Offensive Line......WOW

Everyone has to realize this Jimmy Page guy has made foolish statements before. He's the same guy that calls Donte Whitner garbage and overrated. Did he look overrated and garbage when he was manning every secondary position on the field on sunday? I didn't think so. I also remember him calling Marshawn overrated before, because "his stats say so." This has to be one of the most Chris Carteresque comments I've heard so far on this board. Do you even watch the games Jimmy? Our OL run blocking has been terrible so far. As soon as Marshawn touches the ball, he has two defenders in his face on almost EVERY DOWN.

But how many times a game do we see him get tackled for a loss? Maybe one or two. Any other running back would give up with 2 guys in his face behind the line, but Marshawn Lynch fights harder to get back to the line of scrimmage than almost any back in the league. Everyone hear knows he never shies away from contact, and rarely gets taken down after the first hit.

Marshawn Lynch is hands down the hardest runner in the game. Some people might give that title to Marion Barber, but the fact is that Barber runs so hard and is so physical that he wears himself down by the 4th quarter, and he becomes ineffective if he doesnt have another guy taking snaps. Just watch the Giants Cowboys playoff game last year for evidence, or a handful of Cowboys games from this year. Marshawn runs hard and plays physical for ALL QUARTERS. I never see this kid give up. And I think he could carry the ball 30-35 carries a game; can't exactly say the same thing about Barber.

Let me leave you with one thought: Could you imagine if both Lynch and Peterson traded draft positions? Can you imagine how nasty Marshawn would be behind the Vikings line, arguably one of the best in the game? I'm sure Peterson would be a great back in Buffalo, but I could hardly imagine him being as successful as Marshawn has been so far.

I don't know what you're smoking Jimmy. And I do call into question your bills fan knowledge if you question the grit of marshawn lynch. I guess you just have to ramble on...

It's about time they did something after the money that was spent on those bums.

Now what we need it the starting running back to crack a 4 yard per carry average which should be a minimum for a 1st round pick.

Lynch's average per carry has been far from impressive.

I'm for giving more playng time to Jackson because his average is no worse and he is more of a threat as a receiver.

Look niplenock, those guys deserve their $$. Are you displeased because you don't have anything??

I saw one play where Jason Peter's threw his man to the ground hard. Our hopes of him using the 2 weeks to catch up came to be true. Why is it the O-line blocks so well in passing and horribly in the run. I'm was so happy when Lynch finally got a whole late in the game and ran for about 19 yards. Seemed like his long run of the season. I completely understood why he dropped to the ground in exhaustion after his touchdown. That guy works hard out there, alot harder then most RB's. :lol:

I didn't think that was exhaustion. I thought he was goofing because the Charger bumped him after he was already in the end zone and he dropped to the ground mocking the guy. The funniest part of that whole thing was as they went back to the bench Marshawn crouched behind Freddy, giving him kudos for paving the way.

I think Duke should be the starter for sure.

That was just one game and it wasn't all beer and skittles for him. Fowler has had a good game now and then as well. I just don't see the coaches having missed Preston being significantly better than Fowler all this time. Duke is no rookie and has had plenty of opportunities to win a spot. Its up to the coaches to decide, I don't think there is much difference between them. We will be shopping for a center next year.

The reemergence of Jason Peters Sunday has been vastly overlooked, IMHO. It took the bye week to get him into regular season form, but he is there just in time, as he will be facing a fired up Joey Porter next Sunday.

That's great that he works hard but the result is what matters.

3.7 per carry or whatever his average is, doesn't really make the grade for a 1st round pick.

He has to start contributing more if this team is going to do something big this season.

They cannot keep relying on Edwards to put in near perfect performances.

Marshawn has been outstanding giving top effort all the time, watch the games instead of just reading boxscores. If Jackson carried the load like Marshawn his YPC would go down as well. You're a great exaple of someone that doesn't watch/evaluate players by watching the games, 3.7 ypc isn't good enough for a 1st round pick?! What are you smoking making comparisons like that??

I'm for giving more playng time to Jackson because his average is no worse and he is more of a threat as a receiver.

Actually his average is better per carry. Lynch was something like 7 carries for 19 yards at the half. That is unacceptable and something has to change. I'd prefer it was Jackson until off-season.

Marshawn has been outstanding giving top effort all the time, watch the games instead of just reading boxscores. If Jackson carried the load like Marshawn his YPC would go down as well. You're a great exaple of someone that doesn't watch/evaluate players by watching the games, 3.7 ypc isn't good enough for a 1st round pick?! What are you smoking making comparisons like that??

Giving outstanding effort and having superior vision are 2 different things. The man plays possessed, but he's not smart (running out of bound in the last 5 minutes of the game) and he lacks vision. I've watched every game he's started and he needs holes to create yardage, which isn't always available in the NFL. If getting a big hole was easy you wouldn't need talent, just a fast guy.

Lynch has huge flaws in field vision, and side-steps when he should be trying to get 3-5 yards instead of 15. That's what you learn from WATCHING the game, instead of screaming for a 1st rounder who has great effort, not so great production. Jackson got 3.7 yards with no run over 7 yards. Jackson had no run under a yard except for the 3rd and 1 on which he got 7 yards on first down (something we normally never see). Lynch had 3.7 with a 9 yard run that Jackson blocked for, and a 22 yarder. Take those off his high # he's running closer to 2 yards per carry, which is what I watch all the time.

When Lynch gets 4 yards on 1st or 2nd down let me know. He can't do it consistently. That's a huge issue.

He's called "Beast Mode" because he named himself that. I love Marshawn but that name holds as much credence as "Ocho Cinco".

He didnt name himself that. His pop warner coach told him he runs like a beast and thats where his, "beast mode" came from.

Beastmode is discriptive of the way he runs and therefore relivant. Chad Johnsons ocho cinco nickname is arbitrary.

I didn't think that was exhaustion. I thought he was goofing because the Charger bumped him after he was already in the end zone and he dropped to the ground mocking the guy. The funniest part of that whole thing was as they went back to the bench Marshawn crouched behind Freddy, giving him kudos for paving the way.

I saw that while looking at replays after the post. That block has to be there with Evans and Mitchell for play of the game. What a block! :ph34r:

Side note: On every play you see highlights of Trent Edwards you see Jason Peters Throwing his man down! He was fantastic!

Giving outstanding effort and having superior vision are 2 different things. The man plays possessed, but he's not smart (running out of bound in the last 5 minutes of the game) and he lacks vision. I've watched every game he's started and he needs holes to create yardage, which isn't always available in the NFL. If getting a big hole was easy you wouldn't need talent, just a fast guy.

Lynch has huge flaws in field vision, and side-steps when he should be trying to get 3-5 yards instead of 15. That's what you learn from WATCHING the game, instead of screaming for a 1st rounder who has great effort, not so great production. Jackson got 3.7 yards with no run over 7 yards. Jackson had no run under a yard except for the 3rd and 1 on which he got 7 yards on first down (something we normally never see). Lynch had 3.7 with a 9 yard run that Jackson blocked for, and a 22 yarder. Take those off his high # he's running closer to 2 yards per carry, which is what I watch all the time.

When Lynch gets 4 yards on 1st or 2nd down let me know. He can't do it consistently. That's a huge issue.

Hey STupid, do you really think Jackson's YPC would stay there if he carried the load and had to run for the tough yards like Marshawn does on obvious running downs? Get a grip.

This is what I find extremely curious.....

Does anybody notice we cant blow anybody off the ball in the middle of the field but can push a defense 5 yards into the end zone for a touchdown?

I have seen this happen NUMEROUS times.....they literally move the line of scrimmage into the end zone.....but we cant get a yard in the open field

Defenses are supposed to play harder on the goaline...the whole thing is turned around to me

Plus, run blocking is SUPPOSED to be easier than passblocking (I think our guys are just big and not very fast, which also is the reason for your observation above. There is less space for the D in the redzone as they load the box more, so they are just easier to hit). I also think that part of the problem lies in the Bills giving too many clues to when they are going to run (i.e. the huddle time is much faster and some of the formations we tend to run out of) We really need to get these things fixed as they are not issues we want going into the playoffs (going no huddle sometimes?).

A couple of other things: where are the screens and delays? It is so nice to see a playaction after the last couple of years but we really need more mix, hope we can do that in the coming months.

Last comment: can our new fullback run the ball in short yardage? Lynch is going to get injured if we always use him for it and it is the only thing other teams look for by now. I would have loved to see him in there on our short yardage plays.

I was also thinking, as we have had all these TEs as FBs the last couple of years why not try the FB as a TE just to see how it works.

My last thought, I wanna see us use a mis-direction wildcat with freddie (have freddy lead block!!!) and marshawn on next sunday (hell, even put JP in for the play, the fish won't know WTF is going on, it keeps JPs head in the game and with the team and it is a surprise, just IMO).

O-Line played Outstanding...I thought it may be a good idea to have them reshuffle:

RT: Walker

RG: Peters

C: Butler

LG: Dockery

LT: Chambers

but after last game...Peters looks like the montser we had anchoring the line last year, and Duke "the scratch golfer" Preston actually played well considering his first start...but more importantly, this line has depth and we are going to need Chambers, Whittle, Preston, and even Fowler this year...Marshawn will outshine Ronnie Brown next week by eclipsing the 100yard mark for the first time this year...GO BILLS!

You obviously have an addiction to crack..... why don't you take a look at every starting RB in the NFL and compare their YPA to their immediate back ups. Guys who spell guys are fresh, and typically, as in Freddy's case, get plays called for outside the tackles. Here's my sole example; Jurious Norwood. Please explain to me why he is not the starter in Atlanta?? Same reason Jackson isn't the starter here. They can't carry the load. They're built to spell guys. Seriously, I can't believe I'm even having this conversation........ Box score stats are great, but watching the game itself may help to clear up your confusion.