Adjustment of the game

John Adams

In the 1st half, the speed edge rush was getting to Trent a lot. He was JP-ish (Or RJ-ish if you prefer)out there looking to run, escaping the pocket a lot, and taking ever deeper drops.

In the second, he consistently stepped up in the pocket and let the rush go past him. Not sure if he did that himself or (more likely), the coaches told him to step up more. Credit the Raiders: they beat him up today, but more credit to Trent: he stepped up and threw despite the pressure.

That was the biggest adjustment. The Raiders D was more than I expected. Their offense was crap. Even with the 80 yarder, they mustered only 250 yards.

Guest dog14787
In the 1st half, the speed edge rush was getting to Trent a lot. He was JP-ish (Or RJ-ish if you prefer)out there looking to run, escaping the pocket a lot, and taking ever deeper drops.

In the second, he consistently stepped up in the pocket and let the rush go past him. Not sure if he did that himself or (more likely), the coaches told him to step up more. Credit the Raiders: they beat him up today, but more credit to Trent: he stepped up and threw despite the pressure.

That was the biggest adjustment. The Raiders D was more than I expected. Their offense was crap. Even with the 80 yarder, they mustered only 250 yards.

If being JP- ish mean he didn't want to get pulverized , I'll take that as a good thing. :lol:

Whats great about Turk Shonert, its a unified effort for him , he will take suggestions form his grandma if he thought it would work. Such a brilliant mind we have at OC right now, just brilliant. Because Turk Shonert played QB himself, we have the perfect OC for TE to develop and improve under, he see's through the QB's eyes.

Turk Shonert is a match made in heaven for TE and the Buffalo Bills :thumbsup:

stepping up into the pocket is basic football

Tons of QBs don't do it especially when the rush is coming. The last QB to do it for the Bills with any consistency was Kelly.

There was a recent myth in the NFL that you need an athletic QB who passes on the run outside the pocket. If anyone still believes that, they are way wrong. Pocket passers are still more consistent producers.

I think it was Peters that made the adjustment to the speed rush of Burgess--he finally started to play for the speed rush and ride him out wide. Burgess was the only Raider getting consistent pressure--once he was neutralized, things got a little easier.

Maybe Burgess just flat tired himself out by speed-rushing on every passing play.

even with the int/bad call to evans, in the 3rd the O made a nice adjustment being more direct and using misdirection on the faiders. i think that gave our line some confidence and got the raiders running all day for nothing, and by the 4th they were just dog tired. they had nothing left at all, those runs by marshawn were 2 and 3 guys just holding on for dear life. i really like how our giant giant (biggest in the nfl!) line plays late, but we need to figure a way to get some early punishment in so we are pushing them around into the 3rd quarter.