Who should I start?

2020 Our Year For Sure

Standard scoring: 1 point every 25 passing yards, 1 point every 10 rushing yards, 4 points for passing TDs and 6 for rushing TDs.

Jay Cutler VS. San Diego, or

Kurt Warner VS. Miami?

Cutler had a good one against Oakland last week, but this is a HUGE divisional game for Denver, and he's shown a tendency to falter when they really need him. He'll be facing a solid Chargers defense...while on the surface Delhomme's 247-yard, 1 touchdown game against them in week 1 looks good, it took him 41 attempts to do it...he only completed 56%, and only had 6.0 yards per attempt. He'll get Brandon Marshall back on the field for this one.

Warner faces a garbage defense, at home, who Favre made easy work of in week 1. Warner was also one of the highest-scoring quarterbacks in the league down the stretch last year, and had a solid game against a solid pass defense week 1.

I'm actually leaning toward Warner, because Cutler seems a bit hit-or-miss to me. Help!

Before the first game, I picked up Warner on the WW and put him into the starting lineup after I drafted Derek Anderson in the 8th round and I still started Warner and I am going to do it again this week.

He has too many weapons, is playing at home against on of the shiitiest teams in the league.

However, Cutler could be the beneficiary of getting into a shootout and the Broncos running game didn't help them win the game on Mon.

I would probably go with CUtler.

I don't know what to think about Cutler. You mentioned he chokes when they need him - which is true to the extent that he had the worst 4th Qtr QB rating last year; but you gotta wonder how much of that was diabetes/fatigue, ya know?

Probably one of the smartest things espn has done in recent years is feature a column from 'Football Outsiders' - who know what they're talking about more than espn....they like Warner's matchup a lot better, so I'd probably go with him. Supposedly Cutler has a cake schedule after this week, so they'll be plenty of starts for him...

I'd say it's probably close enough to go with your gut though.

Thanks for the replies. Three of the 4 Yahoo! experts rank Cutler better than Warner this week, but call me crazy, I'm going with Warner. Though if Cutler has a good game this week, I'll know I have a guy I can start with confidence every week. But I'll take the wait and see approach with him for now, and start Warner, who feels like a safer play.

Hope I'm not screwing myself over. Good luck this week everyone.

Well they both lit it up (Warner had 361 and 3 TDs, Cutler had 350 with 4 TDs, a pick and a 2pt conversion). Unfortunately I still lost by 7...but at least the 5 extra points I would've had from starting Cutler wouldn't have made a difference.

Good to know I can leave Cutler in the lineup almost regardless of who he's playing. I think I'll test the trade market for Warner.

I think I'll test the trade market for Warner.

Instead of making a new thread, I'll just ask this here. We start 3 WRs, and my starters are currently Chad Johnson, Lee Evans and Dwayne Bowe. I've just dealt Kurt Warner and Kevin Walter to add Santonio Holmes. I figure if Chad Johnson gets back to form, I'll have an extra WR to trade, and if he doesn't, I've just replaced him.

One problem is my daunting week 6 on the horizon: Marshawn Lynch, Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Lee Evans, Santonio Holmes, and Bills D will all be out for their bye week. :wallbash:

How did I do? Fair value for Warner?

Instead of making a new thread, I'll just ask this here. We start 3 WRs, and my starters are currently Chad Johnson, Lee Evans and Dwayne Bowe. I've just dealt Kurt Warner and Kevin Walter to add Santonio Holmes. I figure if Chad Johnson gets back to form, I'll have an extra WR to trade, and if he doesn't, I've just replaced him.

One problem is my daunting week 6 on the horizon: Marshawn Lynch, Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Lee Evans, Santonio Holmes, and Bills D will all be out for their bye week. :thumbsup:

So much of these negotiations depends on how desperate each side is. Warner for Holmes sounds fair to me, and a good deal for you since you have Cutler to fill your starter role.

Do you have another QB lined up as a backup / bye week fill in?

I have a less severe week 6 problem with Lynch, L Evans, H Ward, and the Bills D. I'm deep at WR, so I can cover it fine with Marshall, Holt, and/or DeSean Jackson.

Pick up DeSean if he's a free agent! I would have thought everyone had caught on by now, but he's only 85% owned on Yahoo, and 62% on my other league (Flea Flicker). Week 6 is vs. SF and they were able to torch the Cowboys.

One problem is my daunting week 6 on the horizon: Marshawn Lynch, Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Lee Evans, Santonio Holmes, and Bills D will all be out for their bye week. :thumbsup:

Great value.

Warner is a sell high candidate and if he is someones starter they better go get a very good backup.

In the last 6 seasons here is his games played:

2007-14

2006- 6

2005-10

2004-10

2003-2

2002-7

So much of these negotiations depends on how desperate each side is. Warner for Holmes sounds fair to me, and a good deal for you since you have Cutler to fill your starter role.

Do you have another QB lined up as a backup / bye week fill in?

I have a less severe week 6 problem with Lynch, L Evans, H Ward, and the Bills D. I'm deep at WR, so I can cover it fine with Marshall, Holt, and/or DeSean Jackson.

Pick up DeSean if he's a free agent! I would have thought everyone had caught on by now, but he's only 85% owned on Yahoo, and 62% on my other league (Flea Flicker). Week 6 is vs. SF and they were able to torch the Cowboys.

Yeah, I was actually carrying 3 QBs for the first couple weeks cause I wasn't 100% sure any of them would be legit starters. I still have Cutler and Matt Schaub.

Too late regarding DeSean Jackson, he got scooped up after his big week 1. I just added Vincent Jackson, and I'll have to find another bye week fill-in. Maybe David Patten if Colston is still out, they have a good matchup that week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.