did josh hamilton really hit 28 HRs in round 1 of HR Derby???

The Poojer

and the fact that he brought his old american legion coach to pitch to him was awesome, what a treat for that 71 year old who has probably given his life to youth baseball...a great story all around....

Hamilton, continuing his remarkable comeback with Texas, put on a staggering show with a record 28 in the first round, three that were estimated at more than 500 feet.

"I didn't care if I won it, because I couldn't beat that right there," Hamilton said.

Making Hamilton's story more heartwarming, he invited 71-year-old Clay Counsil to pitch for him, as he did to Hamilton and many other teens over the years in their native North Carolina.

"A thrill a mile wide … beyond words," said Counsil, who said he was last at Yankee Stadium for Don Larsen's 1956 World Series perfect game. "Something good happens every time I come."

Cool stuff!!!

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/ml/article699558.ece

In the middle of the "Monster Mash", my buddy sent the following text: "Roy Hobbs here"

I replied: "Ankiel is Hobbs. Behold Hamilton, he has become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds."

Still, the best part of the evening was Chase Utley's reaction to being booed. Check out this blog site.

The clip is also available here.

He only hit 5 bombs, but as a Phillies fan that endured the aftermath of Bobby Abreu's misery following his derby win I was happy to see him take a seat. No need to wreck your swing in a skills competition.

i cant get that blog to open and was not aware he got booed, what happened

In the middle of the "Monster Mash", my buddy sent the following text: "Roy Hobbs here"

I replied: "Ankiel is Hobbs. Behold Hamilton, he has become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds."

Still, the best part of the evening was Chase Utley's reaction to being booed. Check out this blog site.

The clip is also available here.

He only hit 5 bombs, but as a Phillies fan that endured the aftermath of Bobby Abreu's misery following his derby win I was happy to see him take a seat. No need to wreck your swing in a skills competition.

i cant get that blog to open and was not aware he got booed, what happened

I think quite a few people are hitting that site and making it difficult to reach. When he was announced by Berman, he was booed a bit, probably by some NY Mets fans. He sheepishly said, "Boo? F*ck you." It was said in a joking matter to Dan Uggla. Now they're selling this t-shirt.

hahahahaha...thats awesome

I think quite a few people are hitting that site and making it difficult to reach. When he was announced by Berman, he was booed a bit, probably by some NY Mets fans. He sheepishly said, "Boo? F*ck you." It was said in a joking matter to Dan Uggla. Now they're selling this t-shirt.