I just got Verizon FiOS

GoodBye

I'm gonna steal it when you're sleeping. I know that's not feasible at all, but that won't stop me.

It's awesome!

I just wanted to brag. :thumbsup:

:lol:

It is awesome. I have FIOS internet, and have never experienced an outage or slowed down service once. Not once.

And it's cheaper than comcast. Imagine that.

FIOS and Direct TV have saved my life! LOL

It is awesome. I have FIOS internet, and have never experienced an outage or slowed down service once. Not once.

Nice! I ditched Comcast to get this. I noticed a HUGE difference when I watch videos on youtube. I used to have to pause the video, wait for it to load (which took forever), THEN watch it. :thumbsup:

The non-HD channels on TV look really good. As good as the HD Channels on Comcast. :lol:

So you have a fios line coming into your house and you only use it for broadband?? :blink:

I would be so tempted to use their HD and somehow $$ keep directv just for NFL.

So you have a fios line coming into your house and you only use it for broadband?? :D

Just check out how many fewer HD channels FIOS have and you'll stay with DirecTv

Just check out how many fewer HD channels FIOS have and you'll stay with DirecTv

I was conflicted with which way to go. I wanted to ditch CrapCast. It was either DirecTV and FIOS internet or all FiOS. FiOS VOD stuff is great if you have kids who want to see Little Einsteins right now, not tomorrow when they're on. So VOD + DVR was a must. that basically eliminated DirecTV. I DVR stuff for myself and some things for the kid, Speed RFacer, etc. but we always have the VOD in our back pocket if he's having a Barney day and I don't have any stashed away on the DVR. Also, DirecTV in this area doesn't have CrapCast Sports Net (not available, not for sale at any price BC CrapCast won't sell the rights to the dish company) so you get no Phillies baseball, Flyers hockey or Sixers basketball. Admittedly I only care about the baseball but it screws you if the Flyers plays the Sabres in the playoffs for example. You get blacked out and are SOL. Happened to my Dad 2 years ago. He came to my house to watch that round because he couldn't get it at home. if neither of us had the channel it would have sucked.

It helps that I don't have to buy football or hockey because my Dad gets them. I think hockey will be on FiOS soon and I didn't need the football anyway. DirecTV does have more HD right now though so if you don't care about the VOD, or CrapCast Sportsnet in Philadelphia (or a local weather channel, which is more annoying than it sounds) it's the way to go. That said. I love the FiOS and I have the mulit-room DVR that allows you to watch DVR'd programs on multiple TVs in the house without having to get multiple DVR boxes, great invention.

So you have a fios line coming into your house and you only use it for broadband?? :D

You're allowed to do that now I think. You can buy the football and have no programming package apart from that.

I was conflicted with which way to go. I wanted to ditch CrapCast. It was either DirecTV and FIOS internet or all FiOS. FiOS VOD stuff is great if you have kids who want to see Little Einsteins right now, not tomorrow when they're on. So VOD + DVR was a must. that basically eliminated DirecTV. I DVR stuff for myself and some things for the kid, Speed RFacer, etc. but we always have the VOD in our back pocket if he's having a Barney day and I don't have any stashed away on the DVR. Also, DirecTV in this area doesn't have CrapCast Sports Net (not available, not for sale at any price BC CrapCast won't sell the rights to the dish company) so you get no Phillies baseball, Flyers hockey or Sixers basketball. Admittedly I only care about the baseball but it screws you if the Flyers plays the Sabres in the playoffs for example. You get blacked out and are SOL. Happened to my Dad 2 years ago. He came to my house to watch that round because he couldn't get it at home. if neither of us had the channel it would have sucked.

It helps that I don't have to buy football or hockey because my Dad gets them. I think hockey will be on FiOS soon and I didn't need the football anyway. DirecTV does have more HD right now though so if you don't care about the VOD, or CrapCast Sportsnet in Philadelphia (or a local weather channel, which is more annoying than it sounds) it's the way to go. That said. I love the FiOS and I have the mulit-room DVR that allows you to watch DVR'd programs on multiple TVs in the house without having to get multiple DVR boxes, great invention.

DirecTv has VOD. Just Saturday night my 10 year old son and I watched Airport '75 together. VOD on DirecTv uses high speed internet to download the program to your DVR. You need to give it a 4-5 minute download headstart (as we did with Airport) and then you can start watching.

DirecTv has VOD. Just Saturday night my 10 year old son and I watched Airport '75 together. VOD on DirecTv uses high speed internet to download the program to your DVR. You need to give it a 4-5 minute download headstart (as we did with Airport) and then you can start watching.

So they do. I stand corrected. Doesn't change my original problem that it would have been either DirecTV and FiOS internet or just all FiOS. Plus the service looks like it uses DVR space. The nice thing about them being truly seperate is that I don't have to dedicate DVR space to kids programming. It alos nice not to have to wait 3-4 minutes to download it every time. 3-4 minutes doesn't sound like much but it can be an eternity with a 2 year old.