LOL!! this is hysterical!! Pats fans giving up!&#3

I honestly don't understand the mentality of bandwagon fans or how they manage to even get excited when the team is winning. An ENORMOUS part of what makes winning enjoyable is the memory of the losing. I guess they become "fans" to join their home town's exuberance, but I just don't get how they enjoy the experience of a championship.

I really liked this comment on page 2 (from the first link).

"The upside of a down year is that "Pats Fan" ends up with a more honorable connotation.

Anyone else find it funny that Patsfans went from Nice Guys to Arrogant Jerks to Spoiled Brats over the last 10 years?

In 2000 it was impossible to find anyone who would speak poorly of Patsfans in general.

Through last year, when Pats Fans became a criticized group, I felt jealousy had a lot to do with it, but this year, I'm feeling its justified.

Of course the majority of Pats Fans who have been ACTIVE fans longer than the dynasty havent changed (in fact, most seem very modest to a fault about the success) but the overall impression of the fan base certainly has."

This kind of hits home for me. I used to live in Poughkeepsie, NY and went to a bar every Sunday where almost every team had a loyal fanbase of some size. Before the Pats made their run to greatness, I knew a lot of Pats fans that could only be described as "classy." While I'm sure success has gone to many people's heads, I can't imagine too many of those guys becoming the jackasses that seem to represent the Pats fanbase today.

Boston as a whole has just been overstimulated with success. I look forward to the day when the Pats are no longer a consistant headline team and the (true) fans I used to know become the flag bearers for that organization again.

As as aside here, how many people think that Bills fans are bandwagon? That's what I was called locally during the SB run.

me too, I was wearing a Bills shirt coming out of Home Depot. A Habana Norte resident said "You're only wearing that shirt because the Bills are doing good."

asshat