Starting a new Bills Backers Club

CantonTom

As a former resident of Buffalo, as well as a first time poster to this site, I was wondering if anyone has any advise with regard to starting a new Bills Backers Club. I live in Canton, Ohio and would love to get together with other Bills fans to watch games, the draft, HOF Inductions, etc..... (ie...looking forward to welcoming B. Smith and A. Reed to Canton soon). I know there is a Bills Backers Club in nearby Akron, but I'd like to start something a little closer to home. Any help would be appreciated.

The Bills have a person at OBD who helps people start up Bills Backers Groups. I'm not sure if the woman who helped us years ago start up the Orlando group is still there, but you'll be pleasantly surprised to see how much help they'll provide you. I'd just call the front office and see who's in charge.

The nearest organized chapter to you is in Akron:

Barley House is near the corner South Main St. and E. Exchange St in Akron.

chris_lawoffices@hotmail.com

Chapter Size: 52

LA is right. If you go to buffalobills.com and click on the Bills Backers home page, you will find a link to send a message to the Backers coorindator.

I'd also make sure you find a bar that will specifically cater to your chapter. You probably won't need the whole bar for a while until your chapter grows, but you should talk to bar managers to find a place that will be a good environment and that will be sure to have a section they keep aside for you, with the Bills game on the TVs and hopefully easy bar access.

Just make sure you do your scouting, the last thing you want is to get there for your first game and have the bar not expecting you, heavily populated with another teams fans, or unwilling to change to the Bills game on more than one TV.