Anyone getting the game in HD?

DieHardFan

Bills Front Office / TWC / WTVH . It's like a Charlie Chan film. All the usual suspects; who dropped the ball?

I don't know where you are DHF, but my OTA HD (Ch. 7) here in WNY went out totally early in the 2nd Q. Fortunately I can still tune VHF. My question is: Is this what I can expect 24/7 come next February? Strong signal one minute, and nada the next?

I don't know where you are DHF, but my OTA HD (Ch. 7) here in WNY went out totally early in the 2nd Q. Fortunately I can still tune VHF. My question is: Is this what I can expect 24/7 come next February? Strong signal one minute, and nada the next?
Sorry, watching on TWC in Utica. Didn't lose it, just no HD at all from the start.

Hope you've got your HD feed back. Hopefully it's just growing pains for the initial HD broadcast of the Bills Television Network.

Thanks Tomcat. You OTA or TWC?

Sorry, watching on TWC in Utica. Didn't lose it, just no HD at all from the start.

Hope you've got your HD feed back. Hopefully it's just growing pains for the initial HD broadcast of the Bills Television Network.

Thanks Tomcat. You OTA or TWC?

TWC...sorry I didn't respond earlier...

Thanks for the kind thought! HD finally came back in the 4th quarter. I just don't get it though, it's not just channel 7, I'll be watching OTA HD and the signal meter on the TV will just drop to nothing and no go for a couple of hours, no matter what I do with the rotary antenna. The next day everything will be back, with a strong signal, like there was never a problem.

When Channel 7 went down last night, the only digital signal I could get was Ch. 23.

Today I'm getting

2-1

2-2

4-1

7-1

17-1

17-2

17-3

23-1

29-1

49-1

With NO changes done by me.

Tonight it will be different again.

HD or not, at least you got it from a Bills Network prospective. We on the west coast got the Redskins feed. I want to punk just thinking about it again. Nothing but stupid Thiesman comments or adoration, constant interviews when the Bills had the ball and you couldn't even tell who the Skins were playing with so little said about them.

The game was bad and made worse by the feed. Ugh!!!!

HD or not, at least you got it from a Bills Network prospective. We on the west coast got the Redskins feed. I want to punk just thinking about it again. Nothing but stupid Thiesman comments or adoration, constant interviews when the Bills had the ball and you couldn't even tell who the Skins were playing with so little said about them.

The game was bad and made worse by the feed. Ugh!!!!

The Bills feed wasn't much better. Entire plays were missed by the camera, and Ch 7's score banner was one third of the way down the screen and blocked the top of the field.

Whoever was sitting next to Tasker knew few of the player's names, thought Fast Freddie was still on the team, and generally sucked out loud. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind thought! HD finally came back in the 4th quarter. I just don't get it though, it's not just channel 7, I'll be watching OTA HD and the signal meter on the TV will just drop to nothing and no go for a couple of hours, no matter what I do with the rotary antenna. The next day everything will be back, with a strong signal, like there was never a problem.

When Channel 7 went down last night, the only digital signal I could get was Ch. 23.

Today I'm getting

2-1

2-2

4-1

7-1

17-1

17-2

17-3

23-1

29-1

49-1

With NO changes done by me.

Tonight it will be different again.

Yeah, that kind of is what OTA signals are like for the digital transition right now. Digital is a finicky B word --- you either get a signal (might be pixelated/jumpy if it's ~50-55% (also, while you might get snow and not lose audio with analog, in digital audio is the first thing to go)) or you get nothing. It eases my mind a bit that even in the flatlandish WNY you're having similar problems as I am in the hills and valleys here.

Put up two new deep fringe design antennas on my roof this spring to go with the converter box, and it's just perplexing at times what comes in and what doesn't. I might get Boston (~55 miles away) in at 4 p.m. in the middle of a thunderstorm, and won't get Providence (~35 miles). Sometimes I don't get Boston, but I do get Hartford (~30 miles) off of the back of the antenna. In the early mornings, I sometimes get a very strong signal on two strong-output channels out of Boston, but the rest of the day, it just does a wave back and forth from 0%-30%-80%, never locking in. Strong signal? Wait a few minutes --- it will change. To be sure, you get a great picture with digital... when it works. Most stations aren't done tinkering with their signals, tho. The technology for digital teevee has been around for 25 years now and we're just now doing a transition and we're still tinkering around with "tin can" tuners rather than good silicon ones that've been around for 10 years now, b/c companies want to get rid of their old stock before giving us something that works well.

Yeah, that kind of is what OTA signals are like for the digital transition right now. Digital is a finicky B word --- you either get a signal (might be pixelated/jumpy if it's ~50-55% (also, while you might get snow and not lose audio with analog, in digital audio is the first thing to go)) or you get nothing. It eases my mind a bit that even in the flatlandish WNY you're having similar problems as I am in the hills and valleys here.

Thanks for the confirmation, UCJ! At least I know it's not just me. :D