Pacing of the Bills offense

Simon

Just wondering if anybody has noticed a marked increase to the pace at which the Bills run their offense. I was thrilled that it was one of the very first things Schonert mentioned after his hiring, particularly since it had been one of my most irritating pet peeves about Fairchild back from Day 1.

I've been away and haven't seen a single snap of preseason so I'm wondering what it looks like. Are they getting in and out of the huddle quickly, getting to the line with plenty of time on the play clock, forcing defenses to scramble as drives progress, or even mixing in a little no-huddle maybe?

Just wondering if anybody has noticed a marked increase to the pace at which the Bills run their offense. I was thrilled that it was one of the very first things Schonert mentioned after his hiring, particularly since it had been one of my most irritating pet peeves about Fairchild back from Day 1.

I've been away and haven't seen a single snap of preseason so I'm wondering what it looks like. Are they getting in and out of the huddle quickly, getting to the line with plenty of time on the play clock, forcing defenses to scramble as drives progress, or even mixing in a little no-huddle maybe?

http://xssports.rack111.com/billsvssteelers/

Check it out for yourself! :unsure:

Props to whomever found this awesome resource!

The pace has improved markedly, and is a significant part of why the team played better against the Steelers. They not only moved with a faster pace, but they seemed to throw the steelers off at times by changing things up. SF was afraid to change anything and his conservative game plans killed us. Schonert looks to have a faster offense and one that is much less predictable. It's only one game, but there was certainly improvement.

The pace has improved markedly, and is a significant part of why the team played better against the Steelers. .... Schonert looks to have a faster offense ...there was certainly improvement.

Thanks mac.

It may not seem like much on the surface but it is guaranteed to pay dividends this year. Maybe the best news I've heard so far this preseason.

!.) A lot more pre-snap motion, including tight ends stepping back off the LOS at the last moment to give the final WR in motion the spot on the end.

2.) Shotgun on downs other than 3rd -including 1st & goal

3.) I-formation 'run looks' that become play action

4.) long counts at the LOS, forcing DL in their 3-pt stance for extended time

Very promising!

The pace has improved markedly, and is a significant part of why the team played better against the Steelers. They not only moved with a faster pace, but they seemed to throw the steelers off at times by changing things up. SF was afraid to change anything and his conservative game plans killed us. Schonert looks to have a faster offense and one that is much less predictable. It's only one game, but there was certainly improvement.

Listen up u Primitive Screwhead-it's only preseason!!!!!! :devil:

I liked the almost I formations and then the play action. I would hope they will sweep off that when and if Jason gets back in the fold. I also liked the slash backs that Oman and Wright ran. 2 plays for 10+ yards <_< on those.

Nice pacing in that game overall. Hope is that they keep it up.