John McCain may have just lost Florida!

JK2000

Attaboy Johnny! Did your vetters tell you about this or her endorsement of Pat Buchanan? I guess not.

It's falling apart for Mc Cain. Obviously he did not make the pick. He spent all of 3 hours with her in his lifetime... and that is enough time spent to get to know someone and make her VP? I wonder who made the decision for him? His first chance to make an executive decision and he screws it up.

Attaboy Johnny! Did your vetters tell you about this or her endorsement of Pat Buchanan? I guess not.

Yeah, because the idea of Jews for Jesus is sooo odius. Conversion and outreach go against everything that the Democrats stand for. What next? Conservative blacks? Religious Democrats?? Gay Republicans???

People should be banned from changing their religions, and religions that poach shut down. There should be a big sign outside Christian Churches that says "No Jews."

Yeah, because the idea of Jews for Jesus is sooo odius. Conversion and outreach go against everything that the Democrats stand for. What next? Conservative blacks? Religious Democrats?? Gay Republicans???

People should be banned from changing their religions, and religions that poach shut down. There should be a big sign outside Christian Churches that says "No Jews."

To many Jews it is, just ask Sal the Stockbroker! If I was Jewish I'd probably be annoyed by them as well.

Isn't it time you were banned...again?

You're the 2nd guy who has said that- I have NEVER been banned.

To many Jews it is, just ask Sal the Stockbroker!

I find your celebration of bigotry troubling. Because that's what the vilification of Jews for Jesus boils down to: bigotry. Resentment against somebody leaving the group and finding their own way.

It shouldn't be surprising: it's the same reaction levied against women who go Republican:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/03/the-f...e-female-abuse/

And lets not even get into the plight of black Republicans.

I find your celebration of bigotry troubling. Because that's what the vilification of Jews for Jesus boils down to: bigotry. Resentment against somebody leaving the group and finding their own way.

It shouldn't be surprising: it's the same reaction levied against women who go Republican:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/03/the-f...e-female-abuse/

And lets not even get into the plight of black Republicans.

Are you Jewish? I'm only pointing out the perception most Jews have for Jews for Jesus and its political impact in Florida. I couldn't care less what they do.

Are you Jewish? I'm only pointing out the perception most Jews have for Jews for Jesus and its political impact in Florida. I couldn't care less what they do.

Your political take is legit - Jews for Jesus is an anathema.

I'm only pointing out that your glee at the prospect of their demonization is revealing about your character. It's sort of like getting excited that an opponent campaigning in KKK country is going to have the fact revealed that he dates interracially.

As to whether I am Jewish, you may assume what you wish.

What is more interesting in the implication in the article that her church supports Jews for Jesus. Like Obama had to with his preacher, I would suggest that she come out and completely disavows herself from the views of this group and her church's allowing this group a forum.

If I were the press, I would ask her about her views on this subject, probably why the GOP has sequestered her from them until they can fully prep her or get to respond in a way that is less inflammatory.

Isn't it time you were banned...again?

Even though JK is a 1 trick pony, he pales in comparison to Molson.

And on the issue of McCain in freefall over the Palin pick, JK's right. McCain went out on a limb and it's not going to pay off. This is turning into a nightmare. I smell her waiting for a particularly vicious media attack and then withdrawing her name for VP. That gets her out of the race and turns the knife on the liberal attackers.

Even though JK is a 1 trick pony, he pales in comparison to Molson.

And on the issue of McCain in freefall over the Palin pick, JK's right. McCain went out on a limb and it's not going to pay off. This is turning into a nightmare. I smell her waiting for a particularly vicious media attack and then withdrawing her name for VP. That gets her out of the race and turns the knife on the liberal attackers.

Yes but you're not spamming this site with every ridiculous link that you can find and then drawing equally ridiculous conclusions from them. Are there concerns that Palin isn't the best choice for VP? Sure. How about lets she what she has to say, and how she answers some questions in the next couple of weeks before we make a final decision on her, and her effect on McCain's campaign? Unlike Biden, she's not been in the national political scene for quite as long for many sensible people to have an accurate opinion of her.

