(OT) The Grudge

pdh1

Any one see "the Grudge" this weekend?

It was pretty damn scary!

I have seen the original version from Japan (which this follows fairly closely) and it still freaked me out.

I haven't heard an audience screanm that much in a theater since Jaws.

Any one see "the Grudge" this weekend?

It was pretty damn scary!

I have seen the original version from Japan (which this follows fairly closely) and it still freaked me out.

I haven't heard an audience screanm that much in a theater since Jaws.

82033[/snapback]

Not 100% sure, but I think the U.S. version was directed by the same director who did the Japanese version.

I never thought an audience could scream as much as they did when I saw Dawn of the Dead last spring.

Not 100% sure, but I think the U.S. version was directed by the same director who did the Japanese version.

I never thought an audience could scream as much as they did when I saw Dawn of the Dead last spring.

82128[/snapback]

Yes it is the done by the same director.

Dawn of the Dead (20040 had the best opening 10 minutes of any horror movie, period.

But in the Grudge, there is a great frigging scare right before the opening credits are done.

I actually saw some one fall out of the seat it startled them so much.

I saw this movie yesterday, and the audience I was with did not do anything but laugh.

Very hokey story and it was all cheap scares like a cat jumping out at you and then when you turn around, a goofy looking ghost is about to get you.

Gellar is going to beg Joss Wedon to make a Buffy movie, if she is going to pick films like this.

When I was leaving the theater, a guy turned to me and said what a waste of money, I have to agree.

Dawn of the Dead (20040 had the best opening 10 minutes of any horror movie, period.

82135[/snapback]

I've said that to my friends about 1000 times. Couldn't agree more.

Grudge isn't a sequel to The Ring, but a sequel to The Ring comes out next Spring. There's a teaser trailer out now.

I saw this movie yesterday, and the audience I was with did not do anything but laugh.

Very hokey story and it was all cheap scares like a cat jumping out at you and then when you turn around, a goofy looking ghost is about to get you. 

Gellar is going to beg Joss Wedon to make a Buffy movie, if she is going to pick films like this.

When I was leaving the theater, a guy turned to me and said what a waste of money, I have to agree.

82147[/snapback]

well, if you are in an audience full of baseball cap wearing, riddilin popping, baggy pants teenagers, who are to busy laughing and text paging each other about how great the new DMX cd is......

that can ruin the mood I am sure.

There was group like that in Saving Private Ryan who were actually laughing at storming of Normandy scene in the first twenty minutes.

Two other horror movies coming out that look good:

Saw

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/reviews.php?id=375

High Tension (haute tension):

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/reviews.php?id=322

The Grudge was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It's close between that and Dark City.

The movie was HORRIBLE. I'd rather watch 4 hours of the Bills offense.

92609[/snapback]

Dark City ruled! Now I I know your tast in movies sucks.

Worst Movies Ever (in no particular order)

Glitter

Battlefield Earth

Godzilla (american version 1998)

Mannequin

Catwoman

and anything directed by Michael Bay