The two candidates are almost the same

McCain will end the war in Iraq before he leaves

Obama will leave Iraq after ending the war

Both are against special interests

Both are for health care assistance

Both are for tax breaks to the middle class to boost the economy

and so on and so forth

But but but....McCain is an old man and is really the long lost brother to GW Bush and the Obamessiah is a lightbringer

The main similarities between Bush and McCain are that neither is conservative, and both know that Bush is a moron

McCain will end the war in Iraq before he leaves

Obama will leave Iraq after ending the war

Both are against special interests

Both are for health care assistance

and so on and so forth

both candidates are most likely not on the same page about what ending the war means

Obama wants to end private insurance (for the most part) and have the government run a huge health care system, with some assumptions that the current system can scale up and they can negotiate huge discounts with the providers, etc.

McCain wants to end the employer funded health care (for the most part) and assume that the market will offer competitive pricing, bringing the cost down.

You can argue for either, but to say they're both for health care assistance, taxes, etc. is a wee bit oversimplified.

both candidates are most likely not on the same page about what ending the war means

Obama wants to end private insurance (for the most part) and have the government run a huge health care system, with some assumptions that the current system can scale up and they can negotiate huge discounts with the providers, etc.

McCain wants to end the employer funded health care (for the most part) and assume that the market will offer competitive pricing, bringing the cost down.

You can argue for either, but to say they're both for health care assistance, taxes, etc. is a wee bit oversimplified.

While everyone will have their opinion on which of the two is better, both of them represent an off-the-charts upgrade over the current administration

Yes, but only one of the two candidates

wow, you really wanna go there?

One Republican strategist who has worked on past national campaigns said he received messages during the night from GOP loyalists in every administration from Ronald Reagan to George W. Bush.

“They were appalled at the environment the candidate was standing in and his performance,” said this strategist. “It’s a serious problem — the contrast is so clear that it’s demoralizing. And it deflated our balloon last night. When the guys on Fox are trash-talking, you know it’s bad.”

you can trash the new guy on a lot of things, but on giving speeches it ain't even a fair fight

I'm tired of hearing about that and about McCain's gigling....neither really matter all that much

The ability to speak without a teleprompter doesn't matter much? Really? Because the last eight years makes me think differently......

wow, you really wanna go there?

you can trash the new guy on a lot of things, but on giving speeches it ain't even a fair fight

Yeah, Obama is swell at reading teleprompters but he's every bit as bad as Bush once he's off-script (maybe worse since he's constantly trying to sound like he's here to change the universe).

But, I know, I know, Thou Shalt Not Criticize the Chosen One.

The ability to speak without a teleprompter doesn't matter much? Really? Because the last eight years makes me think differently......

If Bush was able to form sentences, he would still have been a lousy president

Yeah, Obama is swell at reading teleprompters but he's every bit as bad as Bush once he's off-script (maybe worse since he's constantly trying to sound like he's here to change the universe).

But, I know, I know, Thou Shalt Not Criticize the Chosen One.

I've read some stuff that says he shrinks without his teleprompter, so the town halls might be real interesting this summer.

You can criticize him all you want. The only part that bothers me is when the really venomous stuff gets spit out, there's no reason to be like that.

I've read some stuff that says he shrinks without his teleprompter, so the town halls might be real interesting this summer.

You can criticize him all you want. The only part that bothers me is when the really venomous stuff gets spit out, there's no reason to be like that.

Most of our presidents haven't been great speakers- thats why speeches are written for them, then they give input so they can be rewritten to better fit their style.

probably why McCain wants to take him on at the town halls

Nonsense. McCain voted against the Bush Tax Cuts.

Today, the "middle class" is defined as a family who makes 60K. The problem is, you are in the poor house at 60K in most parts of America, especially if you have kids. College tuition can cost as much as 50K for undergrad.