a great pic

ch19079

brady is overrated?

on what grounds? Go ahead - enthrall me with your acumen.

76282[/snapback]

If Brady's overrated, then I wish just wish we could have such an overrated player.

You know, one with two super bowel wins!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brady is overrated?

on what grounds? Go ahead - enthrall me with your acumen.

76282[/snapback]

Exactly...This is what it has come to (I guess) for some Bills Fans. It's been so long since The Bills have had a quality QB, recognizing one is nearly impossible....

Dispite the Super Bowl Rings, Comeback wins, etc... B)

I don't know.  The Patsy's 2002 season?

76440[/snapback]

The 2002 season in which the Patriots, despite being crippled by an awful defense, posted a winning record and lost the dividion on one of the last tie breakers? The 2002 season in which Brady led the NFL in TD passes despite having next to no talent around him on offense?

The 2002 season in which the Patriots, despite being crippled by an awful defense, posted a winning record and lost the dividion on one of the last tie breakers?  The 2002 season in which Brady led the NFL in TD passes despite having next to no talent around him on offense?

76824[/snapback]

What? They still had their core on offense with Brown, Patten, and Antowain, and they added Branch and Fauria who were both upgrades. They blew it with Hayes, who interestingly enough Brady couldn't make a better player ( :lol: ). Yet the Pats lost out to the Jets on a tie-breaker to miss the playoffs. BFD if they posted a winning record, they missed the playoffs. And the reason? Yup, the defense, NOT the offense.

That coaching staff went 5-13 in '00-'01 with Brady riding the pine.

76833[/snapback]

Oh yes that's right. The Pats had the EXACT SAME TEAM from 2000 to the beginning of 2001, and the Pats' defense didn't surrender 23 points to the might Bengals' offense in the season opener. Got it.

Oh and anyone who wants to equate calling someone "overrated" with "sucks" is building a straw man. You can be a good QB (and I've called Brady a good QB) and still be overrated. Like I said, I'll take a coaching staff who can take decent players and get more out of them than other teams would anyday of the week.

The above are my last words on this subject. We've gone over this argument ad infinitum and it ends up with me whipping out the Pittsburgh playoff game and the results of that. Suffice it to say Brady is a good QB in a great situation. How long he keeps it up will be interesting because teams don't stay together forever.

What?  They still had their core on offense with Brown...

Brown hurt his knee in week three and was affected by the injury all year.

...Antowain...

I probably don't need to tell you this, you being a Bills fan and all, but Antowain is horrid. '01 was an abberation (and not even that good an abberation).

and they added Branch and Fauria who were both upgrades.

Branch was a rookie who hit the wal before mid-week. Fauria was only slightly above-average.

...they missed the playoffs.  And the reason?  Yup, the defense, NOT the offense.

I'm not sure I understand you're point. The defense has been average to below average this year, and the team is 5-0. To use the '02 team as an example of why Brady is overrated is absurd. That year, he took an average team with little to to no talent at the offensive skill positions and got them as close as humanly possible to the playoffs. And oh yeah, he led the entire league in a major statistical category. Yep, he sure overrated! :lol:

Oh yes that's right.  The Pats had the EXACT SAME TEAM from 2000 to the beginning of 2001...

Yeah, you're right, the teams were very different. The '00 team had a bunch of scrap-heap FAs that no one wanted. The '01 team had a bunch of scrap-heap FAs that no one wanted. Now I see the difference. The '01 scrap-heap FAs that no one wanted were simply BETTER (even though they were 0-2 before Brady stepped in)!

Brady is not overrated. Do I believe he's one of the 3 best QBs ever? No. At least, not yet. He's off to a great start, but that's just what it is: a start. When he gets to the 10 year mark and beyond that, we'll start to talk about him and compare him to Montana, Marino, Kelly, Elway, Fouts, Unitas, etc. Well, maybe not Unitas. I still say he's the best QB to ever play the game.

Although I am not here to argue about Brady being or not being one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, I am here to say that I thoroughly enjoyed that picture, as well as watching the video replay of it on ESPN. There are few things in life as enjoyable as watching Brady get splattered so hard he coughs up the football and his helmet at the same time (not to mention the padding over his earhole as well).

76451[/snapback]

thats what its all about. and the reason i started this post. how we got on to a big conversation about brady is unknown to me.

I'm sorry, but I don't care how good you are in 3 years; you have to play more than 3 years to be considered one of the best IMHO. Based on that, I'd agree that he's overrated.

Come back and talk to me in another 3 years; if he's still doing well then (and I'm not even talking about winning a Superbowl or anything, just playing well to put him on pace to catch the ohter great QBs), then we'll talk. But you need to play more than 3 years to be considered one of the all-time greats IMHO.

CW

to all those who say hes not over rated.

Is he the second comming of montana?

no

thats what they are saying.

so if hes not that good, than hes over-rated. how hard is that to see.??

77092[/snapback]

Brady is indeed the 2nd coming of Montana! He's not there yet mind you (kinda hard to be there when you have only played 4 years in the league) but Brady is clearly on his way. And he has the stats to prove it.

And I'm not talking simply about Brady never having lost a playoff game or being a two time super bowl winner and twice being named super bowl MVP either. I'm talking about passing stats. You know, passing yardage, # of completions, # of TD's scored, completion %. Oh, and winning % of course. Brady has it all over Montana at similar stages of their respective careers.

I'm sorry, but I don't care how good you are in 3 years; you have to play more than 3 years to be considered one of the best IMHO.  Based on that, I'd agree that he's overrated.

77117[/snapback]

With all due respect, using time played is a silly way to gauge whether or not a player is overrated?

At what time in a players career is he suddenly ready to be considered worthy of being an excellent player? Is it 3 years, or 5 years or 7 years or 9 years or 11 years? For example, is Manning still overated because he's only played 6 years in the NFL? Of course he's not. He's been properly rated since pretty much day 1 in this league.

With the great players you can tell early that they are the real deal. We have all seen the great ones perform as great players early on in their careers and we knew damn well that, barring injury, they'd continue being great players.

Brady is clearly one such player. He's bound for greatness and is putting up the stats which clearly will have him as one of the all time greats this league has seen. In fact, he's already got a major leg up on most every QB that has ever played this game because of his super bowl heroics. And his passing stats after 4 years on the job take a back seat to very few QB's that have ever played this game.