As far as JK goes, he's impossible to take serious, because you can predict every outrageous thing he will say to a given topic before he even posts. And if you can't predict it, that usually means it's even more outrageous than you gave him credit for.

Like this post. He takes something written about Palin's church having a guest speaker from Jews for Jesus, and draws his conclusion which he posted in the title that McCain may have just lost Florida. The article listed several reasons why many (not most or all) Jews didn't like Palin. The Jews for Jesus segment of the article was a poorly shoehorned anecdote trying to give the story some kind of substance. Not only that, but his first sentence of the post suggests that Palin endorses Pat Buchanan. Are we to assume that whoever a person attends a meeting/convention/service with means that they now endorse everything the other person stands for or says?

Yes, many Jews will not like Palin. But even as the article stated in the beginning, Obama has his own struggles with the Jewish community. To automatically draw the conclusion that McCain is on the verge of losing Florida is ridiculous and ignorant. This is the kind of tripe that JK is constantly posting. It's tiresome, ignorant, and childish.

Brickner also described terrorist attacks on Israelis as God's "judgment of unbelief" of Jews who haven't embraced Christianity.

"Judgment is very real and we see it played out on the pages of the newspapers and on the television. It's very real. When [brickner's son] was in Jerusalem he was there to witness some of that judgment, some of that conflict, when a Palestinian from East Jerusalem took a bulldozer and went plowing through a score of cars, killing numbers of people. Judgment — you can't miss it."

Is this enough? I would hope she comes out and says something about this. This is way over the top for her to be anything part of.

What is more interesting in the implication in the article that her church supports Jews for Jesus. Like Obama had to with his preacher, I would suggest that she come out and completely disavows herself from the views of this group and her church's allowing this group a forum.

If I were the press, I would ask her about her views on this subject, probably why the GOP has sequestered her from them until they can fully prep her or get to respond in a way that is less inflammatory.

What did I miss? What's wrong with Jews for Jesus and how is that wrong? How can you compare a group that tries to convert people to what they think is salvific and does no harm and cause no bigotry to a church in Chicago which believes whites are devils unless they believe whites should be in subjection to blacks?

Again, what did I miss?

Brickner also described terrorist attacks on Israelis as God's "judgment of unbelief" of Jews who haven't embraced Christianity.

"Judgment is very real and we see it played out on the pages of the newspapers and on the television. It's very real. When [brickner's son] was in Jerusalem he was there to witness some of that judgment, some of that conflict, when a Palestinian from East Jerusalem took a bulldozer and went plowing through a score of cars, killing numbers of people. Judgment — you can't miss it."

Is this enough? I would hope she comes out and says something about this. This is way over the top for her to be anything part of.

Ok, that's good point, but is that part of what they believe as a platform as a main tenet or is it just a nutcase saying that? Should Obama now shun the Catholic Church and alienate voters because of Phelgler's statements?

What did I miss? What's wrong with Jews for Jesus and how is that wrong? How can you compare a group that tries to convert people to what they think is salvific and does no harm and cause no bigotry to a church in Chicago which believes whites are devils unless they believe whites should be in subjection to blacks?

Again, what did I miss?

did you read the article? Its very bad stuff

Again, what did I miss?

What you missed is the endorsement of bigotry when it is politically convenient.

Me? I think the Jews for Jesus movement is stupid. But the idea of being offended by their wanting to convert people to their beliefs, and celebrating the ugly reactions of those who are, is far far worse.

Ok, that's good point, but is that part of what they believe as a platform as a main tenet or is it just a nutcase saying that? Should Obama now shun the Catholic Church and alienate voters because of Phelgler's statements?

he needs to come out and distance herself from this languange and the church that invited the person to speak. That isn't just stupid talk its hate speech