Training camp today?

Just got back from the practice, when trent was in on the 7 on 7 he looked very sharp going through his progressions. He never took more then four seconds to deliver a ball and it was almost always for a completion.

When JP was in it was a whole different story. He was completely hesitant, took 7-10 seconds to get it out of his hands when people appeared to be open and he often had to check down to the RB(assuming the play wasn't already dead). He did hook up with hardy on a fade route in the red zone against Will James(good catch). And he did throw one deep ball up the sideline that ended up in the endzone, not too much of a surprise there.

After practice McKelvin stayed back and signed autographs for about 20-30 min, was the only one to do so. Mckelvin did get burnt on the field by 3rd team WR's.

Just got back from the practice, when trent was in on the 7 on 7 he looked very sharp going through his progressions. He never took more then four seconds to deliver a ball and it was almost always for a completion.

When JP was in it was a whole different story. He was completely hesitant, took 7-10 seconds to get it out of his hands when people appeared to be open and he often had to check down to the RB(assuming the play wasn't already dead). He did hook up with hardy on a fade route in the red zone against Will James(good catch). And he did throw one deep ball up the sideline that ended up in the endzone, not too much of a surprise there.

After practice McKelvin stayed back and signed autographs for about 20-30 min, was the only one to do so. Mckelvin did get burnt on the field by 3rd team WR's.

! Thanks for the updates! Glad that Edwards continues to show quick decision making. Still waiting to hear that he attempts a good bomb in camp though. Also nice to hear that JP was back after injuring his thumb. Not happy that McKelvin is getting burned so much but like someone posted earlier, he is a rookie and his head is spinning right now. He is probably thinking too much instead of reacting. I for one am not worried and I fully believe Greer will start the season and McKelvin will take his spot when the game starts to slow down for him.

Hmmm. Paul Hamilton was just on WGR and Mike Schopp asked "How does Trent Edwards look?"

His response: "Not Good".

I guess he tried to hit Hardy on a pass in the red-zone that was "woefully underthrown" and intercepted and taken the distance for a TD by Terrence McGee.

Hmmm. Paul Hamilton was just on WGR and Mike Schopp asked "How does Trent Edwards look?"

I guess he tried to hit Hardy on a pass in the red-zone that was "woefully underthrown" and intercepted and taken the distance for a TD by Terrence McGee.

I did see that, that was during the 11 on 11... He looked good in the 7 on 7 but in 11 on 11 the d-line was collapsing the pockets from the outsides, perhaps because langston is trying LT and Chambers is at RT.... So its hard to really judge that until peters is back. A true testiment to his value i suppose.

I did see that, that was during the 11 on 11... He looked good in the 7 on 7 but in 11 on 11 the d-line was collapsing the pockets from the outsides, perhaps because langston is trying LT and Chambers is at RT.... So its hard to really judge that until peters is back. A true testiment to his value i suppose.

Does Trent ever scramble and make plays on the run, or throw the ball away? Just curious...

There are people that still listen to WGR?

Quick Question for someone who may have insite: What is the purpose of the 7 vs 7 drill? The game is always played @ 11 vs 11. I've never understood this and I don't see what this can possible do to help a team on either side of the ball. Can someone shed some light for me?

Quick Question for someone who may have insite: What is the purpose of the 7 vs 7 drill? The game is always played @ 11 vs 11. I've never understood this and I don't see what this can possible do to help a team on either side of the ball. Can someone shed some light for me?

It's a drill to help timing on both sides of the ball. The lines disrupt timing, so this is a drill to help players get on the same page on routes and coverage.

you have nothing but questions John. All i can tell you is while the skill players were in 7 on 7 the linemen were banging helmets and pads on the opposite end of the field... I was just pleased to see edwards getting the ball out very quickly. He and Josh Reed were always hookin up for rec's.

you have nothing but questions John. All i can tell you is while the skill players were in 7 on 7 the linemen were banging helmets and pads on the opposite end of the field... I was just pleased to see edwards getting the ball out very quickly. He and Josh Reed were always hookin up for rec's.

Thank you for your insite. I do apologize for all of the questions, I'm just really excited for the start of the season I guess.

Paul Hamilton=RJ