Edwards is full go!!

SKOOBY

Quarterback Trent Edwards practiced with the Bills this morning for the first time since he suffered a concussion against the Arizona Cardinals on Oct. 5 and said he expects to play in Buffalo's home game against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday.

Edwards said the headaches he was suffering as a result of a hit by Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals went away during the Bills' weekend off and he was allowed to practice "full go" in the team's practice. Edwards worked with the first offensive unit, including the segment of no-huddle offense.

"It's getting better each day," said Edwards, who spent most of the Bills' weekend off watching football and his favorite baseball team, the Los Angeles Dodgers.|

The second year quarterback said he still has to pass some base-line testing on Tuesday before he will be declared ready to face the Chargers, who are coming off a 30-10 victory over the New England Patriots on Sunday night.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/462402.html

Assuming the outcome of some baseline testing today is positive, expect Trent Edwards to start at quarterback for the Buffalo Bills on Sunday against the San Diego Chargers at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Edwards practiced with the Bills on Monday morning for the first time since he suffered a concussion against the Arizona Cardinals on Oct. 5 and expects to play against the Chargers, who are coming off a 30-10 home victory over the New England Patriots on Sunday night.

“As far as I’m concerned — yes,” Edwards said when asked if he would be ready to play Sunday. The Bills’ medical staff cleared the second-year quarterback for practice Monday morning.

“I came in here today and met with them this morning and [they said] we’re going to give it a go today, there’s no reason to hold you back,” Edwards said. “I was feeling pretty good today at practice. We still need to work some kinks out, work some things out, but for the most part, I thought it was a good practice.”

Wide receiver Lee Evans agreed with that assessment.

“He was normal; he’s Trent,” Evans said. “It wasn’t like a new quarterback back there. He just came back in and just played his game and executed out there at prac-

tice.”

Edwards worked with the first offensive unit Monday, although backup J. P. Losman handled a segment of practice when the Bills worked on their no-huddle offense.

In his first media availability since the injury, Edwards said the headaches he was suffering as a result of a hit by Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals went away during the Bills’ weekend off.

“I’m getting better each day,” Edwards said. “It was a tough couple days after the hit, and I had some headaches and some residual side effects from it, but slowly and surely they’re going away. And the doctors and trainers were pleased with my progress and I’m feeling healthier and better each day, which is a good thing.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/463044.html