Our TEs' performance in yesterdays game

Sorry if this is a repost, as I'm sure that this topic is discussed in one of the game day threads. However, I thought that the issue deserved it's own thread.

I was just really impressed by how well our tight ends played last night. Courtney Anderson seemed to play especially well, and it looks as though he might be able to be a good, big, physical target for us over the course of the season. I thought he was an underrated pickup when we acquired him because he's had a couple of good seasons in the past. I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about how the tight ends played?

P.S. I think it's mandatory for all threads to mention Favre, Peters, Losman, Edwards, and how we will suck next year, so feel free to mention these topics as well. :thumbsup:

Sorry if this is a repost, as I'm sure that this topic is discussed in one of the game day threads. However, I thought that the issue deserved it's own thread.

I was just really impressed by how well our tight ends played last night. Courtney Anderson seemed to play especially well, and it looks as though he might be able to be a good, big, physical target for us over the course of the season. I thought he was an underrated pickup when we acquired him because he's had a couple of good seasons in the past. I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about how the tight ends played?

P.S. I think it's mandatory for all threads to mention Favre, Peters, Losman, Edwards, and how we will suck next year, so feel free to mention these topics as well. :thumbsup:

I saw one Anderson catch yesterday. I'm not big on him but my buddy is.

The tight ends had three receptions, Anderson and Fine. I don't recall seeing Schouman-I thought he was going to take someplaying time away from these two....

The throws were more downfield than last years TE receptions. Last year it seemed as though Gaines receptions were mostly outlets whiles he was still behind the line of scrimmage.

Also, running backs had 6 receptions--Are we finally throwing to the RB's instead of just saying it?

Remember a few years ago when Anderson was a legit #1 TE for the Raiders? I think those days are long gone.

He looked to me to be sort of heavy, slow, and out-of-shape.

I couldn't disagree more. Anderson had that nice grab over the middle, but that was more of a great throw than anything else. Whoever the QB was, either Hamden or Baker, dropped it over the MLB and right between the safeties. Other than that, Schouman had at least 2 drops, Royal was non-existent, Fine had a drop as well. I am pulling for Schouman, but have to say I was disappointed in the drops last night.

How many times do I have to say that yesterday's game was only our first preseason game!!!!!! I can't billieve how many people are panicking about our season already. I bet if we win our next game this board will all be saying that we are heading strait to the playoffs. Jeeezzzzzz. :thumbsup:

How many times do I have to say that yesterday's game was only our first preseason game!!!!!! I can't billieve how many people are panicking about our season already. I bet if we win our next game this board will all be saying that we are heading strait to the playoffs. Jeeezzzzzz. :thumbsup:

Drops are never in season bud.

And you must've missed the past few preseasons as a matter of fact. I can tell you the last 3 years we settled for alot of FG's in the red zone and lo and behold it carried into the regular season. This was a major reason we couldn't score many points haven't been to the playoffs. On top of that, the run D was positively atrocious. One other thing, stupid penalties should NEVER occur at home games (i.e., false starts, encroachment/off sides, delays of game, personal fouls, illegal motions, etc).

If those problems aren't corrected very soon, don't expect a winning year.