A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

In bad weather, the Bills need to be more effective in running the ball......The Giants were effective running at us in the 2nd half last year....the Browns ran roughshod over us in that snow-blinder.....If the weather is bad, you don't put the game in the hands of your QB.....At this point Marshawn is well ahead of Trent Edwards as the best player on offense and the ball should be in his hands.....

All very true. Marshawn Lynch continues to show flashes of brilliant, but I still feel like our running game is just lacking a little something in the consistency department.

With that being said, I think there is no denying what a night-and-day difference there was between Edwards and Derek Anderson in the Cleveland game last year. I'm willing to dismiss any one gameas a fluke (this is football after all), but at this point I'm starting to see the disturbing beginnings of a trend - which would suggest that that night-and-day difference wasn't at all all fluke.

JDG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched the game 3x. I cannot tell you how many times Stroud was in the backfield, and/or allowed others to make a play. He was totally dominant on Sunday.

Just wait until this coming Sunday. They'll probably have to triple-team him.

It sure was, and that last block was a thing of beauty, cutting off the last guy with a legitimate shot at a tackle...

I also noticed Digiogio had two blocks as well. One as Roscoe caught the ball, and another around the 15 yard line or there abouts.

1) For all the great Special Teams plays we had yesterday - we still had a blocked kick. UGH! It reminds me of losing a game to the Jets (who have a pretty good ST coach/consultant of their own in Mike Westhoff) a ways back on a special teams return.

Not too surprised. They have an excellent ST coach in Seattle who got his chops coaching in Buffalo.