Off-Season Trade for Gonzalez?

CJPearl2

I could see Buffalo or a number of other teams trying to work out a trade for TG in the off-season. The Chiefs and Peterson are getting a sh-- storm of criticsm for not trading him and TG himself is upset he's in the middle of a team working on a 2-3 year rebuilding plan.

Maybe we can get him for a 4th or 5th in the off-season and draft a TE for him to mentor.

dont think it will happen:

From Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: “A source familiar with negotiations told the Journal Sentinel that Chiefs President Carl Peterson ultimately decided to retain Gonzalez after turning down the best offer from Green Bay, which was a third-round selection. The source said Peterson wanted a second-rounder to make the deal…During a day of talks between Green Bay and Kansas City, the Packers increased their compensation offer several times. A source said Gonzalez had told the Chiefs that he would accept a trade to the Packers, and planned to play three more seasons…Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reported that Philadelphia, the New York Giants and Buffalo also were negotiating with the Chiefs. He reported that one team offered a third-round pick, another team offered a fourth-round pick and another team offered an unidentified choice plus a player…An NFL source told the Journal Sentinel that the Bills weren’t a factor because Gonzalez didn’t want to play for them…According to the source, Gonzalez was livid that the rebuilding Chiefs (1-4), for whom he has caught tight-end record totals of 841 passes for 10,075 yards and 68 touchdowns, refused to let him go for a third-round pick.”

I have a feeling this was the Bills...I think they might have offered McCargo and a 3rd/4th

another team offered an unidentified choice plus a player

It sounds like TG did not want to play in another "small market" venue. I am speculating based upon what I have read but it appears that he was focused on the Giants. His input was a big part of getting the deal done and he was not meant to be a Buffalo Bill. His loss...now it's time to move on and focus on kicking some Charger :nana: !!!

Forget an off-season trade for TG. Grab a solid prospect in the second round of the draft (Coffman, Beckum or Pettigrew). I would focus free agent money on a solid WR opposite Evans and maybe a second tier TE.

Guest dog14787

The Gonzalez BS is just reminder to everyone that its us of against the world and our team will only grow stronger and closer together because of it.

F%!@K Gonzalez :nana: