Direct TV Question Help

vegas55

:devil: I have the Direct TV/NFL ticket but will be out of town this Sunday. I want to set my VCR on Friday, to record the game on Sunday. I know the game is on channel 711; but that channel is not currently displayed on Direct TV, so i have no way to preset. It lists channel 720, then 721. I assume the NFKL ticket channels, betwenn 701 - 720 are not activated until Sunday. Any suggestions????????

:devil: I have the Direct TV/NFL ticket but will be out of town this Sunday. I want to set my VCR on Friday, to record the game on Sunday. I know the game is on channel 711; but that channel is not currently displayed on Direct TV, so i have no way to preset. It lists channel 720, then 721. I assume the NFKL ticket channels, betwenn 701 - 720 are not activated until Sunday. Any suggestions????????

77323[/snapback]

Buy a directv tivo quickly!!!!!

Seriously, I think Directv will give you the thing if you call them and say you are thinking of moving to cable as they have a cheap DVR for $5.00 a month. I have just done this to upgrade from the TIVO to the HD TIVO and they gave me close to $400.00 in credits. Granted the box was $1000, but they will do what they can to keep paying subscibers.

PM me if you want more info.

BTW, if I remember correctly(it has been at least five years) you can do a manual recording from the VCR menu on your reciever. Just pull up the record to VCR menu and manually enter in the channell and time. But like I said, that could all be wrong

Buy a directv tivo quickly!!!!!

Seriously, I think Directv will give you the thing if you call them and say you are thinking of moving to cable as they have a cheap DVR for $5.00 a month. I have just done this to upgrade from the TIVO to the HD TIVO and they gave me close to $400.00 in credits. Granted the box was $1000, but they will do what they can to keep paying subscibers.

PM me if you want more info.

BTW, if I remember correctly(it has been at least five years) you can do a manual recording from the VCR menu on your reciever. Just pull up the record to VCR menu and manually enter in the channell and time. But like I said, that could all be wrong

77343[/snapback]

Also, if i remeber correctly the games should be in the guide 48 hrs before game, so friday at 1.00pm

The channels should be there now actually....

I'll second the "Buy a DirecTiVo." Even if you have to buy it yourself, you go down to Circuit City or Best Buy, pay $100, bring it home, plug it in, activate it and you're done. Then you can record whatever you want easily.

CW

Try setting-up your timer on the DirecTV receiver to record that channel number (720) on Sunday starting at game time and ending an hour after it would normally end. If the receiver takes the timer program, you should be fine and when DirecTV turns on that channel, your receiver should pick it up.

Not too sure if this will work with your reveiver. I've had several over the years and it works with some but not with others.

They apparently turn these channels off and on for certain events and I assume it's to save bandwidth.

Good luck!

The channels should be there now actually....

I'll second the "Buy a DirecTiVo."  Even if you have to buy it yourself, you go down to Circuit City or Best Buy, pay $100, bring it home, plug it in, activate it and you're done.  Then you can record whatever you want easily.

CW

77349[/snapback]

Try setting-up your timer on the DirecTV receiver to record that channel number (720) on Sunday starting at game time and ending an hour after it would normally end. If the receiver takes the timer program, you should be fine and when DirecTV turns on that channel, your receiver should pick it up.

77410[/snapback]

I second this solution. Set up a manual program to tune into the proper channel at 1pm EST. It should work regardless of if the program tile is there today.

Also TIVO (or the more generic digital video recorder) is the *only* way to go. I had to run out of the house on Sunday and got back at 2:15. I started to watch the game, forwarded through all the commericals and half time, and caught back up with the live game by the start of the 4th. I even paused it a few times to check out the NASCAR race which I was TIVOing at the same time.