What we saw today

Dawgg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats subjective! Any opinion varying from JP backing was killed. I still have them in my history.

yes but apparently the server crashed and that part of the archive was lost

hmmmmm

Here fellas, have some more rope.

It's on me!

When the time of possession is 35:29 to 24:31, for the Bills because we have a solid QB running the offense and not making mistakes, that does in fact make a difference for the defense. A well rested defense is a defense that plays better. Perhaps that is why the defense does in fact play better when Trent is in there.

You make statements that the d playing better when Edwards plays is a fallacy, but you don't back it up with any proof or evidence to show why. That's because anyone who can competently look at a team in the NFL knows that Defenses play better when their offense can control the clock and keep them off the field. Perhaps that fact slipped your mind. The only game where we didn't win the TOP battle this season, was the one we lost. That's not a coincidence. Keep in mind that our TOP last year was one of the worst in the league.

ask and you shall receive...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...&hl=fallacy

Trent Edwards makes all the difference in the world for this team. Super accurate, doesn't turn the ball over and spreads the ball around.

That 3rd round pick alone was key to turning this franchise around.

Articulate, accurate, and best post of 2008. :censored::unsure::lol:

Here fellas, have some more rope.

It's on me!

I would have preferred the rope when obnoxious posters like Beerball , The Seneator and The Dean were given the green light to run wild with every insult in the book and were given control of this forum.

Some of those insults by the way were highly perverse.

As soon as anyone fired back they were booted.

But it was condoned by this forum because apparently the mods were as extreme about losman as those 3 were/are.

Now the 3 of them are hiding out like mice.

Looks like the same bologna you were spouting here with some incorrect facts backing it up. The fact is the TOP battle killed us last season and that was the making of the problems in the second half against the Cardinals. Edwards manages the game a lot better than JP and keeps the offense moving and the Defense off the field. Whether you want to admit it or not, a well rested defense plays better and makes more plays over the course of the game than a tired and worn out D. The difference is clear and the QB who is out there makes a difference. One clearly knows the game of football and knows how to manage the offense, the other, even after four seasons, still doesn't get it.

So you're accusing me of making this up? hahahahah. :censored:

Regardless of how rested or not the defense was against Arizona, it wouldn't have mattered BECAUSE THEY WERENT STOPPED FROM THE FIRST KICKOFF TO THE LAST.

I would have preferred the rope when obnoxious posters like Beerball , The Seneator and The Dean were given the green light to run wild with every insult in the book and were given control of this forum.

Some of those insults by the way were highly perverse.

As soon as anyone fired back they were booted.

But it was condoned by this forum because apparently the mods were as extreme about losman as those 3 were/are.

Another length sir?

You're almost there! :censored:

Regardless of how rested or not the defense was against Arizona, it wouldn't have mattered BECAUSE THEY WERENT STOPPED FROM THE FIRST KICKOFF TO THE LAST.

This is a completely different team with Edwards in there.

Where are all the experts that said he had a rubber arm?

Competent? Are you kidding me? Competent is 20-30 for 200... 25-30 260 is awesome.

Competent.

He knows the offense, executes the plays to perfection and doesn't force the ball when a play isn't there. He also feels the rush and isn't afraid to step in the pocket and throw, as he showed before that big hit he sustained in Arizona.

In time, when and IF he develops more accuracy with his deep ball, he can be a great QB. But for now, he's a very good, competent and efficient QB. I'll take that any day of the week, especially on Sundays :censored:

The Arizona game was going to be a loss regardless of who was in there. But over the course of a season, a team with a Trent Edwards as its starter will, all else being equal, see better play from its defense than a team with a J.P. Losman as its starter. This is because of the reasons mentioned earlier: Edwards is good at keeping the other team's defense on the field and at sustaining long, many-play drives. Today he showed exactly how good at this he can be, when the offensive line actually pass protects for a full four quarters. If they could do that consistently, and run block too, this offense would be among the very best in the league.

The Arizona game was going to be a loss regardless of who was in there. But over the course of a season, a team with a Trent Edwards as its starter will, all else being equal, see better play from its defense than a team with a J.P. Losman as its starter. This is because of the reasons mentioned earlier: Edwards is good at keeping the other team's defense on the field and at sustaining long, many-play drives. Today he showed exactly how good at this he can be, when the offensive line actually pass protects for a full four quarters. If they could do that consistently, and run block too, this offense would be among the very best in the league.

except, our defense didn't do all that well with the exception of the takeaways, which were due to Rivers' himself being careless with the ball. 7-11 third down conversions? unacceptable.

It just boggles my mind how people don't see the more TOP we have, the better our defense does. The same defense people were tearing apart against AZ handily took care of a SD, minus one of our leading tacklers.

If TOP wasn't the main difference (thank you Trent), can anyone explain what was?

It just boggles my mind how people don't see the more TOP we have, the better our defense does. The same defense people were tearing apart against AZ handily took care of a SD, minus one of our leading tacklers.

If TOP wasn't the main difference (thank you Trent), can anyone explain what was?

The defense had two 3 n outs and one 4 n out in the first half.... and forced 3 turnovers ....

If the defense did half of that in Arizona...we maybe 6-0 right now

The difference between Trent and JP is pocket pressence. Trent can feel the backside rush and he always steps into the pocket. JP is more inclined to either stand there and get sacked or try to escape the pocket. Throw in Trent's Quick release (Farvish if you ask me) and you have a QB.
That was proven without a doubt the third offensive play in Arizona

The defense had two 3 n outs and one 4 n out in the first half.... and forced 3 turnovers ....

If the defense did half of that in Arizona...we maybe 6-0 right now

Two of those turnovers came int he second half. The first came late int he first half. Would you say less fatigue/more rest was a factor in those three and outs and those turnovers?

If your team has TOP advantage, your defense generally is less fatigued. Less fatigue = better performance.

More TOP also keeps the offense opposing you off the field. They get cold. They don't get a chance to gain momentum or they lose momentum. The chances of them to get into a rhythm and effectively execute their game plan decrease.

I can see they got stops, but why did they get the stops? Better Gameplan? Better matchups?

My view is that they were simply less worn down.

Two of those turnovers came int he second half. The first came late int he first half. Would you say less fatigue/more rest was a factor in those three and outs and those turnovers?

If your team has TOP advantage, your defense generally is less fatigued. Less fatigue = better performance.

More TOP also keeps the offense opposing you off the field. They get cold. They don't get a chance to gain momentum or they lose momentum. The chances of them to get into a rhythm and effectively execute their game plan decrease.

I can see they got stops, but why did they get the stops? Better Gameplan? Better matchups?

My view is that they were simply less worn down.

Trent was in on the coin flip in Arizona why didn't he win it, because the d needed rest pretty much right after it.