Ranking NFL helmets

GOBILLS78

Good to see the Bills with a top-five defense.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Now, for my bi-weekly pointless post, I'll rank the NFL's helmets from coolest to lamest. Only doing this because the Bills are playing the Raiders this week, and the Raiders' helmet is damn cool. Plus, it's Tuesday. Let's have fun.

1.) Bills -- Amazing.

2.) Browns -- Simple class. Less is more here.

3.) Raiders -- Timeless badass.

4.) Bengals -- Always liked this helmet for some reason, though it's slipping.

5.) Redskins -- Tradition. Clean.

6.) Chargers -- Simple. Perfect.

7.) Bears -- See above.

8.) Cowboys -- A lone star in the Lone Star State. Nice.

9.) Packers -- You can't rank anything without having the Pack in the top 10.

10.) Buccaneers -- Not bad, but loved the old helmet.

11.) Steelers -- You can't rank anything without having the Steelers outside the top 10.

12.) Chiefs -- Props for not changing.

13.) Colts -- Clean. Simple.

14.) 49ers -- Acceptable.

15.) Giants -- Prefered the "GIANTS" script, but this isn't terrible.

16.) Falcons -- Preferred the red.

17.) Cardinals -- Simple tradition, not bad, though it looks like a high school logo.

18.) Lions -- I like the fact that it's not crazy.

19.) Seahawks -- Silver was much better. But who cares.

20.) Vikings -- Helmet's not bad. Takes away from the fact they're wearing purple.

21.) Rams -- Probably better than the old one. Not great though.

22.) Ravens -- AFL.

23.) Saints -- Love black and gold, don't love these helmets.

24.) Eagles -- Shouldn't have changed.

25.) Panthers -- Looks like the Jaguars'.

26.) Jaguars -- Looks like the Panthers'.

27.) Patriots -- Although Pat the Patriot would have been much higher.

28.) Broncos -- Old helmet was better.

29.) Jets -- Turning back the clock didn't make it cool.

30.) Texans -- Eeesh, that's ugly.

31.) Dolphins -- I'm not a homophobe, but that helmet is queer.

32.) Titans -- Gross.

What are your cool helmets?

This Bills helmet is average at best. But, because it is the helmet of the BILLS, it's #1 in my heart. But, objectively, no way.

I like the classic, simple helmets, noted above. The standing Buffalo is a beautiful helmet, IMO.

Good to see the Bills with a top-five defense.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Now, for my bi-weekly pointless post, I'll rank the NFL's helmets from coolest to lamest. Only doing this because the Bills are playing the Raiders this week, and the Raiders' helmet is damn cool. Plus, it's Tuesday. Let's have fun.

1.) Bills -- Amazing.

2.) Browns -- Simple class. Less is more here.

3.) Raiders -- Timeless badass.

4.) Bengals -- Always liked this helmet for some reason, though it's slipping.

5.) Redskins -- Tradition. Clean.

6.) Chargers -- Simple. Perfect.

7.) Bears -- See above.

8.) Cowboys -- A lone star in the Lone Star State. Nice.

9.) Packers -- You can't rank anything without having the Pack in the top 10.

10.) Buccaneers -- Not bad, but loved the old helmet.

11.) Steelers -- You can't rank anything without having the Steelers outside the top 10.

12.) Chiefs -- Props for not changing.

13.) Colts -- Clean. Simple.

14.) 49ers -- Acceptable.

15.) Giants -- Prefered the "GIANTS" script, but this isn't terrible.

16.) Falcons -- Preferred the red.

17.) Cardinals -- Simple tradition, not bad, though it looks like a high school logo.

18.) Lions -- I like the fact that it's not crazy.

19.) Seahawks -- Silver was much better. But who cares.

20.) Vikings -- Helmet's not bad. Takes away from the fact they're wearing purple.

21.) Rams -- Probably better than the old one. Not great though.

22.) Ravens -- AFL.

23.) Saints -- Love black and gold, don't love these helmets.

24.) Eagles -- Shouldn't have changed.

25.) Panthers -- Looks like the Jaguars'.

26.) Jaguars -- Looks like the Panthers'.

27.) Patriots -- Although Pat the Patriot would have been much higher.

28.) Broncos -- Old helmet was better.

29.) Jets -- Turning back the clock didn't make it cool.

30.) Texans -- Eeesh, that's ugly.

31.) Dolphins -- I'm not a homophobe, but that helmet is queer.

32.) Titans -- Gross.

What are your cool helmets?

The Bucs and Raiders helmets are badassed and imo the best in the league

I really like the Eagles helmets, and the Vikings and Rams. They all make it as if they are the thing they are, ie, the Eagles have wings on their helmets, Vikings have the Viking horns, and the Rams have Ram horns, making them more like the animal/barbarian they are supposed to be. I always thought that was pretty cool. I do like the older colors though for the Eagles and Rams.

I really like the Eagles helmets, and the Vikings and Rams. They all make it as if they are the thing they are, ie, the Eagles have wings on their helmets, Vikings have the Viking horns, and the Rams have Ram horns, making them more like the animal/barbarian they are supposed to be. I always thought that was pretty cool. I do like the older colors though for the Eagles and Rams.

So, should the Buffalo helmet have an arrow sticking out of it, or a bullet hole in it?

Or, maybe they should go with the "Bills" thing instead. Maybe a pair of eyeglasses on the helmet, or a name-tag.

So, should the Buffalo helmet have an arrow sticking out of it, or a bullet hole in it?

Or, maybe they should go with the "Bills" thing instead. Maybe a pair of eyeglasses on the helmet, or a name-tag.

Do you not know how the Buffalo Bills got their name?

will you be my friend??? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like helmets YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont get why a lot of you guys like the old school helmets.. they look horrible IMO... I'd love to see the new helmets with the retro unis... but anyways, I dont want to hijack this thread so...

Ravens have the worst helmets & logo with Titans being next worst.. funny how these are 2 of the newer ones, they look a lot like ones from NFL Europa. Also I hate the Retro NY on the Giants helmets. I also like the Raiders helms as well... as for the Bengals & Browns, it would figure those two teams were owned by the same guy, wouldn't it?

B.

Exactly. What do glasses and a name tag have to do with that?

Aye aye aye.

Bill, just a guy named "Bill". A nerd, Bill Gates. It wasn't meant to be analyzed all that much.

OK, amend that to: Ears

This Bills helmet is average at best. But, because it is the helmet of the BILLS, it's #1 in my heart. But, objectively, no way.

I like the classic, simple helmets, noted above. The standing Buffalo is a beautiful helmet, IMO.

Agree. When the charging Bison first appeared in 1974 it looked just plain awful on TV. This was long before big screens and high def, and the logo decal was a slightly smaller than the ones seen today.

On our old Admiral TV, it looked like a damn fish, until there was a close-up shot.

Now, every time I see a vehicle in front of me with one of those "Support Our Troops" ribbon magnets, it looks like the "Bills fish", especially when it's placed more horizontal than vertical.

And the red streak? Is that supposed to show motion eminating from the bison horn? Shouldn't it be white, like the horn? Poor artwork.

The Bills logo is somewhat bland and void of character. Sure, we've come to love it through association, but in reality, it's outdated and boring.

At least the standing bison is kind of stoic and a familiar iconic figure in the city of Buffalo. I like the white helmets. Very classic AFL/NFL look. Wish they'd bring them back as the Jets and Chargers have.

At least we don't have a goat head logo.