Will Poz be fined for that facemask on MJD?

Fingon

Glad MJD was okay and it was a bonehead and costly penalty. But for some reason I thought it was awesome. Who does that--rips a guy's helmet the whole way around?

Dick Butkis? :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Agreed that it was funny to see --- there's that story/legend about Howie Long turning the earhole into a vision hole for a rookie teammate who pissed him off during camp. This was even better than that.

'Course the only reason we can find this amusing is that no real harm was done.

Sometimes helmets come off. I'm sure you all have noticed football players don't always do up all the straps/buttons on their helmets. That may have played a factor.

Straps not being on properly might have been the only thing that saved MJD from having a severe neck injury.

Otherwise, he's eating his supper tonight with his back toward the table.

Am I the only one who knows that Poz needs to be suspended for a game for that? He could have broken that guy's neck, and though I doubt I'd find anyone here who wouldn't actually laugh at that, it needs to be said, Poz needs to be punished HUGE for that. That was just stomach-turning.

A player has to release immediately if they accidentally grab the facemask. Poz pulled the thing completely around. A player can seriously hurt another player by doing that. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a big fine.

That aint in the rules no more pops. Either grab or no grap. He grabbed.

I agree, I didn't think it looked malicious either. No blood, no foul, no fine.

I think the equation here is no blood no injury no suspension (docking him a game would be unjustified in my view and I am glad I have not even heard that seriously proposed).

However, in this case Pos intent does not matter because all players have a responsibility to each other to control these weapons known as their bodies. When Pos felt that he had a grip on something other than a jersey he had a duty to let go. The NFL has eliminated the major/minor distinction for facemasking as they all are judged as bad.

By turning around the helmet (despite the fact that the player and the Jags equipment manager deserve a stern talking to to properly strap down their equipment, Pos fully deserve the penalty and if he had injured MoJo then he would have deserved a suspension as well. Fortunately he did not so he should be a little lighter in the wallet but that is all IMHO.

Am I the only one who knows that Poz needs to be suspended for a game for that? He could have broken that guy's neck, and though I doubt I'd find anyone here who wouldn't actually laugh at that, it needs to be said, Poz needs to be punished HUGE for that. That was just stomach-turning.

You KNOW that? I think you THINK that. After all, it is an opinion, not a fact.

I agree a fine is probably warranted, but not a suspension.

Glad MJD was okay and it was a bonehead and costly penalty. But for some reason I thought it was awesome. Who does that--rips a guy's helmet the whole way around?

I dont know about a bonehead penalty.... to me it looked like he was to the house if Poz didnt bring him down. I'd gladly take a 15 yarder rather than a TD...... plus Jones-Drew looked a little scared after that play also.