There goes Obama's lead in the polls....

Real Clear Politics General Election #s

This is unreal. I know I have been saying that there would be serious consequences for the Democrats due to:

1. The Surge working. Lie to yourself all you want but everybody knows the difference between losing and winning. We are winning big now in Iraq and Afghanistan and that's all there is to it. "The War is Lost" - Harry Reid. I told you that would end up killing the Dems and now it has.

2. The Democratic Congress we absolutely had to elect to avoid the immediate destruction of the country. They needed to get to Congress as fast as possible so that they could do something about energy, the wars, the debt, the economy, the (fill in gratuitous bumper sticker here). :blink: Right, they have done nothing and their current approval rating is: 18.7%. Democrats love saying that 75% of the country is against the war. Well, 75% of the country is also against the Democratic Congress. Oh and by the way, Bush is beating them by 12%. Now that's something we can all be proud of. You are doing worse than Bush by a significant margin, congrats! I didn't even think that was possible any more, but the Dems have once again found a way to be worse than Bush. :rolleyes::w00t::blink::thumbsup::bag:

3. Bringing up unrealistic entitlement programs once again. Didn't any Democrats learn from 1992-4? Do you need to be beaten over the head? Nobody wants Canada's health system here. They want the cost cut, that's it. They do not see Cut Cost = Socialized medicine, no matter how many times Dems try to make that equation work, it doesn't. Cut Cost means Cut Cost. That's all it means, and who doesn't want costs cut, in general, regarding everything we buy?

4. And of course, the endless bumper sticker arguments that are so cliched that they don't mean anything anymore(Bush Lied). Hey, they worked for 2006, but that's all she wrote. You have to have real, feasible ideas to win the Presidency, like Bill Clinton did(not health care, but change through adult education was a winner). Bitching '= ideas. And now we find out that Obama's "ideas" include talking to Iran 1 v 1, instead of using the UN, thereby directly contradicting what Dems, and anybody who knows anything about foreign policy, have been saying for the last 6 years. Madeline Albright, round 2? And you wonder why you are tied now?

However, 18 months ago, I thought there was no way Hillary wouldn't be the next President. I thought maybe, just maybe, Guliani could try and use the Bill Clinton Blowgate and squeak out a win. But, I gave that a 10% chance of working. No way in hell did I ever think that any Republican would be tied with the Democrat this early in the process. No way in hell. Obama should be sitting with a nice, comfortable 10% lead right now, spending all his time beating back the Republican attacks that are sure to come, trying to use them, the same way Clinton did, to his advantage. No way he should be tied.

But, that's were we sit. Obama supporters are laughable to me right now. I bet most of them are too young to remember McGovern. I certainly am. I bet they, just like McGovern's supporters, don't even see the beating coming and think that they can yell/throw pies/slogan their way to victory. Maybe they should have a concert festival, that will do a lot. :doh: Get Dave Matthews and Bruce Springstein to tell us how bad the USA is once again. That will help. They don't see the sucker punch(s) coming and it's going to hurt/KO them when it does.

The irony is: the super delegate structure was supposed to STOP another McGovern from winning the nomination. Hysterical.

I cant' believe this, Obama's only chance is to smoke McCain in the debates. Given both guy's debate history, right now I don't see that as likely. But, you never know until they go at it. I can't believe it has come down to this. The giant stack of political capital Bush's bumblings had given the Dems is now spent. They have to win this straight up, as if Bush didn't exist. Nobody buys the argument that McCain = Bush. That is just plain stupid and requires either an idiot or a mass denial of McCain's historical differences with Bush to be believed. I don't know how you screw up worse than this? Bay of Pigs? Iraq War strategy? They are nothing compared to this.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess they will just have to go with some of the issues that McCain disagreed with Bush on and now agrees with Bush? Believe me McCain is NOT a shoe in for Presidency. He has a long road ahead of him. And we have learned anything from this season - don't believe the polls. McCain has been on a holiday doing whatever he wants to do while the dems are figuring out there nomination (for at least two more days). McCain's free ride will be over soon and I can not wait for that.

Okay, let me get this straight: So you're saying that before, you thought there was NO WAY Hillary was NOT going to be President, with the ONLY chance, a small one, being RUDY FRIGGIN" GUILLIANI. And now you LINK a site that shows Obama IN THE LEAD, and then sum up by telling us that Obama's ONLY chance is to smoke McCain in the debates?

And we should put credence in this post and perspective why?

So I guess they will just have to go with some of the issues that McCain disagreed with Bush on and now agrees with Bush? Believe me McCain is NOT a shoe in for Presidency. He has a long road ahead of him.

You can try to spin McCain = Bush all day but nobody's buying that BS. McCain was the one who was talking about a "surge" 5 months before anybody in the Bush Administration was, and he was obviously right. And, now the Democrats once again find themselves on the wrong side of the facts("The War is Lost"). He also ran against Bush in 2000. And finally, he has consistently done his own thing time and time again, which is why he's always been in trouble with the people you supposedly disagree with = Conservatives.

So why is McCain a problem for you? He was praised to high heaven for campaign finance reform by every Democrat. Now somehow "he's changed"? BullShitt.

I didn't say that McCain didn't have a long way to go. What I said was, he should have twice as far to go than he currently does, and that was so unrealistic to even consider a year ago that it defies belief.

Democrats love saying that 75% of the country is against the war. Well, 75% of the country is also against the Democratic Congress. Oh and by the way, Bush is beating them by 12%. Now that's something we can all be proud of. You are doing worse than Bush by a significant margin, congrats! I didn't even think that was possible any more, but the Dems have once again found a way to be worse than Bush. :rolleyes::blink::blink::thumbsup::w00t:

To be fair, Congress (regardless of which party is in the majority) usually polls behind the President (regardless which party controls the White House)

Okay, let me get this straight: So you're saying that before, you thought there was NO WAY Hillary was NOT going to be President, with the ONLY chance, a small one, being RUDY FRIGGIN" GUILLIANI. And now you LINK a site that shows Obama IN THE LEAD, and then sum up by telling us that Obama's ONLY chance is to smoke McCain in the debates?

and most of the pollsters and media have predicted that Obama will jump 10 points once Hillary bows out. Don't waste time arguing with this peabrain

Yeah, I thought that it would be Hillary v Guliani. Same as the vast majority of this country. Yeah that's real shocking. :thumbsup:

I thought that Hillary would most likely win unless Guliani could use 9/11/Blowgate to great effect. Same as the vast majority of the pundits/rest of the country. Again, amazingly shocking! :rolleyes:

Obama in the lead, with a grand total of .7! :w00t: And if you look at it, there's only one poll causing that. Everything else is tied, and everything is well within the generally accepted 3% margin of error = tie any way you look at it, unless you are an idiot. BAAAAAH! Too shocking to handle! :blink:

We have a straight up tie, which means that the only thing that matters right now is what Obama and McCain do from this point going forward. It's 0/0 on the scoreboard. So yeah, the debates are now going to be the single largest factor in the rest of the game. OMG! Too shocking to handle!

B word at me all you want but the fact that things are where they are isn't my fault. It's your fault, along with every other dumbass Democrat partisan that thought it was a good idea to blow all the political capital Bush gave them on stupid ideas/doing nothing once you got Congress/saying things like "The War is Lost".

Once again, we see Democrats getting pissed at/blaming other people, when they should be accepting the blame for their own blatant failures, figuring out what they need to do to improve and executing that. Go ahead and blame me some more, B word about Bush, that strategy has worked so well that you are now tied with McCain. Great Job! :blink:

Democrats blaming Bush/me in response to this in 5...4...3...2...

Yeah, I thought that it would be Hillary v Guliani. Same as the vast majority of this country. Yeah that's real shocking. :thumbsup:

I thought that Hillary would most likely win unless Guliani could use 9/11/Blowgate to great effect. Same as the vast majority of the pundits/rest of the country. Again, amazingly shocking! :rolleyes:

Obama in the lead, with a grand total of .7! :w00t: And if you look at it, there's only one poll causing that. Everything else is tied, and everything is well within the generally accepted 3% margin of error = tie any way you look at it, unless you are an idiot. BAAAAAH! Too shocking to handle! :blink:

We have a straight up tie, which means that the only thing that matters right now is what Obama and McCain do from this point going forward. It's 0/0 on the scoreboard. So yeah, the debates are now going to be the single largest factor in the rest of the game. OMG! Too shocking to handle!

B word at me all you want but the fact that things are where they are isn't my fault. It's your fault, along with every other dumbass Democrat partisan that thought it was a good idea to blow all the political capital Bush gave them on stupid ideas/doing nothing once you got Congress/saying things like "The War is Lost".

Once again, we see Democrats getting pissed at/blaming other people, when they should be accepting the blame for their own blatant failures, figuring out what they need to do to improve and executing that. Go ahead and blame me some more, B word about Bush, that strategy has worked so well that you are now tied with McCain. Great Job! :blink:

I didn't really think it was going to be Hillary, and I thought Gulliani had little chance.

I also don't think the day before the democratic nominee even gets the nomination is the best time to take a snapshot. It could be the worst, especially after this nonsense. The Democrats will be together in a month.

I really don't know anyone who thought it would Guliani. Sorry. It was pretty clear and very early if I might add that things were not going his way on the republican side. I seem to remember polls that also had Obama in double digit leads a couple weeks ago. So what? All this poll means that McCain has had time to do nothing but bash Obama, while he has had to wage war on two fronts. Now that this is pretty much over for Hillary things will change awfully quick. Bush, whether you like to admit it or not is going to be huge factor in this general election. After all McCain agrees with the war and staying there for a large amount of time, he agrees with tax breaks, he stated he doesn't know much about the failing economy. Want more?

Most democrats I know are not pissed at all, they just want this thing to start and to get after McCain, instead of letting him have a free ride in this. And really, people, not just dems should be bitching about Bush. He's done a crappy job. Since you are so into polls, look at his approval rating. What is it now? 28%?

Republicans saying that everything is fine in the US and the world in 5....4....3...2....1....

and most of the pollsters and media have predicted that Obama will jump 10 points once Hillary bows out. Don't waste time arguing with this peabrain

Ahh, name calling, another of the time tested(lost elections against Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2 twice) tactics that get Democrats ahead.

Like I said, you can blame me, call me names, run your mouth, blame Bush, blame Katherine Harris, blame the Swiftboats, even blame God! None of that changes the fact that Obama is now tied with McCain. Accept reality.

Sure, I have seen Democrats, NOT DEMOCRATIC POLLSTERS, say that Obama will pull ahead(not by 10 points, where the F did you get that?). Partisans saying that their team is better? That's your point? What other wonderful insight can we expect from you?

Try again, because none of your wishing makes anything true. And, the bottom line is there is no way in hell we should see a tie right now, regardless of everything. Obama should be sitting with a 10 point lead at least given the Bush mess, but he's not. Hillary is the better candidate against McCain in every poll there is, and there's no denying it. You are putting a cup cake up against a tiger, and you seem to be happy about it.

I'm sorry to be the one to bring you this objective viewpoint, but that's the fact jack. Blast away on me but the truth is: you are now tied with John "I was flying SouthWest by myself a year ago" McCain.

But what is your point besides a POLL before the general election campaigning has them virtually tied? It means nothing as of right now. And really we should be seeing it close right now because McCain has not had to face any true opposition - since Obama and the democratic party have been getting the nomination in order.

So realize your facts mean nothing right now.

Erm, its been flipflopping. There was a period back in March when McCain had a decided advantage in the national poll, not that the national poll matters much.

This is unreal. I know I have been saying that there would be serious consequences for the Democrats due to:

1. The Surge working. Lie to yourself all you want but everybody knows the difference between losing and winning. We are winning big now in Iraq and Afghanistan and that's all there is to it. "The War is Lost" - Harry Reid. I told you that would end up killing the Dems and now it has.

2. The Democratic Congress we absolutely had to elect to avoid the immediate destruction of the country. They needed to get to Congress as fast as possible so that they could do something about energy, the wars, the debt, the economy, the (fill in gratuitous bumper sticker here). :blink: Right, they have done nothing and their current approval rating is: 18.7%. Democrats love saying that 75% of the country is against the war. Well, 75% of the country is also against the Democratic Congress. Oh and by the way, Bush is beating them by 12%. Now that's something we can all be proud of. You are doing worse than Bush by a significant margin, congrats! I didn't even think that was possible any more, but the Dems have once again found a way to be worse than Bush. :rolleyes::w00t::blink::thumbsup::bag:

3. Bringing up unrealistic entitlement programs once again. Didn't any Democrats learn from 1992-4? Do you need to be beaten over the head? Nobody wants Canada's health system here. They want the cost cut, that's it. They do not see Cut Cost = Socialized medicine, no matter how many times Dems try to make that equation work, it doesn't. Cut Cost means Cut Cost. That's all it means, and who doesn't want costs cut, in general, regarding everything we buy?

4. And of course, the endless bumper sticker arguments that are so cliched that they don't mean anything anymore(Bush Lied). Hey, they worked for 2006, but that's all she wrote. You have to have real, feasible ideas to win the Presidency, like Bill Clinton did(not health care, but change through adult education was a winner). Bitching '= ideas. And now we find out that Obama's "ideas" include talking to Iran 1 v 1, instead of using the UN, thereby directly contradicting what Dems, and anybody who knows anything about foreign policy, have been saying for the last 6 years. Madeline Albright, round 2? And you wonder why you are tied now?

Not quite. Pew publishes the best analysis of their polls online, with this one being the one RCP is using.

I suggest giving it a read - it has more to do with his declining image than his policy issues.

But, that's were we sit. Obama supporters are laughable to me right now. I bet most of them are too young to remember McGovern. I certainly am. I bet they, just like McGovern's supporters, don't even see the beating coming and think that they can yell/throw pies/slogan their way to victory. Maybe they should have a concert festival, that will do a lot. :doh: Get Dave Matthews and Bruce Springstein to tell us how bad the USA is once again. That will help. They don't see the sucker punch(s) coming and it's going to hurt/KO them when it does.

The irony is: the super delegate structure was supposed to STOP another McGovern from winning the nomination. Hysterical.

Really? Then why did they have McGovern head the redesign committee, and why did he win it the very next time after it was instituted?

Ahh, name calling, another of the time tested(lost elections against Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2 twice) tactics that get Democrats ahead.

Like I said, you can blame me, call me names, run your mouth, blame Bush, blame Katherine Harris, blame the Swiftboats, even blame God! None of that changes the fact that Obama is now tied with McCain. Accept reality.

Sure, I have seen Democrats, NOT DEMOCRATIC POLLSTERS, say that Obama will pull ahead(not by 10 points, where the F did you get that?). Partisans saying that their team is better? That's your point? What other wonderful insight can we expect from you?

Try again, because none of your wishing makes anything true. And, the bottom line is there is no way in hell we should see a tie right now, regardless of everything. Obama should be sitting with a 10 point lead at least given the Bush mess, but he's not. Hillary is the better candidate against McCain in every poll there is, and there's no denying it. You are putting a cup cake up against a tiger, and you seem to be happy about it.

I'm sorry to be the one to bring you this objective viewpoint, but that's the fact jack. Blast away on me but the truth is: you are now tied with John "I was flying SouthWest by myself a year ago" McCain.

In your own link, a year ago, Obama was ahead by two points in the two polls, three points in two, and 12 in one.

I really don't know anyone who thought it would Guliani. Sorry. It was pretty clear and very early if I might add that things were not going his way on the republican side. I seem to remember polls that also had Obama in double digit leads a couple weeks ago. So what? All this poll means that McCain has had time to do nothing but bash Obama, while he has had to wage war on two fronts. Now that this is pretty much over for Hillary things will change awfully quick. Bush, whether you like to admit it or not is going to be huge factor in this general election. After all McCain agrees with the war and staying there for a large amount of time, he agrees with tax breaks, he stated he doesn't know much about the failing economy. Want more?

So apparently you missed the part where we were talking about what most people thought, in general, A YEAR AGO? Not 2 weeks ago? Amazing that I tell you that it's retarded to keep bringing up Bush, since that is what you have been doing and that's done so well it's got you tied, and you bring up Bush again. Hysterical. :rolleyes: Buddy you can give me or anybody else all you want, as you have been doing right along, and what possible outcome do you think you are going to get? You have been doing the same thing for 2 years now and it has gotten you: tied with McCain and a 18.7 approval rating. And now you are threatening me with more? How funny is that?

Most democrats I know are not pissed at all, they just want this thing to start and to get after McCain, instead of letting him have a free ride in this. And really, people, not just dems should be bitching about Bush. He's done a crappy job. Since you are so into polls, look at his approval rating. What is it now? 28%?

This is uncanny! I tell you that you are going to blame Bush, that it's retarded and doesn't work anymore, that it has served to get you tied, that the right course is to start requiring your Democratic Congress to get off their ass, and you blame Bush again.

I am starting to wonder if we are dealing with a mass hysteria phenomenon. It's like you can't control yourselves. I wonder if you guys are even conscious when you act like this. I seriously don't get how blaming a lame duck President = good ideas for the country, leadership, proven results in your eyes.

Hint: I don't care about Bush anymore, and from the polls, it looks like a lot of other people don't either. I want to see results from Democrats, I have heard your Bush story before and it's boring the F out of me. At the very least say something interesting/get something done. Or not, hell, you can always blame me/Bush again. That's a good idea! :thumbsup:

Republicans saying that everything is fine in the US and the world in 5....4....3...2....1....

The world is not fine, and it won't be for a long time. So, again, if we agree the world is not fine, what, exactly, have the Democrats in Congress done to improve it?

Go ahead and blame Bush again. Amuse me. Dance, Puppet!

In your own link, a year ago, Obama was ahead by two points in the two polls, three points in two, and 12 in one.

Yeah, and that means what exactly? Bush DIDN'T lie? Bush isn't an IDIOT! Bush wasn't wrong about Iraq, the economy, basically everything according to you?

Now that you are tied, you start trying to manage expectations? hehehehehe! So now Bush wasn't so bad = the Democrats didn't have a giant lead = therefore the fact McCain is tied isn't such a big deal, right?

Now this is funny right here, I don't care who you are. Please tell me more about how the fact that Bush's "activity" wasn't so bad after all, and he wasn't a giant albatross around the Republican's neck starting out in Iowa, this should be fun!

So apparently you missed the part where we were talking about what most people thought, in general, A YEAR AGO? Not 2 weeks ago? Amazing that I tell you that it's retarded to keep bringing up Bush, since that is what you have been doing and that's done so well it's got you tied, and you bring up Bush again. Hysterical. :rolleyes: Buddy you can give me or anybody else all you want, as you have been doing right along, and what possible outcome do you think you are going to get? You have been doing the same thing for 2 years now and it has gotten you: tied with McCain and a 18.7 approval rating. And now you are threatening me with more? How funny is that?

This is uncanny! I tell you that you are going to blame Bush, that it's retarded and doesn't work anymore, that it has served to get you tied, that the right course is to start requiring your Democratic Congress to get off their ass, and you blame Bush again.

I am starting to wonder if we are dealing with a mass hysteria phenomenon. It's like you can't control yourselves. I wonder if you guys are even conscious when you act like this. I seriously don't get how blaming a lame duck President = good ideas for the country, leadership, proven results in your eyes.

Hint: I don't care about Bush anymore, and from the polls, it looks like a lot of other people don't either. I want to see results from Democrats, I have heard your Bush story before and it's boring the F out of me. At the very least say something interesting/get something done. Or not, hell, you can always blame me/Bush again. That's a good idea! :thumbsup:

The world is not fine, and it won't be for a long time. So, again, if we agree the world is not fine, what, exactly, have the Democrats in Congress done to improve it?

Go ahead and blame Bush again. Amuse me. Dance, Puppet!

What's hysterical is that you are loving a poll that means nothing as of right now. It just goes to show how much you know about politics and polls. Of course they should blame Bush and the republican party the country is pretty much f'd up right now. And which party was in power the longest? Which party drove the country into a huge deficit?

