DirectTV - Adelphia Cable Question

stevestojan

I am moving, and I am not yet sure if i can DirecTV over to my new place.

My question is, since i bought the DirecTivo box, can i use that with Digital cable, just for the recording functions?

If i could that would be great, as I would rahter use Adelphia than DSL for high speed internet, because with DSL, i need to have a phone line, and i dont need one, ... at all.

Anyway, question is, can i use the DirecTivo box with Adelphia?

Thanks

Steve, You can't use the DTV Tivo with Adelphia, I've already tried it. Adelphia offers a Tivo type unit but it's not compatible with DTV. One thing I've checked on is supposedly next season DTV will require us Season Ticket holders to buy one of their packages. Hopefully a Lawsuit will settle them from forcing those of us who only subscribe to the NFL Package to paying for a whole DTV Package.

BTW, I'm up in Stuart and just got cable back from the storms on Mon.

Steve,  You can't use the DTV Tivo with Adelphia, I've already tried it.  Adelphia offers a Tivo type unit but it's not compatible with DTV. One thing I've checked on is supposedly next season DTV will require us Season Ticket holders to buy one of their packages. Hopefully a Lawsuit will settle them from forcing those of us who only subscribe to the NFL Package to paying for a whole DTV Package.

78028[/snapback]

Thanks for the info... I know that by moving, I wont really miss DirecTV as much as I would miss Tivo.

I use the 8-second rewind button so much, that when im at a friennds house who just has cable, I reach for it...

that's really my favorite feature of TiVo.

Steve,  You can't use the DTV Tivo with Adelphia, I've already tried it.  Adelphia offers a Tivo type unit but it's not compatible with DTV. One thing I've checked on is supposedly next season DTV will require us Season Ticket holders to buy one of their packages. Hopefully a Lawsuit will settle them from forcing those of us who only subscribe to the NFL Package to paying for a whole DTV Package.

78028[/snapback]

I am in S.W. Fla not far from Punta Gorda which took the major hit from Charley. Never lost my DTV signal through all 3 hurricanes.

Steve, I have an Adelphia HD/DVR box. It works great, still have yet to try it in HD. I bought a Combo Tivo/DVD player at Best Buy right before Frances but haven't had time to hook it up. Actually did try once but the phones were to bad up here to handle it. I'm going to try and use it with the DTV for the Bills games.

From what everyone on here says Tivo is pretty cool.

It sucked last weekend, I had DTV and no cable, but the game was blocked out and only on cable. Since I didn't have it I had to go to my brother in laws 2 blocks away to watch the game.

Again, this thread should be on the CONSUMER DIGEST FORUM.... This will prevent the same threads from popping up over and over again...

Anyway, as has been stated - no, you can't. The box doesn't have an MPEG-2 encoder, it only saves the digital stream that the sattelites send it.

Fires: The game wasn't blacked out on DirecTV; it was just being broadcast on the local channel, so you couldn't watch it on the 700's. If you flipped to the local channel that was showing the game, you would've been fine... Don't blame DTV on this one - it was the local networks who were complaining that they weren't getting as many people watching their games. It sucks :blush:

CW