Yup, rate my draft

Just had it earlier today. It's a 12-man league. PPR. QB, 2RB, RB/WR, 2WR, TE, D, K

I had the first overall pick.

1 - RB L Tomlinson

2 - WR T Houshmanzadeh

3 - QB B Roethlisberger (QB TDs still worth same as RB/WRs, 6 points)

4 - WR B Marshall

5 - TE D Clark

6 - RB L White

7 - WR L Coles

8 - RB J Fargas

9 - QB M Bulger

10 - D Colts

11 - TE T Scheffler

12 - WR K Walter

13 - RB J Hester

14 - RB K Watson

15 - WR D Hester

16 - K R Gould

I'm especially happy with Brandon Marshall after hearing (after the draft) that he might only miss one game. Not crazy about Fargas. Really liked Scheffler's value in 11. Took Jacob Hester a little early as my handcuff, but he's looked good in preseason and I didn't want anyone to screw me.

If anybody's TD's besides Brady's are bound to decline it's Roethliburger's. I can't emphasize enough how much I hate that pick. Maybe slightly less than the Colts and more than the Clark picks. I just think you got awful value across the board except for Coles, Bulger, Scheffler, and maybe White.

2. WR T Houshmanzadeh

5 - TE D Clark

6 - RB L White

I'm in a similar league yet the picks above could be most damning for you and really hope you meant Dallas Clark and not Desmond Clark or then your worse off then I thought. As all 3 could struggle to reproduce their 2007 numbers. I think you have some big time questions at RB behind LT. I think you would have been wiser taking a RB at pick 2 and WR at pick 5 and TE at pick 6.

Well, in regards to the Housh pick... Moss, Owens, Wayne, Edwards, Fitzgerald, Colston, and Welker were all taken leading up to that selection in the second round. If I did not select a receiver with either my 2/3 pick (it was the swing pick) I would have been screwed. So I felt very comfortable going with a guy that had over 100 receptions last year, and is going into a contract year this season.

As for Roethlisberger... I acquired him last year the week he threw for like five TDs. Did I want to take him that high? Absolutely not. I really wanted one of the big 4 and obviously none of them were there. I know there is typically not much of a difference between the second tier QBs versus the third and fourth tier, however I personally like him this year. He's got two nice rookie weapons to add to the mix, a healthy Willie Parker, an experienced Santonio Holmes. The only thing that concerns me is the line. If would have passed on Big Ben, I would have been able to select either McNabb or Hasslebeck next time around. Most people would say those guys would be better value, which is fine, but I believe in Roethlisberger this year. I can't say the same about those other two QBs.

If anybody's TD's besides Brady's are bound to decline it's Roethliburger's. I can't emphasize enough how much I hate that pick. Maybe slightly less than the Colts and more than the Clark picks. I just think you got awful value across the board except for Coles, Bulger, Scheffler, and maybe White.

I just saw you call BobFreakinVila's draft solid, but if you line up the two teams you'd have to give mine the edge, player by player.

Roetherlisberger > Anderson

Tomlinson > Lynch

White = T Jones

Fargas < J Jones

J Hester = F Jackson

Houshmanzadeh < Wayne

Marshall > R Williams

Coles > Bowe

Walter > Hardy

D Hester = Hackett

Clark > V Davis

Gould < Crosby

Colts D < Cowboys D

I think I am being very fair in that assessment. That says

Tim - a few things:

1. I try to take into account draft position and player availability. I mean I'm not going to credit anyone for picking LT2 first, but obviously he's a huge asset for any team.

2. You sound like you know what you're talking about enough that you should know kickers & D's are big crapshoots with only a few exceptions?

2. Mileage may vary in relation to player preference. I like Tjones a lot more than White, and I don't like 81% of Marshall (13/16) better than Roy Williams.

In your case I'd personally find an Andre Johnson + McNabb 3rd/4th round combo more appealing than Roethlisburger + Marshall. If you happen to feel like there's a significant dropoff from Ben to the next few QB's, that's sound enough reasoning for me even if I don't happen to agree - I know you're not alone in thinking that.

In your case I'd personally find an Andre Johnson + McNabb 3rd/4th round combo more appealing than Roethlisburger + Marshall. If you happen to feel like there's a significant dropoff from Ben to the next few QB's, that's sound enough reasoning for me even if I don't happen to agree - I know you're not alone in thinking that.

Fair enough. I should add though that Andre Johnson was gone before my second pick (remember, this is a 12 man PPR league). And I also saw a report out of Denver that Marshall's suspension could actually be reduced from 3 games to only 1. That is very tempting.

I don't mind the Marshall pick at the end of round 4, but Rothleslkfhslkdjfs with the 25th pick was way too early. You could have grabbed a solid RB/WR there and still got a good QB with the Dallas Clark pick (which was also too early since TE is so deep this year).

Nothing wrong with taking LenDale at the end of round six. He's still the starter (I think).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.