Stolen Honor -by Carlton Sherwood

millbank

Carlton Sherwood made a film called "Stolen Honor", showing a number of Vietnam vets and their feelings regarding John Kerry. So many have watched Michael Moore's slant, take time to view real men speaking about the very deep hurt they feel. Take from it what you will

The Link is below on a site called the One Hundred Percenter, its obvious the site's biased but it's a film to be seen. The men do speak for themselves.

Just scroll down and click on link on the One Hundred Percenter page provided to

View stolen Honor Here click on it and the film will start its 45 minutes in durationStolen Honor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting that link, Grant.  I read about that documentary but it isn't being televised in Alaska.

Interesting stuff.

81921[/snapback]

I suppose Sinclair doesn't have an affiliate. They forced all the other affiliates to air that load of crap. Liberal media? Yeah right.

Carlton Sherwood made a film called "Stolen Honor", showing a number of Vietnam vets and their feelings regarding John Kerry.  So many have watched Michael Moore's slant, take time to view real men speaking about the very deep hurt they feel.  Take from it what you will

The Link is below on a site called the One Hundred Percenter, its obvious the site's biased but it's a film to be seen.  The men do speak for themselves.

Just scroll down and click on link on the One Hundred Percenter page provided to

View stolen Honor Here click on it and the film will start its 45 minutes in durationStolen Honor

81884[/snapback]

Ironically, the same Carlton Sherwood who as a reporter smeared Vietnam Veterans and those who were erecting the memorial -- later found out he made most of it up, was sued, fired and his station was forced to apologize. For years he could only find work with (surprise!) the Washington Times - and wrote a book praising its owner - Sun Yun Moon.

Yeah, that's a credibile "documentary." Imagine that, finding a handful of POWs who would do anything to help GWB.

Ironically, the same Carlton Sherwood who as a reporter smeared Vietnam Veterans and those who were erecting the memorial -- later found out he made most of it up, was sued, fired and his station was forced to apologize.  For years he could only find work with (surprise!) the Washington Times - and wrote a book praising its owner - Sun Yun Moon.

Yeah, that's a credibile "documentary."  Imagine that, finding a handful of POWs who would do anything to help GWB.

81993[/snapback]

so did you watch it?

Yeah, that's a credibile "documentary."  Imagine that, finding a handful of POWs who would do anything to help GWB.

81993[/snapback]

That sentence says alot about you. It's really fun to watch you with your panties in a twist as the reality sets in that your party nominated perhaps the only person running who can't beat the current Administration.

I especially liked that he found guys who spent many years being tortured in the Hanoi Hilton (including a CMH winner) and then showed film of John Kerry making an ass out of himself. I guess that probably has ALOT to do with the tone of desperation in your post.

Circling the drain...

That sentence says alot about you.  It's really fun to watch you with your panties in a twist as the reality sets in that your party nominated perhaps the only person running who can't beat the current Administration.

I especially liked that he found guys who spent many years being tortured in the Hanoi Hilton (including a CMH winner) and then showed film of John Kerry making an ass out of himself.  I guess that probably has ALOT to do with the tone of desperation in your post.

Circling the drain...

82067[/snapback]

The absurdity of your post is overwhelming.

My candidate can win, while your candidate, well, who IS your candidate?

Just vote for Bush and get it over with, you've lost all credibility anyway.

Do you feel the concern emanating from the North?

83242[/snapback]

:blink:

AD, I think cow is saying that if you haven't drank the Kerry-Coolaid you must be against them, and, therefore, are numbered amongst the enemy. It is good to know that so many are capable of articulating a legitimate political position....

:doh:

AD, I think cow is saying that if you haven't drank the Kerry-Coolaid you must be against them, and, therefore, are numbered amongst the enemy.  It is good to know that so many are capable of articulating a legitimate political position....

83334[/snapback]

There's a little more history at work than that.

Richie likes to pretend he's part of the solution and that he can hold something over me because I refuse to discuss my vote, though I have stated numerous times in the past that I no longer vote for Democrats or Republicans because the two parties are so corrupt that the country they supposedly care about is 2nd fiddle to winning partisan battles.

He pansies away from the board after getting swatted around for being a hypocrite.

He likes to pretend that backing a traitorous scumbag because he has a chance to win is good for the country. Thankfully our Founding Fathers had some sack.

Yeah, that's a credibile "documentary." Imagine that, finding a handful of POWs who would do anything to help GWB.

I almost can't believe you wrote that, then I considered the source. You really DON'T have a clue, do you? Somehow, because you "like" Kerry or don't "like" Bush, or something in between, you can rationalize a guy being hauled out of his tiger cage and getting beaten because he won't agree to what Mr. Kerry was saying about the war.

And you think Kerry is the hero here. There's a thing within the military known as the Code of Conduct. It's a formal thing, you get refreshed on it annually. You don't capitulate. It's not about John Wayne stuff, it's because it's been a time honed technique that if you can break a few people, you have leverage on the rest. There is unity in strength. Nothing like having videos of Mr. Three Purple Hearts telling Congress about war crimes, playing in front of an emaciated, physically injured A-6 pilot being beaten because he won't sign a "confession".

You, and people like you just-don't-get-it. And you want him as Commander in Chief. He was aware of the implications to those held captive when he did his grandstanding, as he received the training. He didn't care. Those in the Hanoi Hilton were expendable to him in his interests of running for public office in Mass.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
PS.

I swear to God, I wish there were some way to sit you across the table from some of these "handful of POW's" and watch you explain your position. I'd pay good money to see it.

83979[/snapback]

I'd do it, and I'd bring the POW's who are in favor of John Kerry. What, is telling it like it is and how it happened a real crime, or is ignoring the truth, and hiding behind a flag in the name of an outrageous war? Have we not LEARNED from the past, or are we destined to face these same 'win at all costs and at any price' bureaucrats???

My idea of patriotism obviously differs from yours, and I respect your position here. What has made this country great is the fact that neither side is ever entitled to do whatever they want without being accountable to the people. I will not back down from my assertion that just because we are the most powerful country in the world DOES NOT give us license to do whatever the hell we want to do. There are limits, and obviously instead of realizing our efforts in Vietnam as in Iraq are flawed and useless, we are clinging to the same doctrine that created voter apathy and pessimism in the first place!!! Will we EVER LEARN?

Our position in the world has been undercut and compromised, and now we are in even more danger than we ever were... this is the price we have paid for not learning the horrible lessons of Vietnam! I am very sad for our nation during this time... it really is a shame.

So I guess you folks are saying, that any story of Kerry's speeches being used as a leverage tool to get American POW's to sign false confessions must be a total fabrication both on their part, and by the Bush campaign.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'm all better now.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
So I guess you folks are saying, that any story of Kerry's speeches being used as a leverage tool to get American POW's to sign false confessions must be a total fabrication both on their part, and by the Bush campaign.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'm all better now.

84011[/snapback]

I would not doubt it. In Jim Mulligan's book on his experience in Vietnam as a POW, he told stories of this happening all the time, but by so many other methods.

They didn't need testimony from Kerry to complete their task... they were doing it right from the start, LONG BEFORE any such testimony was available. The Air Force men whom he wrote about as traitors did what they had to do to SAVE their own skin, NOT because of any stand Kerry took against the war.

You should know above all that a desperate man who is weak will not need that much motivation to turn... hell, most did on the extra favors alone!

The moral of the message here, to me at least, is that if something is said by the people who were actually there that doesn't reflect kindly and heroically on John Kerry, they are considered bought and paid for liars.

That, to me, is kind of-well, real sad. Instead of thinking, "well, if this is true, that's pretty bad" or even "if it's true, it doesn't matter" some of you will immediately leap to the "they are lying because Kerry has three purple hearts and Bush was AWOL from the guard".

It doesn't matter now anyway. We're a week or so out. Everyone knows what they are going to do. We'll all have to live with our choices.

not really. I'm just saying whatever truth there is is colored by time, bias, and possibly money.  McCain had no issue, or if he did he got over it.  I pointed out that I underwent the torture at survival school and they showed me the My Lai stuff.  I was more considered about immediate treatment that what was being published by the American press.  I suspect they were concerned more about torture than what Jane Fonda or others were saying.

84090[/snapback]

Could it be that what was being published by the American press.... The things that Kerry & Fonda were saying... were giving the enemy a weapon they could use to convince (torture) the POW's to admit to the things that others were already saying about them? No matter if they were true or not?

Could it be said that it gave the enemy more reasons to believe that if they applied enough pressure (torture) that they could extract confessions that would help their cause?

It was disgusting then... as it is now!!

At least Hanoi Jane has appologized!

Maybe we aren't on the same page. Although I plan to, I didn't see the show in question, but I have seen/read transcripts by both POW's and their former interogators that clips of JK's testimony were played to some POWs as proof of their war crimes, and they were abused for not signing documents confessing to their participation in the "atrocities" admitted to by JK.

Maybe we aren't on the same page. Although I plan to, I didn't see the show in question, but I have seen/read transcripts by both POW's and their former interogators that clips of JK's testimony were played to some POWs as proof of their war crimes, and they were abused for not signing documents confessing to their participation in the "atrocities" admitted to by JK.

84107[/snapback]

I've read the same thing about McCain, yet no one seems to care about the gutless way he handled getting shot down in 'Nam.

I'd do it, and I'd bring the POW's who are in favor of John Kerry. What, is telling it like it is and how it happened a real crime, or is ignoring the truth, and hiding behind a flag in the name of an outrageous war? Have we not LEARNED from the past, or are we destined to face these same 'win at all costs and at any price' bureaucrats???

My idea of patriotism obviously differs from yours, and I respect your position here. What has made this country great is the fact that neither side is ever entitled to do whatever they want without being accountable to the people. I will not back down from my assertion that just because we are the most powerful country in the world DOES NOT give us license to do whatever the hell we want to do. There are limits, and obviously instead of realizing our efforts in Vietnam as in Iraq are flawed and useless, we are clinging to the same doctrine that created voter apathy and pessimism in the first place!!! Will we EVER LEARN?

Our position in the world has been undercut and compromised, and now we are in even more danger than we ever were... this is the price we have paid for not learning the horrible lessons of Vietnam! I am very sad for our nation during this time... it really is a shame.

83989[/snapback]

My idea of patriotism obviously differs from yours

Yes, my allegience is to the United States. Yours is to the United Nations. Also, nothing in this answer is related to my point. You guys just can not answer the question.

"Is it acceptable to you, that J. Kerry's testimony was used as a tool by N. Vietnamese interrogators to help extract confessions from American POW's?"

Yes or no?