I am as optomistic as the next guy....truly....BUT

I think one of the big reasons we have not seen Lynch go over 100 yards is that the century mark often comes down to two things:

A. We go into the fourth quarter with a lead and the team simply keeps running the ball to move the clock.

B. Big breakaway runs which allow an RB to get 25+ yards in a big chunk.

I think the fact we had to mount comebacks in 3 of our 4 games has done a lot to force non-use of Lynch at a time when big yards are often piled up as the D is worn down by the pounding of the game.

As far as the lack of breakaway runs, Lynch has simply not shown this as part of his fairly wide repartee of specialties. However, given that I do not expect he is going to be able to do every thing, I would gladly keep the ability he has shown to get even small positive yards after he is hit and his ability to catch passes over the breakaway speed threat any day.

I think one of the big reasons we have not seen Lynch go over 100 yards is that the century mark often comes down to two things:

A. We go into the fourth quarter with a lead and the team simply keeps running the ball to move the clock.

B. Big breakaway runs which allow an RB to get 25+ yards in a big chunk.

I think the fact we had to mount comebacks in 3 of our 4 games has done a lot to force non-use of Lynch at a time when big yards are often piled up as the D is worn down by the pounding of the game.

As far as the lack of breakaway runs, Lynch has simply not shown this as part of his fairly wide repartee of specialties. However, given that I do not expect he is going to be able to do every thing, I would gladly keep the ability he has shown to get even small positive yards after he is hit and his ability to catch passes over the breakaway speed threat any day.

Good point - it is tough to hit the century mark when you're trying to engineer second-half comebacks.

On a positive note, unlike previous years, it DOES seem like they have been able to run for first downs in short-yardage situations, although several times that has been because of the individual efforts of Lynch.

I do disagree with you about Marshawn not being able to hit the big one - against Seattle, if he hadn't barely stepped out of bounds, he would've scampered 99 yards.