I know I've used this title before but...Heretics! Burn Them&

Doesn't matter to me one bit whether man's contribution is overstated or not.

If global temperature rises a few degrees, the circulation patterns shift, and the world economy is devestated. It still remains that there are a ton of data points showing (geologically) fast changes occuring everywhere. If Central America and Mexico dry up and we are not to blame, it's not going to make 200 million refugees south of the border turn around and go home.

From the APS website:

APS Climate Change Statement

APS Position Remains Unchanged

The American Physical Society reaffirms the following position on climate change, adopted by its governing body, the APS Council, on November 18, 2007:

"Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate."

An article at odds with this statement recently appeared in an online newsletter of the APS Forum on Physics and Society, one of 39 units of APS. The header of this newsletter carries the statement that "Opinions expressed are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of the APS or of the Forum." This newsletter is not a journal of the APS and it is not peer reviewed.

The heads of the society, which haven't done an experiment themselves in ages said its MMGW. The rank and file of the organization are saying" You didn't ask me".

The heads of the society, which haven't done an experiment themselves in ages said its MMGW. The rank and file of the organization are saying" You didn't ask me".

And you base this on what?

You don't have to be a believer to realize that this posting is fishy - the link opens with

The American Physical Society, an organization representing nearly 50,000 physicists, has reversed its stance on climate change and is now proclaiming that many of its members disbelieve in human-induced global warming.

A claim which, it turns out, is flatly untrue according to the APS. The article cites two things: a technical paper, and an editorial inviting papers on the topic. If you glance at them, you'll see neither suggests that there is a groundswell of support among physicists one way or another.

So is your assessment about the rank and file's views so much hot air? Or did I miss something in the link?