Pats* Fans Panties in a Bit of a Twist

MattM

Aren't Pats* the team that can plug in a nobody in place of a somebody and not miss a beat ?

USED TO BE. Only used to be. 3-4 years ago, sure, that was true. The problem is: everybody got old on D and O line, at the same time. Now, the exact opposite is true: any nobody the Pats* plug in is an upgrade and they will start because they add a spark better than the washed up somebodies we all know, and not miss a beat. They have sprinkled a very few young players into the mix and rely on them to make the athletic plays they need. Look, I'm not saying that they weren't good, when they were, I am saying that there's no way they are as good as they USED TO BE.

Supporting facts from Pats* vs Tampa:

1. Pats* first team defense gashed by Tampa f'ing Bay and Brian Griese? Looking like Peyton Manning? 3rd string Brian Griese 8-8 on the opening drive? 17-3 at halftime. This is Tamp Bay, the NFC 9-7 team last year.

2. Mayo leads Pats* d in tackles with 5 = so there's sprinkle-boy

3. Pat* starting d gives up 42 yards on 7 carries = 6 ypc on the first drive??? When I say gashed, that's what I mean.

4. 170 total rushing yards. Against a SB* team?

I have been saying this is a team on the decline since two years ago, especially on D, and I was right. The fact that they went almost perfect last year ignores the # of games that they barely won, instead people seem to focus on the blowouts only. It also ignores the fact that the Chargers had their top 3 O guys hurt in the playoffs and couldn't recover from that, and it ignores the fact that, once again, Brady threw 3 picks in a championship game. Their experience is the only thing they have going for them now, because their bodies aren't there anymore.

Again, why was last year the first, and only, year that they made a big effort in FA? Answer: because they knew they had one last shot at the SB. It was a great shot to be sure, but it's over to be sure as well. It was a good run, but it's done. Anybody taking bets on whether this is BB's last year, he "retires" for a few years in the media, and then finds a new team?(49ers or Atlanta? or Jets, again?)

Brady makes BB, not the other way around. If Brady is unable to play, the pats* would be lucky to be an average team. You can have all the great receivers and TEs you want, but if Cassell is the one under center, they will hardly be able to touch the ball.

Sure, NOW, but no way before. This statement ignores the passage of time. When they won their first SB*, or their second* for that matter, there's no way that's true. Hell, Beldsoe won their toughest playoff game in their first SB* year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic