes about 45 minutes from Main & Transit to Lot 2. Amazingly smooth operation for a WNY gov't agency! :rolleyes: )

There are several motels at Transit, right near Main, as well. There are also some bars, in the area, if you need a place to get your drink on, on Saturday or Sunday night.

(The last 2 home games I took the bus from Clarence Mall (right next to Eastern Hills Mall) - Main & Transit - found it a great way to avoid the DWI 'saturation patrols', avoid the $25 parking fee, and the hassle of driving. Leaves promptly 2 hours before game time and takes about 45 minutes from Main & Transit to Lot 2. Amazingly smooth operation for a WNY gov't agency! :lol: )

Weren't shuttle buses funded by government agencies outlawed?

I know the metro bus to Washington game by local Metro was canceled due to it.

Weren't shuttle buses funded by government agencies outlawed?

I know the metro bus to Washington game by local Metro was canceled due to it.

short answer = if they take federal funds, they can't use public transit vehicles and charge more than the regular fare which, in WNY, is exactly what they charge - $3.50 for an all-day pass

short answer = if they take federal funds, they can't use public transit vehicles and charge more than the regular fare which, in WNY, is exactly what they charge - $3.50 for an all-day pass

I take it you can't buy an all day pass from the bus driver, as the site you liked to has rates in excess of $3.50 (but, still quite reasonable). Where does one procure an All Day Pass, on a Sunday?

I take it you can't buy an all day pass from the bus driver, as the site you liked to has rates in excess of $3.50 (but, still quite reasonable). Where does one procure an All Day Pass, on a Sunday?

Actually, you do purchase it from the bus driver - I thought the same thing you inferred and wondered why the driver only charged me $3.50 round-trip, both weeks, then I saw this page...

Routes & Fares

(I suppose, if you knew you were only going one way, you'd use the fares you saw - otherwise the all=day pass is the better deal.)

Actually, you do purchase it from the bus driver - I thought the same thing you inferred and wondered why the driver only charged me $3.50 round-trip, both weeks, then I saw this page...

Routes & Fares

(I suppose, if you knew you were only going one way, you'd use the fares you saw - otherwise the all=day pass is the better deal.)

Great deal (where else, but in the Bufftown?). I wonder why they they even list those round-trip prices, that are over $3.50. I guess for those returning on a different day.

Great deal (where else, but in the Bufftown?). I wonder why they they even list those round-trip prices, that are over $3.50. I guess for those returning on a different day.

No, that can't be the reason - while you could get sidetracked, say, at the Big Tree, and end up there 'til 4 AM, I'm pretty sure the return routes from RWS only run on game days and only w/in 30 minutes after the game ends - so you'd be stranded, methinks.

But some folks do just take the bus one way to meet other tailgaters - and have another way to get home, I guess.

No, that can't be the reason - while you could get sidetracked, say, at the Big Tree, and end up there 'til 4 AM, I'm pretty sure the return routes from RWS only run on game days and only w/in 30 minutes after the game ends - so you'd be stranded, methinks.

But some folks do just take the bus one way to meet other tailgaters - and have another way to get home, I guess.

No, I understand the One-Way rates. I don't understand the Round Trip rates being more than $3.50, unless you took the bus somewhere, stayed overnight, and then returned the next day. Otherwise all the Round-Trips rates, over $3.50 should just read "$3.50"...no? (I'm not just talking about this RWS bus line, but ANY bus line in the city.)

No, I understand the One-Way rates. I don't understand the Round Trip rates being more than $3.50, unless you took the bus somewhere, stayed overnight, and then returned the next day. Otherwise all the Round-Trips rates, over $3.50 should just read "$3.50"...no? (I'm not just talking about this RWS bus line, but ANY bus line in the city.)

Yes.

So now that you mention it, WTF are those higher RT fares all aboot, eh?

There is no 'round-trip' fare for a regular city bus route that would apply to your scenario of different departure/return dates, so best guess is that it goes back to Glen's original question and my answer - namely, the federal ruling that fares for these types of special routes/trips can't exceed regular daily fares, and I'll just take a stab it was an oversight that the NFTA left those RT fares 'as-is' on their web-site from last season, before the feds came down with this new ruling.

Yes.

So now that you mention it, WTF are those higher RT fares all aboot, eh?

Best guess is that it goes back to Glen's original question and my answer - namely, the federal ruling that fares for these types of special routes/trips can't exceed regular daily fares, and I'll just take a stab it was an oversight that the NFTA left those RT fares 'as-is' on their web-site.

That's what I would guess, too. And the only reason to pay a higher RT than $3.50 for regular buses, is if you aren't returning the same day,...so it isn't likely to apply to those taking the bus to the Bills game (unless of course, you crash at Hammer's house, or sleep in the lot, and return the following week).

That's what I would guess, too. And the only reason to pay a higher RT than $3.50 for regular buses, is if you aren't returning the same day,...so it isn't likely to apply to those taking the bus to the Bills game (unless of course, you crash at Hammer's house, or sleep in the lot, and return the following week).

So, 10 or 12 posts and several vodkas later, I'm sure glad we solved that puzzle...

Unless you're crashing at Hammer's house, buy the $3.50 all-day pass!!!! :ph34r: