Anybody know how much cap room we have?

There are now 3 players who want new contracts.....Crowell, Peters and Evans. The Bills have said they spend "cash to the cap," and after signing all the draft choices, and Kyle Williams, and others....what's left to take care of these players? Does anybody foresee any salary dumps in the near future?

Do any of you fans know what's left under the cap?

Peters and Steven Jackson are the only holdouts in the league right now, correct? They both have the same agent. That's a bad sign. (I know you all knew that, and I'm not sure why I posted it, other than to try and look more intelligent than I am. It didn't work, I already am smacking myself in the ear with the cradle of my telephone).

I didnt hear anything about Crowell.......

But all 3 guys are players this team cant afford to loose.

With this Toronto thing the Bills are doing the last thing they want is to put lame talent on the field. They want to get fans from that market, guess they will have to spend a little for the talent. I think eventually all 3 guys will be taken care of.

Crows gone. Very average NFL linebacker, that we as fans tend to always overrate our own guys. We signed mitch and drafted poz. Crow will not be here next year, unless he signs a very cap friendly contract (read under 1.5 million per).

Crows gone. Very average NFL linebacker, that we as fans tend to always overrate our own guys. We signed mitch and drafted poz. Crow will not be here next year, unless he signs a very cap friendly contract (read under 1.5 million per).

<1.5? are you drunk? He's 10x the player Kelsay is and they gave Kelsay the moon. They'll re-sign him for just under 3ish

<1.5? are you drunk? He's 10x the player Kelsay is and they gave Kelsay the moon. They'll re-sign him for just under 3ish

Different positions and different skill sets. Crow gets pushed around too much in the run game, and is a one dimensional LB (pass coverage). that's great if he's playing in nickle sets but we were forced to start him. The Bills obviously recognize his weaknesses and have addressed it by drafting Lb and signing Mitch. For a guy who is in the last year of his contract, you'd expect to hear some rumblings about them working on an extension, yet not a peep.

The Kelsay contract was horrible. That was the Levy era, and I don't think the 'hydra' GM will be throwing money

around like that. I hope not anyways.

$1.5 mm per year!? That's not enough for a backup linebacker on his second contract! I think Crow comes back at a little more than what Mitchell got. Other posters have said it: since the Bills; are no where near the cap and should be able to spend some money next year since all of this year's bonuses are off the books, they can afford to keep all the current pieces they want and add. The only way I see Crow not coming back is if they FO does not like him. There would be no other reason to not re-sign him.

Despite the fact that the team seems to have filled many holes in the past few off-seasons, they are not in a position where their draft picks are having trouble making the team, which would indicate a strong, vetern roster. If no one is lost after this season, the team will be in a position next year to take a luxury pick if the opportunity comes. Though a 1st round linebacker sounds good next year to replace Crow, I think it would be better spent on a DE, DT, TE, or OL. I would even be OK with taking a linebacker in next year's draft with Crow re-signed. Needless to say, I would really like to see a stacked defense for the next couple of years and I think the Bills are building in that direction.

:rolleyes::P
Different positions and different skill sets. Crow gets pushed around too much in the run game, and is a one dimensional LB (pass coverage). that's great if he's playing in nickle sets but we were forced to start him. The Bills obviously recognize his weaknesses and have addressed it by drafting Lb and signing Mitch. For a guy who is in the last year of his contract, you'd expect to hear some rumblings about them working on an extension, yet not a peep.

I agree and while I like Crow, I think people's "BillsGoggle's" are a on a little tight when talking about him.