Would peters be happy if we resigned him as a fullback?

Hossage

Peters was a former tight end. Imagine him as a max protect fullback in passing or as part of the jumbo package on goal line or third and one. Or put him in the h back position and have him bury a DT in a tackle trap play. Any linebacker will tell you the nastiest hits they get are from the fullback. He would be intimidating. Remember, peters ran a 4.8 40 a few years ago.

I realize no coach would ever do this, im just saying...

seeing as how his complaint with the team is not that he wants to play a different position, and that he wants more money to be paid as one of the top LT's in the game, I doubt he would come running back to re-negotiate a contract as a FB, a position that would pay him roughly what he is making right now

seeing as how his complaint with the team is not that he wants to play a different position, and that he wants more money to be paid as one of the top LT's in the game, I doubt he would come running back to re-negotiate a contract as a FB, a position that would pay him roughly what he is making right now

i think thats his other point. but what do i know.

Peters was a former tight end. Imagine him as a max protect fullback in passing or as part of the jumbo package on goal line or third and one. Or put him in the h back position and have him bury a DT in a tackle trap play. Any linebacker will tell you the nastiest hits they get are from the fullback. He would be intimidating. Remember, peters ran a 4.8 40 a few years ago.

Worst post I've ever seen - he's a Pro Bowler at the 2nd most important position, and this is discussing re-signing him as a position that's getting phased out of the NFL. I feel dumb for reading, even dumber for replying.

Go Bills.

FAIL

Peters is going about this all wrong- He should have gone the Schobel route- you know " well this contract thing is weighing on my mind and it's effecting my play" in fact if I was Peter's agent I'd have him come in wearing white-face and a Marv Albert wig and play at half speed - when the media would ask him about it I'd have him say " my agent thought my best shot at getting paid was to convince the Bills I'm a mediocre white player" .

Yeah, no. The hardest hits sustained by a FB can be accredited to the fact that most FB's are 250 lbs of muscle squeezed into a 50" frame (hyperbole alert). When a guy with that kind of density and whose center of balance is somewhere around his ankles puts a lick on you it's a localized, often times "low" blow.

None of the aforementioned appiles to the 6'4'' Peters.