AUSTEX Fantasy League

Chilly

Hi All,

This is a league that me, my gf, and buftex are all in. Which do you guys think is the best out of the three? And, if you have comments on each, we'd like to hear em. This is a standard scoring league, no PPR:

Me:

-----

Garrard

Bulger

Campbell

Portis

J. Lewis

Selvin Young

Ronnie Brown

Randy Moss

Torry Holt

Steve Smith

Reggie Brown

Kevin Walter

Zach Miller

LJ Smith

Josh Scobee

Buffalo

New Orleans

My gf (the Antidentites)

-------

Drew Brees

Jon Kitna

Steven Jackson

Brandon Jacobs

Jonathan Stewart

Jerious Norwood

Leon Washington

Calvin Johnson

Santonio Holmes

Jerricho Cotchery

Roddy White

Derrick Mason

Owen Daniels

Kevin Boss

Adam Vinatieri

NY Giants

Baltimore

buftex

--------

Carson Palmer

Trent Edwards

Mashawn Lynch

Michael Turner

Thomas Jones

Chris Johnson

Ray Rice

Fred Jackson

Reggie Wayne

Greg Jennings

Donte Stallworth

Steve Smith, NYG

Kevin Curtis

Ben Watson

Ben Utecht

Ryan Longwell

Jacksonville

You: Solid QB platoon. Nice RB depth. Best WR's obviously - Holt is one of my favorite value-picks this year. Hard to believe your TE's can suck that bad as deep as the position is this year.

GF: QB's are nice. I like SJax more than others, lousy RB depth though. WR's are a mixed bag w/ no studs & good depth. I like Megatron & Holmes a lot but I'm not sure where she took them. I think it's a joke that Roddy White is going ahead of Evans in every non-homer draft but he's a nice #4 WR. I didn't realize Tim Wottley was a Jets fan.

Bufftex: TJones is another one of my favorite value-picks this year; he's going to score more and be a top 15 RB. I also like Turner enough that I could see sitting Lynch if he has a terrible matchup. For some reason he forgot to remember how much of a fluke TD stats can be when he reached on Jennings though. Wayne is the only WR on the planet with zero question marks, but he has no depth there.

I have a man-crush on both Brees & Palmer and if I don't get either one, I'm never taking a guy like Garrard because I think they'll be QB's just as good 5 rounds later.

Nonetheless I guess I like your team by a hair but she has more upside than you. Bufftex could've had the best team if he didn't botch his WR picks. I'm surprised he didn't take Josh Reed & Roscoe Parrish.

I think this is a 12 team league in which case the rosters are pretty good, but there are some undraftable guys in there too.

You: Solid QB platoon. Nice RB depth. Best WR's obviously - Holt is one of my favorite value-picks this year. Hard to believe your TE's can suck that bad as deep as the position is this year.

Thanks for the long post and comments. This league is a bit of a strange one, as there are some people who aren't fantasy gurus at all, and that can change the normal draft patterns tremendously.

I ended up with the 10th pick overall, and really was targeting someone like Scheffler, Davis, or Daniels in round 9, but all three went before I picked, so I ended up not getting a TE till round 11. I'm going to try to do TE by committee this year, as LJ Smith and Zach Miller both have pretty easy schedules, and their SOS compliments each othe well. Either that, or I'm hoping LJ can return to his pre-injury form.

To give you an idea though, Witten went in round 3, Gates, Winslow(I had a shot at Winslow, but took Holt over him), Gonzalez, Cooley in round 4, Dallas Clark 5.01. TEs were going early and I got better value by waiting, but got a bit burned by it when the TEs went in round 9.

GF: QB's are nice. I like SJax more than others, lousy RB depth though. WR's are a mixed bag w/ no studs & good depth. I like Megatron & Holmes a lot but I'm not sure where she took them. I think it's a joke that Roddy White is going ahead of Evans in every non-homer draft but he's a nice #4 WR. I didn't realize Tim Wottley was a Jets fan.

Bufftex: TJones is another one of my favorite value-picks this year; he's going to score more and be a top 15 RB. I also like Turner enough that I could see sitting Lynch if he has a terrible matchup. For some reason he forgot to remember how much of a fluke TD stats can be when he reached on Jennings though. Wayne is the only WR on the planet with zero question marks, but he has no depth there.

I have a man-crush on both Brees & Palmer and if I don't get either one, I'm never taking a guy like Garrard because I think they'll be QB's just as good 5 rounds later.

Nonetheless I guess I like your team by a hair but she has more upside than you. Bufftex could've had the best team if he didn't botch his WR picks. I'm surprised he didn't take Josh Reed & Roscoe Parrish.

I think this is a 12 team league in which case the rosters are pretty good, but there are some undraftable guys in there too.

Thanks for the input...I am not crazy about my team, but, I am actually pretty pleased with my WR's. I think Jennings and Curtis have pretty good upside...trick is, knowing which one to play which week. Having Wayne (I picked him in the third round) is big for me. I almost never draft WR's that low, and it has hurt me some years. But, I just feel like a WR is the most inconsistant varible of all of the key fantasy positions (QB, RB, WR). There were a few times I was thrilled to get Marvin Harrison, in his prime, only to have him go consecutive weeks giving me very little. A QB, and a RB, I think, are much more important. You can't win without quality there...but WR's, you can sometimes hit lightening in a bottle.

Not sure what you meant by the Parrish and Reed comments? Do I have too many Bills? RB's went quick in our draft. I wanted one of six guys, and they were all gone, except for Marion Barber and Marshawn Lynch, when I picked at #8. I went with Lynch...part the homer in me, I suppose, but I think I could justify the pick. I picked Trent Edwards with my 15th of 17 picks, as my bye week QB, and Fred Jackson at #17, just in case Marshawn misses any time. I was very tempted to take Lee Evans, but didn't...Lynch is the only Bill I will be depending on.

QB - Girlfriend / BlueFire / buftex

RB - GF / buftex / BlueFire

WR - BlueFire / buftex / GF

TE - GF / buftex / BlueFire

K - GF / BlueFire / buftex

D - buftex / GF / BlueFire

Overall: 1.Girlfriend 2.BlueFire 3.buftex

Suck up! :lol:

You can only play one QB per week in our league, along with 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE and a DEF/ST. Are David Garrard, Jason Campbell, or Marc Bulger better than Carson Palmer? John Kitna? Drew Brees, maybe...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.