550 Schopp Being his self, Bulldog being a yes man & JP...

AnthonyF

Guest three3

why does jp backpedal so deep out of the pocket?? he does not make quick decisions and take chances, instead he panics and holds the ball. he needs to start throwing in those situations to spots where only his wrs have shots at catching the pass. nothing wrong with an incompletion when the alternative is a sack.

intangibles

why does jp backpedal so deep out of the pocket?? he does not make quick decisions and take chances, instead he panics and holds the ball. he needs to start throwing in those situations to spots where only his wrs have shots at catching the pass. nothing wrong with an incompletion when the alternative is a sack.

intangibles

It's Rob Johnson disease (I actually like Losman). Losman always wants to make the big play. I like that attitude but it's not always gonna be there in the NFL. Live to play another day.

Add to that Schopp continues to make snide backhanded comments deriding Losman and what little to expect from a backup and the Bulldog saying absolutely nothing and never ever challenging Schopp on anything. I can't believe how much I dislike Schopp....

I'm not trying to stir up an exchange with you or anything, this is a genuine question:

After seeing Losman in (I don't know the exact number of games) 30 games what is it that you expect out of him?

Is it so suprising to hear someone say that they don't expect much out of Losman?

For me it just sounds logical and honest.

I said that they are very subtle in their jabs and comments against Losman. They then commented on how callers are blaming Schonert for bad playcalling, which no one does with TE in there. Just hung up another caller (female) saying the line was terrible and then ending it with comment that we are still making excuses for Losman in year 5.

Hasn't Edwards fumbled twice this year, sacked 4 X's vs. St. Louis? I agree that TE is the starer, just pointing out that he has had bad runs too, and I have yet to see 4 good quarters by the Bills.

You must have missed the 1st game, lets hope for more like that one.

It's amazing how Schonert turns from genius to dummy when the QB changes from Trent Edwards to J.P. Losman.

Suddenly the creative Schonert turns into Steve Fairchild & Tom Clements and becomes conservative & uncreative.

The one thing Schonert had in common with Fairchild & Clements yesterday was J.P. Losman. The day we drafted J.P., the departed frozen one called him a coach killer when I recommended drafting J.P. in the 1st round (Yes, I really wanted J.P. on draft day 2004 :nana: ). Well if you're out there lurking iceman, you were right.

If the common denominator was Losman right from the start then the result was bound to be the same with the next coordinator.

You must have missed the 1st game, lets hope for more like that one.

Do you remember the first quarter where it was 3 and out the first 4 drives? It was a very nice second and third quarter. I have turned the page and am happy to see TE progress and see what we have in him. I was very much concerned that come the third quarter the offensive scheme (particularly the first drive of the 3rd quarter) was putrid.

Add to that the defense allowing third down conversions at will.... The fact Schopp intimated for 4 hours that he is smarter then everyone and that everything fed off Losman is preposterous.

I saw the sacks and they were basically as bad as the one's vs. St. Louis the week before. Losman has to be in the shotgun more often as you are right he does not process things as quick as some other qb's.

Exactly their not so subtle shots at JP. The Bills did have a chance, just played bad and there was again conservative/uncreative play calling.

Have you ever thought just maybe they have to dummy down the playbook for Losman because he does not process the information quick enough. Not to defend Fairchild(I am glad he is out of here) but I almost felt bad for him last year because he was trying to run a successfull offense with one hand tied behind his back. He had to calls plays with a 3rd round rookie qb & Losman, a guy that does not have the mental makeup to be successful in this league.

There really needs to be some competition for SCHLEPP and THE BULLFART.

Schlepp is so arrogant, condescending, egotistical, etc it's sickning. He's the worst radio personality I've ever heard.

He also went after Jerry Sullivan yesterday and Jerry just refused to fire back. He is beyond interesting anymore as he is just such a blowhard. So set in his ways that he doesn't even listen to the caller and expects Bulldog to back him up. They remind me of Pinky & the Brain......

Schopp is insulting, nasty and so myopic. Why he does a talk show when he so obviously hates callers and considers himself so far above them amazes me.

It's Rob Johnson disease (I actually like Losman). Losman always wants to make the big play. I like that attitude but it's not always gonna be there in the NFL. Live to play another day.

I think that's a big part of it...But there's more to it as well...JP's tendency when pressured is often to move laterally in the Pocket instead of stepping up and away from the outside Pass Rush...It's always the little things QB's do in the Pocket to avoid the Rush that make a HUGE difference...I think the best example ever was Marino...and they don't get much less mobile than Marino was...Especially in the later half of His career...Brady and Manning both have the knack to buy those precious extra seconds...Trent has shown the ability at times as well...

But the single thing I believe that will always hold JP back is His ability, or lack thereof, to read Defenses and find the open Receiver...That ability to recognize who will be the open guy is measured in microseconds...The good to great QB's see it before it happens and the Ball is there on time...JP has struggled with that part of His Game since day 1...I don't think He'll ever be able to hard-work His way out of it either...It is what it is...

I like JP as well...I think all things considered He's a good Kid, a hard worker, and a solid teammate...But like SO many before Him, and SO many yet to come, JP lacks the consistant ability to process what is happening on the Field in order to take advantage of it with enough regularity to be a quality NFL QB...It's nothing really personal about JP...There are far more like Him than not... :nana:

I think that's a big part of it...But there's more to it as well...JP's tendency when pressured is often to move laterally in the Pocket instead of stepping up and away from the outside Pass Rush...It's always the little things QB's do in the Pocket to avoid the Rush that make a HUGE difference...I think the best example ever was Marino...and they don't get much less mobile than Marino was...Especially in the later half of His career...Brady and Manning both have the knack to buy those precious extra seconds...Trent has shown the ability at times as well...

But the single thing I believe that will always hold JP back is His ability, or lack thereof, to read Defenses and find the open Receiver...That ability to recognize who will be the open guy is measured in microseconds...The good to great QB's see it before it happens and the Ball is there on time...JP has struggled with that part of His Game since day 1...I don't think He'll ever be able to hard-work His way out of it either...It is what it is...

I like JP as well...I think all things considered He's a good Kid, a hard worker, and a solid teammate...But like SO many before Him, and SO many yet to come, JP lacks the consistant ability to process what is happening on the Field in order to take advantage of it with enough regularity to be a quality NFL QB...It's nothing really personal about JP...There are far more like Him than not... :D

Agree to some extent, but on the Evans TD he did step up in the pocket. The issue is that yes he is slow making some decisions, but they set him up terribly by not using the shot gun enough and putting him in passing situations, and never having him roll the pocket. The second half was putrid and that was a result of bad playcalling the first drive. We score and it is 24-21, I think that could have changed the outlook. Instead we got one long run and followed up with 3 runs where we couldn't generate 5 yards (offside during the series).