We are lucky folks

More often after hockey games, but sometimes after football games, I like to see what the fans of other teams have to say on their message boards. Win or lose. I just like to read the other opinion, even if it maddens me (it often does).

Anyway. Last week, I read a Seahawks board. I only could find one that wasn't part of espn, nfl, scout, etc. The board that I did find was foul, mostly, which surprised me because it's Seattle, and it's supposed to be filled with mellow, coffee drinkin' folks. But this was like a Philadelphia Flyers message board instead. With double the death threats.

Today, a google search for "Jacksonville Jaguars Message Board" turned up nothing besides the Jags' official site and the page on scout.com that every team has. Kind of made me think (that's never good)...

1. We fill that bowl in OP almost always. Whether the team is good or bad, we seem to get right behind it. We don't need to leave sections "dark," even if the seats sell after "blackout hour," because we fill the stadium.

2. We have passionate fans who show up and who actually care about posting on at least two (that I know of) UNofficial message boards. We don't need a forum on bills.com or scouts.com or whatever (but it's nice that those forums are there). We have this, and at least one other independent site, to work with. Yeah, there are a lot of idiotic opinions (usually mine, when I post), but at least we have forums where opinions aren't controlled. Not every fan groups has that.

3. We can't spell for sh&t, and we have little, if any, command of the English language. But we do have regard for one another, even if it's disguised sometimes. What's really cool? Folks planning tailgate parties and even mid-week lunches (I'm looking at you, you Friday Nick Taho freaks) on a message board, even inviting strangers. I've lived in other NFL cities; I've never seen this sense of community among fans.

Again, I'm a hockey guy. I don't know football well (as a game), and I don't pretend to. But I do know that this area puts out more energy on a Sunday than Niagara Mohawk (or whatever it's called now) ships downstate in a year. Move freaking Jax to Toronto. Move the Raiders to LA (again). Put the Cardinals in Mexico City. But don't move this team. There aren't fans like this everywhere. Maybe in a few places. Not everywhere, not by a stretch.

More often after hockey games, but sometimes after football games, I like to see what the fans of other teams have to say on their message boards. Win or lose. I just like to read the other opinion, even if it maddens me (it often does).

Anyway. Last week, I read a Seahawks board. I only could find one that wasn't part of espn, nfl, scout, etc. The board that I did find was foul, mostly, which surprised me because it's Seattle, and it's supposed to be filled with mellow, coffee drinkin' folks. But this was like a Philadelphia Flyers message board instead. With double the death threats.

Today, a google search for "Jacksonville Jaguars Message Board" turned up nothing besides the Jags' official site and the page on scout.com that every team has. Kind of made me think (that's never good)...

1. We fill that bowl in OP almost always. Whether the team is good or bad, we seem to get right behind it. We don't need to leave sections "dark," even if the seats sell after "blackout hour," because we fill the stadium.

2. We have passionate fans who show up and who actually care about posting on at least two (that I know of) UNofficial message boards. We don't need a forum on bills.com or scouts.com or whatever (but it's nice that those forums are there). We have this, and at least one other independent site, to work with. Yeah, there are a lot of idiotic opinions (usually mine, when I post), but at least we have forums where opinions aren't controlled. Not every fan groups has that.

3. We can't spell for sh&t, and we have little, if any, command of the English language. But we do have regard for one another, even if it's disguised sometimes. What's really cool? Folks planning tailgate parties and even mid-week lunches (I'm looking at you, you Friday Nick Taho freaks) on a message board, even inviting strangers. I've lived in other NFL cities; I've never seen this sense of community among fans.

Again, I'm a hockey guy. I don't know football well (as a game), and I don't pretend to. But I do know that this area puts out more energy on a Sunday than Niagara Mohawk (or whatever it's called now) ships downstate in a year. Move freaking Jax to Toronto. Move the Raiders to LA (again). Put the Cardinals in Mexico City. But don't move this team. There aren't fans like this everywhere. Maybe in a few places. Not everywhere, not by a stretch.

Right on

Bills Fans are the best. Matched maybe - only by Green Bay and KC. BTW if any of you get he chance to attend games at either of these .... go. I am going to see Buff in KC again this year. Great crowd..great tailgating. I also attended games in LA when I lived there and there were NFL teams there. A joke an absolute joke. If th NFL allows the bills to go there someday they are idiots. BTW I live in Dallas now and the fans here are stupid. They are lucky to have a cheating b*sT*rd owner. Hde plays game with the cap.

Bills Fans are the best. Matched maybe - only by Green Bay and KC. BTW if any of you get he chance to attend games at either of these .... go. I am going to see Buff in KC again this year. Great crowd..great tailgating. I also attended games in LA when I lived there and there were NFL teams there. A joke an absolute joke. If th NFL allows the bills to go there someday they are idiots. BTW I live in Dallas now and the fans here are stupid. They are lucky to have a cheating b*sT*rd owner. Hde plays game with the cap.

And if you see that game in Kansas City, you will probably celebrate a Bills victory.

The Chiefs have a legitimate shot to go 0-16 this year. They are freakin' terrible.

And if you see that game in Kansas City, you will probably celebrate a Bills victory.

The Chiefs have a legitimate shot to go 0-16 this year. They are freakin' terrible.

So are your Browns. You should not be calling any other team terrible after the way your team has played the first 2 games.

Cleveland is going to have a tough time pulling out of it this year. They only play one more game at home until November, their schedule is brutal, the secondary stinks & I think you are going to see B Quinn in games by Halloween. Although they did cover the 6 pt spread last night & I had $50 on them so I am gratefull for that. :thumbsup: