Another Rate My Draft Thread

The Jokeman

10 team PPR league with starting lineup as 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) and 1 K 1 DEF. To me this equates to a PPR with 12 teams based on the additional WR needed to start.

QB Derek Anderson

QB David Garrard

RB Frank Gore

RB Larry Johnson

RB Willis McGahee

RB Chester Taylor

RB Chris Perry

WR Chad Johnson

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Kevin Curtis

WR Ronald Curry

WR Justin Gage

WR Kevin Walter

WR Shaun McDonald

TE Tony Gonzalez

TE Dallas Clark

K Nick Folk

DEF Patriots

DEF Seahawks

DEF Cardinals

I know my WRs are a little shaky and my defenses share a bye week but overall thoughts?

EDIT: See final post.

Very pedestrian team imo. You mention your shaky WR's - they'd be fine if you had more studs elsewhere but you really don't. I'm not even as down on Gore & LJ as others are because I think the previous year's 1st round busts like that can present some good value, but it looks like you took them in the first couple rounds. Granted you have some good depth at RB, but that's usually not hard to do in a 10team leauge. Not sure who was available with your first couple picks but I would've strongly considered taking a top flight QB/WR.

Very pedestrian team imo. You mention your shaky WR's - they'd be fine if you had more studs elsewhere but you really don't. I'm not even as down on Gore & LJ as others are because I think the previous year's 1st round busts like that can present some good value, but it looks like you took them in the first couple rounds. Granted you have some good depth at RB, but that's usually not hard to do in a 10team leauge. Not sure who was available with your first couple picks but I would've strongly considered taking a top flight QB/WR.

It was my first year in this league and was picking at spot 7 zig zag. I just missed out on Joseph Addai so ended up taking Gore as Thomlinson, Westbrook, AP, Brady, Jackson were the first 5 picks. In Round 2 I took LJ. To me the Flex position might help me a lot by either plugging McGahee or Dallas Clark there. I admit I didn't hear about Kevin Curtis' injury until after the draft.

It was my first year in this league and was picking at spot 7 zig zag. I just missed out on Joseph Addai so ended up taking Gore as Thomlinson, Westbrook, AP, Brady, Jackson were the first 5 picks. In Round 2 I took LJ. To me the Flex position might help me a lot by either plugging McGahee or Dallas Clark there. I admit I didn't hear about Kevin Curtis' injury until after the draft.

Yah I hate taking Gore there because IMO the dropoff from Addai to him is greater than the one between him and the next 7-8 RB's.

Would much rather go with Moss or Manning there and reevaluate in the 2nd.

That #7 hole is a horrible spot in a 12+ team league, but in 10 or less you have some more flexibility as far as not reaching on RB's.

Yah I hate taking Gore there because IMO the dropoff from Addai to him is greater than the one between him and the next 7-8 RB's.

Would much rather go with Moss or Manning there and reevaluate in the 2nd.

That #7 hole is a horrible spot in a 12+ team league, but in 10 or less you have some more flexibility as far as not reaching on RB's.

The question on Moss is reproducing those TDs if he doesn't like most predict then he'd be a major reach at #7. Peyton was a consideration but TD passes are only 4 points in this league not 6.

The question on Moss is reproducing those TDs if he doesn't like most predict then he'd be a major reach at #7. Peyton was a consideration but TD passes are only 4 points in this league not 6.

I don't think there's any question Moss's #'s will decline, but the point remains he is still more likely to outperform his WR counterparts than Gore is of the other RB's that were available, at least imo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.