Crowell is the bigger loser

VJ91

We are not talking about the Bills penalizing Cornelius Bennet or even Darryl Talley here. This is Angelo Crowell, a serviceable starting NFL linebacker, but not a difference maker. If he was, he would have helped the Bills win more then 7 games last season. He would have helped them stop the run better. He would have made some big plays to turn games around. With Poz and Mitchell supporting him, Ellison should be able to do the job without very much fall off at all.

But Angelo Crowell is the huge loser in this situation. Obviously he upset the Bills by waiting this long to have surgery. What was he thinking? A few days before the season opener, and he takes himself out of the starting lineup? Who does that? I've never heard of the player quitting the team for exploratory surgery, just to see how bad he's injured. So Brandon places the guy on IR, and he sits out his entire contract year. What an idiot Crowell is. Compare him to Sean Merriman out in San Diego! He is a difference maker, and regularly makes plays to turn games around. A proven Pro Bowler. Chargers management would have been fine if he shut it down to have his surgery. Instead he decided to play the entire year for his team. That makes Crowell look even more pathetic to the rest of the teams that will be looking at him as a free agent next year.

I think you got something there........ All through Jauron's tenure (with Marv) we have heard nothing but things about high character guys and team oriented players... Doesn't Crowell's actions completely define the opposite of that.... Lets no one know about surgery and finally does 4 days before week 1... Sounds pretty damn selfish and a "ME" first kind of decision..... So I bet Jauron said thats not the kind of player we are looking for on this TEAM.... TEAM first chemistry makes winning ball clubs in any sport.... There is probably a lot more behind all of this but looking at the surface makes me think his attitude and concern about HIMSELF got him put on IR and prolly out of buffalo for good!!!!!

just my opinion so be easy on me people :thumbsup::wallbash:

What comes around goes around- my guess is based on how the Bills treat players he thought if he got surgery in the off-season they'd clear him and cut him- he'd be sitting around hoping to get a one year minimum contract from some team- this way he gets paid for the year or an injury settlement.

I think you got something there........ All through Jauron's tenure (with Marv) we have heard nothing but things about high character guys and team oriented players... Doesn't Crowell's actions completely define the opposite of that.... Lets no one know about surgery and finally does 4 days before week 1... Sounds pretty damn selfish and a "ME" first kind of decision..... So I bet Jauron said thats not the kind of player we are looking for on this TEAM.... TEAM first chemistry makes winning ball clubs in any sport.... There is probably a lot more behind all of this but looking at the surface makes me think his attitude and concern about HIMSELF got him put on IR and prolly out of buffalo for good!!!!!

just my opinion so be easy on me people :thumbsup::wallbash:

BINGO

What comes around goes around- my guess is based on how the Bills treat players he thought if he got surgery in the off-season they'd clear him and cut him- he'd be sitting around hoping to get a one year minimum contract from some team- this way he gets paid for the year or an injury settlement.

That's a fair point. But IIRC, if he's on the active roster before and then after the opening day of the season, his year-long salary is guaranteed no matter what. I'm assuming it's the opening of the league season - last nights' NYG-WAS game.

It works the other way, too. If you sign a vested veteran after opening day, it's not a full-year salary guarantee.

I could be wrong - the CBA is IMO quite the Byzantine document.

Im with you guys. I just dont think the Crowell injury will hurt us that bad.

I'm not one to evaluate talent, but at least they've been working Ellison behind Crowell since the end of last season (according to Ellison), and he got a lot of playing time last year. So while the situation isn't preferred, on paper it certainly doesn't seem like the end of the world.

I think this was a power play by Crowell: Every player wants an extension going into their last year of a contract, particularly good players. Crowell had no doubt been hoping for one, and when it became apparant that he wasn't getting it, he created a "work stoppage" to clean up his knee but also to say"F.U" to the front office. Well, the F.O. one upped him on the "F.U.", and knocked him out of his chance to earn a big contract next year by having him sit all year. Politics on both sides, but I think the Bills, with everyone in the entire organization needing to look good by winning as many games as possible, did not have as high an opinion of Crowell as many on the outside do.

Every time something like this happens, the board exlodes into a crazed fervor. Just be cool and see what the story is.

It is VERY likely given the timing of the press releases that:

1. AC had his scope yesterday (which is in the Rochester D and C) in the afternoon.

2. Scope shows significant ligamentous injury

3. AC needs season ending surgery

4. Bills informed and place him on IR.

Suddenly the hundreds of rants and character attacks are unwarranted, and we can all feel slightly better about this crappy situation.