Bush up by eight points?!

Polls just aren't that good.

We're going to have over 100 million people vote in a couple weeks. I don't see how asking 1000 people (and these are just people who you could get to take the poll) over 2 or 3 days could be a solid indicator of what's happening.

The only reason the media takes these polls and reports them is because they want numbers, not accuracy. They like to report "BUSH LEADS BY 4 POINTS" so that their next poll when Bush is only leading by 2 points can say "BUSH LEAD CUT IN HALF". And with the relatively small sample size, there's no way of saying for sure if anything changed or if that lead even exists.

Would they oversample Republicans this week and then oversample Democrats next week to give the impression that voters are changing their minds from day to day? I don't think they're above it.

Anyone whose job revolves around statistics or analysis of variance just laughs these things off. The 'results' they present to us are what they get with a sample size WAY too small to determine anything.

Which Rich is this?  New avatar?

74075[/snapback]

I am the one and only original Rich in Ohio. Just look at the posts. Whoever hijacked my profile and avatar last week had over 5800 posts. All you have to do is look at who has that many on this board and you can narrow the field pretty quick.

That person is a thief, and a weak values person. I say they deserve the misery that they are obviously stuck in.

I am the one and only original Rich in Ohio. Just look at the posts. Whoever hijacked my profile and avatar last week had over 5800 posts. All you have to do is look at who has that many on this board and you can narrow the field pretty quick.

That person is a thief, and a weak values person. I say they deserve the misery that they are obviously stuck in.

74275[/snapback]

Yes, I am a thief, and a weak values person. But I get satellite TV for free. You're just jealous because you cam't compete with me intelectually.

Must be that endorsement by Putin (the same weenie who wouldn't join us in Iraq) that done it.

I certainly will change my vote based on what Pooty-Poot (Bush's nickname for him) says. I am certain that the Russians only want the best for America.

Must be that endorsement by Putin (the same weenie who wouldn't join us in Iraq) that done it.

I certainly will change my vote based on what Pooty-Poot (Bush's nickname for him) says.  I am certain that the Russians only want the best for America.

74386[/snapback]

So before it was why can't we get along better in a global community, Bush is pissing everyone off.

Now Putin backs Bush, in so many words, and it's screw Russia, who cares what they think.

You are a loser. Flip flopping on this too.

I certainly will change my vote based on what Pooty-Poot (Bush's nickname for him) says.  I am certain that the Russians only want the best for America.

74386[/snapback]

can hardly wait to hear you spin your nonsense when France and German hop on board....not that they will....but i would pay money to hear you puke all over yourself if they did.

74386[/snapback]

We really do need new smileys that show hitting oneself on the head hard enough to fall off a tall building.

can hardly wait to hear you spin your nonsense when France and German hop on board....not that they will....but i would pay money to hear you puke all over yourself if they did.

74404[/snapback]

Germany started coming on board last week. Frere Jacques is next.