Has anyone....

Much to my eternal regret, I did not even consider studying/working/traveling abroad either during or right after school. And what, like the $25K i earned that year has made a big diffrence in my life???? I do not care how much money you do/do not have, do yourself a favor and GO!!!!

Like I said, always consider that the biggest mistake i made in life, next to not gettin busy with the most gorgoeus girl ever(well, most gorgeous who ever said yes to me) at the Candy Store in Laurderdale cuase the parents of the chick i was staying with were already pissed at me, and I didn't want em more pissed. Was too young to realize, they already hated me, staying out another night was not going to elevate that hate. Lordy, I still can see that chick in my minds eye.

Youth, wasted on the young as they say....

That's a heart-felt post if ever I read one, Plenz! :wacko:

Memories...great, eh? :)

That's a heart-felt post if ever I read one, Plenz! :D

Memories...great, eh? :wacko:

Memories ahh, agreeed.

Sure wish I had a year of em from Europe or some other such place, but my memories of that first year out of school is banging out cold calls 12 hrs a day slinging mutual funds :wallbash::)

Much to my eternal regret, I did not even consider studying/working/traveling abroad either during or right after school. And what, like the $25K i earned that year has made a big diffrence in my life???? I do not care how much money you do/do not have, do yourself a favor and GO!!!!

Ditto.

Australia is a great country with great people and lots of talent.

You will love it.

A friend of mine from South Africa once gave me very good advice. If you treat an Australian girl well, she will return the favor. Australian men have a reputation for being chauvinists who also would much prefer to go to the pubs and drink with their mates.

There is an old joke about this. [Keep in mind that Australians have short hand for everything. Examples: Bruce - guys; Sheila - girls; John - an English guy; Sepo - an American (from septic tank). They also have an "earthy" sense of humor.]

In any event, the joke is as follows:

Sheila called Bruce to tell him that she is pregnant and that if he does not marry her, she is going to jump off the Sydney bridge. Bruce responded: Sheila, not only are you a good %#*@, you are a good sport.