want a better pash rush? dont look to the draft next year

free agent to be julius pepper.....with peppers schobel and stroud on the line it would but an instant shot in the arm for a pash rush and would make our back 7 that much better.....other than our own free agents(Freddie jackson,greer,crowell,evans) this is the one i think the bills should really go for and focus on tightend and linebacker in the draft.......any thoughts??

yeah ....that is if we dont resign crowell....if we do then i think we focus on tightend and safety in the first few rounds while adding some depth to our oline.....but step 1 is to resign our own players that i mentioned....greer....jackson...crowell....evans looks like hell be extended any day now.....

if hes fully healthy and up to full speed, I don't see any reason why not to like Peppers on the team...a rotation of Schobel, Kelsay, Ellis and Peppers would be nice....Ive never really cared much for Denney, some do, but I don't.....not saying Denney sucks, just saying we could do better....but reality is Peppers isn't going nowhere and if he did It wouldn't be to Buffalo...I think Bills draft DE next season....DE, S(depth), QB(depth), LB(if Crowel leaves), OL(depth), rest I'm not sure yet...

May as well get this done and over with in this new thread.

I fully expect Dick Jauron to draft either a CB or S in round 1 next year, and probably 3 more throughout the rest of the draft all while neglecting the OL.

[/bill in nyc]

free agent to be julius pepper.....with peppers schobel and stroud on the line it would but an instant shot in the arm for a pash rush and would make our back 7 that much better.....other than our own free agents(Freddie jackson,greer,crowell,evans) this is the one i think the bills should really go for and focus on tightend and linebacker in the draft.......any thoughts??

If Julius Peppers comes back this season and plays anywhere close to the level he did his first couple of years in the league, I can't imagine the Panthers will let him hit the free-agent market. They'll either sign him to an extension, or the very least, slap the franchise tag on him.

If Julius Peppers comes back this season and plays anywhere close to the level he did his first couple of years in the league, I can't imagine the Panthers will let him hit the free-agent market. They'll either sign him to an extension, or the very least, slap the franchise tag on him.

not so fast:

Another reality for the Panthers is that they don’t, as a practical matter, have the ability to use the franchise tag on Peppers in 2009. Amid reports that his cap number is $14 million in 2008, his one-year salary as the franchise player would be 120 percent of that amount, pushing his cap charge next year to nearly $17 million.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/26/...contract-talks/

i think we take travis beckum tight end out of wisconsin in the first round.....unless fine and royal have an outstanding year....i dont see a big hole in our roster other than tight end...

you're not the only one:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

in reality, it's a very good fit (if the bills can retain crowell or find an adequate replacement for him) in that the bills have been desperate for a gamebreaking TE for quite some time

a starting C will also be a need, as fowler is a free agent and an upgrade should be sought........the possibilities in FA don't appear great (matt birk and seth mckinney only names that stick out to me) so an early pick there would not be surprising........of course with the C position a 2nd or 3rd can often step right in and do the job

beyond that, the only real "holes" in the lineup are more depth positions - OL, DE, CB (if greer leaves), and WR

the bills should be in a very good position come next draft and the goal of the next off-season should be to retain their own and extend (although with the new NFL, it's debatable how valuable extending contracts is!)

Peppers would be great, but I'm not sure the Bills would do it with all the money tied up in Kelsay. It would essentially relegate a highly paid player to the bench.

I would trade Schobel and Kelsey at the draft and make a big move in Free Agency. I know I'll get hammered for this but I just don't think these guys are good enough. When you compare them to the best being the Giants line, they look like arena league players.