When it rains it pours!!!

JK2000

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, she could have her staff call up all of the world leaders that Obama met with and they will schedule a 10 minute meeting with her 8 years from now.

Good idea, now that Obama has shown us that a 'world leader' photo op tour checks off the foreign policy box.

I'm sure she'll get to meet all his fans once she's VP.

Good idea, now that Obama has shown us that a 'world leader' photo op tour checks off the foreign policy box.

I'm sure she'll get to meet all his fans once she's VP.

Actually, it does. It means they take him very seriously. And some of these guys were acting like they just saw Kobe Bryant. You can laugh at it and say, wow, they think he's a celebrity, too. But if you're a celebrity, or if you somehow have world leaders trying to buddy up to you, that's strength and power.

Actually, it does. It means they take him very seriously. And some of these guys were acting like they just saw Kobe Bryant. You can laugh at it and say, wow, they think he's a celebrity, too. But if you're a celebrity, or if you somehow have world leaders trying to buddy up to you, that's strength and power.

Right, like they aren't just covering their bases if he happens to win.

BTW Who is Kobe Bryant?

You actually think McCain can win with her?

Why not? First, people vote for the guy on the top of the ticket, not the VP. Second, she is a likable person. So who do you think is going to change their vote based on the VP pick? Lifelong Republicans? Crusty, old-guard, Hillary Dems in the rust belt who hate Obama? Racist southerners? Veterans? Pissed off woman who think Hillary was robbed? Working professionals who will get screwed by Obama tax hikes? People who think he's not experienced enough for the top job? Maybe, but I don't see it.

Despite the Obama speech and the MSM's all out assault on this woman since the moment she was announced, his lead is pretty small. Once those stories go stale, it's likely going to be a close race. And since polls tilt toward Dems, if the numbers are very close going into election day, McCain is probably going to win. Of course, any number of things can derail either campaign between now and then, but I think the VP choice is not likely to be one of them.

Not by the way they actually acted they weren't. No. They didn't do it for McCain any time he met with them. They surely wouldn't do that for Sarah Palin, even now, I guarantee you.

Well, she is only the VP nominee.

Why not? First, people vote for the guy on the top of the ticket, not the VP. Second, she is a likable person. So who do you think is going to change their vote based on the VP pick? Lifelong Republicans? Crusty, old-guard, Hillary Dems in the rust belt who hate Obama? Racist southerners? Veterans? Pissed off woman who think Hillary was robbed? Working professionals who will get screwed by Obama tax hikes? People who think he's not experienced enough for the top job? Maybe, but I don't see it.

Despite the Obama speech and the MSM's all out assault on this woman since the moment she was announced, his lead is pretty small. Once those stories go stale, it's likely going to be a close race. And since polls tilt toward Dems, if the numbers are very close going into election day, McCain is probably going to win. Of course, any number of things can derail either campaign between now and then, but I think the VP choice is not likely to be one of them.

Congratulations! Your Republican war hero is only trailing a black man whose middle name is Hussein and whose last name is one letter different than that of our generations worst mass murderer in Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado, and Virginia! But at least you're TIED in Ohio, and up by 1 in Nevada, right? That doesn't matter because Obama's bounce wasn't as big as other post convention bounces, right? Never mind that all it took was to add the least qualified VP nominee in American history to the ticket, but hey who needs to govern when you can dominate the last weekend in August's news coverage! Vote Republican- The party of moral victories!

Congratulations! Your Republican war hero is only trailing a black man whose middle name is Hussein and whose last name is one letter different than that of our generations worst mass murderer in Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado, and Virginia! But at least you're TIED in Ohio, and up by 1 in Nevada, right? That doesn't matter because Obama's bounce wasn't as big as other post convention bounces, right? Never mind that all it took was to add the least qualified VP nominee in American history to the ticket, but hey who needs to govern when you can dominate the last weekend in August's news coverage! Vote Republican- The party of moral victories!

Thanks for your usual mindless idiocy molton. Better hurry and get back to spamming the board before this ID gets banned too.

I personally do not buy the whole philosophy of voting solely for the person on the top of the ticket. I vote for the ticket as a whole. Hillary Dems should come around with the Biden pick... he has been a very good friend to labor. Most women who feel jaded by Hillary not getting the nomination, I feel, would most likely be insulted if this pick was intended to gain their vote. I also believe that the VP candidate should have experience to be President just in case something happens. She clearly does not have that experience. People are learning that.

Just a matter of time before Obama starts to pull ahead again.

Thanks for your usual mindless idiocy molton. Better hurry and get back to spamming the board before this ID gets banned too.

1)I've never been banned

2)You can't handle the truth that the Palin gimmick is the death knell for the McCain campaign? Go back to spouting off your "Bad Bounce" talking points!

I personally do not buy the whole philosophy of voting solely for the person on the top of the ticket. I vote for the ticket as a whole. Hillary Dems should come around with the Biden pick... he has been a very good friend to labor. Most women who feel jaded by Hillary not getting the nomination, I feel, would most likely be insulted if this pick was intended to gain their vote. I also believe that the VP candidate should have experience to be President just in case something happens. She clearly does not have that experience. People are learning that.

Just a matter of time before Obama starts to pull ahead again.

Very possible, for a variety of reasons. I'm shocked that he's not 15 points ahead and cruising. This has been the Dems election to lose since the beginning.

As for the women, certainly a significant majority of the Hillary voters will go for Obama. But McCain only needs a small % of them to potentially tip the balance in key states. It was a very nasty primary on a personal level, the likes of which we haven't seen in decades, so I think it's somewhat unrealistic to believe that it will have no impact whatsoever on the general election.

Something else that has not been taken into account:

Most people who vote don't post vitriol on internet message boards. :D

We have no idea what's going to happen until November 4.

Well, she is only the VP nominee.

No. She's McCain's choice to succeed him should he not finish out his term. The lack of thought, lack of research, and serious lack in judgement to name her to the ticket speaks very loudly as to what kind of "leader" he will be. You clearly support a "leader" who makes uninformed decisions that would have far-reaching consequences should the worst scenario happen during his term. Not caring, gambling, pandering, lying, and just plain displaying a staggering lack of forethought what-so-ever are not qualities I, and many others I suspect, want to see over the next four years.

Very possible, for a variety of reasons. I'm shocked that he's not 15 points ahead and cruising. This has been the Dems election to lose since the beginning.

As for the women, certainly a significant majority of the Hillary voters will go for Obama. But McCain only needs a small % of them to potentially tip the balance in key states. It was a very nasty primary on a personal level, the likes of which we haven't seen in decades, so I think it's somewhat unrealistic to believe that it will have no impact whatsoever on the general election.

In regards to the women vote, you are right he needs to pull some of that vote. I'm not convinced that two anti-abortion candidates will be able to do that. The one thing that does hurt McCain is those middle of the road republicans may not vote his way because he bent over backwards for the evangelical vote.

Win some, lose some.

Plus, one wonders where all of these McCain supporters really are? Granted they are just events, but pulling in 80,000+ at the DNC, other events since being 25,000+.... and McCain is struggling to pull in 10,000.