So if you don't want to hear about Bush anymore... what has McCain done to distance himself from Bush? Private fundraising?

Call me puppet all you want, I work within the political arena a ton

Yeah, and that means what exactly? Bush DIDN'T lie? Bush isn't an IDIOT! Bush wasn't wrong about Iraq, the economy, basically everything according to you?

Now that you are tied, you start trying to manage expectations? hehehehehe! So now Bush wasn't so bad = the Democrats didn't have a giant lead = therefore the fact McCain is tied isn't such a big deal, right?

Now this is funny right here, I don't care who you are. Please tell me more about how the fact that Bush's "activity" wasn't so bad after all, and he wasn't a giant albatross around the Republican's neck starting out in Iowa, this should be fun!

I never mentioned Bush. It means you're a moron for making a big public stink about a poll that says Barack is only up .7 when -- you said -- a year ago EVERYONE thought something else -- When in fact -- a year ago -- according to your own link -- it was pretty much the exact same thing. Jesus Christ.

You started with 18 months ago. Your link only goes back 14 months but shows that McCain was WAY UP at that time by an average of 8 points over eight straight polls. I would imagine 18 months ago it was even higher.

What's hysterical is that you are loving a poll that means nothing as of right now. It just goes to show how much you know about politics and polls. Of course they should blame Bush and the republican party the country is pretty much f'd up right now. And which party was in power the longest? Which party drove the country into a huge deficit?

So if you don't want to hear about Bush anymore... what has McCain done to distance himself from Bush? Private fundraising?

Call me puppet all you want, I work within the political arena a ton

No what's hysterical is that I have dared you to blame Bush twice in a row, even though it's obviously a failed strategy, and you keep doing it. I guess you really can't help yourself. If this continues, I might have to start feeling sorry for you because it will be clear that I am dealing with a mentally affected person, and it ain't cool to make fun of the disabled.

Again, you still don't see it. If McCain has done a poor job of distancing himself from Bush, and if not distancing from Bush = Bad. Then doesn't it stand to reason that Obama > McCain by 10 points right now? But that's not reality is it? Whatever McCain has or hasn't done, has him tied with Obama. And there's no way that should be happening, especially if we are to believe that Bush/Republicans are so bad.

So, either Bush/Republicans aren't so bad, or, McCain is really good, or, the Democrats have found a way to lose their massive advantage, or some combination of the three. Those are the only logical conclusions.

No what's hysterical is that I have dared you to blame Bush twice in a row, even though it's obviously a failed strategy, and you keep doing it. I guess you really can't help yourself. If this continues, I might have to start feeling sorry for you because it will be clear that I am dealing with a mentally affected person, and it ain't cool to make fun of the disabled.

Again, you still don't see it. If McCain has done a poor job of distancing himself from Bush, and if not distancing from Bush = Bad. Then doesn't it stand to reason that Obama > McCain by 10 points right now? But that's not reality is it? Whatever McCain has or hasn't done, has him tied with Obama. And there's no way that should be happening, especially if we are to believe that Bush/Republicans are so bad.

So, either Bush/Republicans aren't so bad, or, McCain is really good, or, the Democrats have found a way to lose their massive advantage, or some combination of the three. Those are the only logical conclusions.

Dare all you want... I could really care less. A mentally affected person would not pay attention to what caused the problems with our country.

And since you are mentally affected, I'll let you slide on the fact that I have said many times over that McCain has been able to place all of his campaign energy on one person. Obama. Where as Obama has not, hence lead in the polls dwindle down. Now that the nominating process is almost over, that will change.

Did you follow along that time?

I never mentioned Bush. It means you're a moron for making a big public stink about a poll that says Barack is only up .7 when -- you said -- a year ago EVERYONE thought something else -- When in fact -- a year ago -- according to your own link -- it was pretty much the exact same thing. Jesus Christ.

You started with 18 months ago. Your link only goes back 14 months but shows that McCain was WAY UP at that time by an average of 8 points over eight straight polls. I would imagine 18 months ago it was even higher.

Buddy, apparently you aren't getting what I am saying. