Art Wander

BradRiter

Brad,

I've always liked listening to you and am very glad that you are starting up a 2nd sports station in Buffalo. But please explain why Artie booboo blah, blah, blah not saying a gosh darn thing on your show / Ruben's show is news worthy?

I just don't get it.

:pirate:

Remember when Polian said "Marv Levy is our coach, Jim Kelly is our QB & if you dont like it you could get out of town". I think he was referring to Wander when he said that. Still one of the classic quotes in Buffalo sports.

Remember when Polian said "Marv Levy is our coach, Jim Kelly is our QB & if you dont like it you could get out of town". I think he was referring to Wander when he said that. Still one of the classic quotes in Buffalo sports.

Oh yeah, Wander was definitely the target of that memorable rant. He got some mileage out of it, too.

Oh yeah, Wander was definitely the target of that memorable rant. He got some mileage out of it, too.

I remember Wander was saying on his show "I have been here for 55 years & this guys is going to tell me to get out of town. I do not think so." I think I was 12 or 13 at the time. Those were the good old days.

Kinda off topic, but doesn't it seem like back then sports quotes were alot better & more controversial. All the athletes & people associated with sports teams nowadays are so conditioned to say the politically correct thing it kinda makes it boring to read the quotes sometimes. & when on the rare occasion now when an athlete does speak his mind or says something controversial we crucify him. Back then it just seems like athletes & such spoke their mind more freely. It made it for better entertainment IMO.