Why do you care about Power Rankings?

KRT88

It seems that every week after the Bills play, people quickly focus in on the new Power Rankings. Every sports web site seems to produce one, CNNSI, ESPN, Fox, etc. And people truly get into these. My question is why do you care? They are just opinions and as we all know, opinion as like @$$holes, everyone has one. They truly mean nothing. If Buffalo played the Giants or Dallas do the power ranking affect the game result one bit. Does it matter who might be the best team in league or AFC in week three. I wish the Bills were ranked 10-15 in these polls. Perhaps staying under the radar would be best for the team. Eventually the young guys may start to believe the press clipping and then a big, unexpected loss comes.

My goal for the Bills is A. make the playoffs. B. win the division C. win a playoff game D. win the conference E. get the city a championship. I could care less if we are ranked third, fifth ninth. If Tennessee, Denver, the sisters of the blind are ranked ahead or below us. None of it matters at all.

I only care about power rankings when we had off-years. It was to see if there was hope behind our record that I was seeing. Now that we are winning I really don't care whatsoever. But when we are losing I always wanted to see what the "experts" thought so I had hope we could turn it around.

College Football makes a big deal out of them. Could you imagine, the third ranked Buffalo Bills travelling to take on the 32nd ranked Rams of St. Louis.

That would be weird... but that's what college does. Just as meaningless at the beginning of the season. Does anyone think the Bills REALLY are #3?

College Football makes a big deal out of them. Could you imagine, the third ranked Buffalo Bills travelling to take on the 32nd ranked Rams of St. Louis.

That would be weird... but that's what college does. Just as meaningless at the beginning of the season. Does anyone think the Bills REALLY are #3?

yes