Pacman HAHAHHa

When I was 5, I saw my Father writhing in pain with cancer at the hospital for hours, and watched him die.

It didn't mess me up.

Thats sad. Although it didn't mess you up it had to be a pretty big negative in your life. Thing is, after time, you have to learn to get over the sh-- in your life and move on. Most do I think but a lot of people use it as an excuse to act like crap. Bottom line is if you want to get over it you do, if your not motivated to you won't.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats sad. Although it didn't mess you up it had to be a pretty big negative in your life. Thing is, after time, you have to learn to get over the sh-- in your life and move on. Most do I think but a lot of people use it as an excuse to act like crap. Bottom line is if you want to get over it you do, if your not motivated to you won't.

Exactly.

My Mom went to work, we five kids went out and earned what we could to support the household...shoveling, cleaning windows, weeding lawns, washing cars, whatever.

I was raised in that poor household, in poverty but never in squalor. No government handouts back then. And it would have been an unacceptable affront to us if there were.

Love abounded, and curiosity was encouraged. It was a time when children were actively protected against the ugliness of the adult world, not exploited or used as political footballs like these days. I have fond memories of the men in the neighborhood - they knew I was without my father, and they guided me and taught me the skills a man needs to learn.

My Mom was a very pretty woman - these good men also took pains to identify the sharks in ways I didn't know, and made them clear off.

And my teachers...there was a time when the Buffalo Public School System was a shining gem of the Nation. Back then, the main idea of education was the forging of a good citizen. I remember them all.

Exactly.

My Mom went to work, we five kids went out and earned what we could to support the household...shoveling, cleaning windows, weeding lawns, washing cars, whatever.

I was raised in that poor household, in poverty but never in squalor. No government handouts back then. And it would have been an unacceptable affront to us if there were.

Love abounded, and curiosity was encouraged. It was a time when children were actively protected against the ugliness of the adult world, not exploited or used as political footballs like these days. I have fond memories of the men in the neighborhood - they knew I was without my father, and they guided me and taught me the skills a man needs to learn.

My Mom was a very pretty woman - these good men also took pains to identify the sharks in ways I didn't know, and made them clear off.

And my teachers...there was a time when the Buffalo Public School System was a shining gem of the Nation. Back then, the main idea of education was the forging of a good citizen. I remember them all.

Amen to that!

When they talk about Crack-man Jones on the morning show from DC, they always play the little sound bite from the actual Pac-Man game, it sounds like police sirens. How appropriate!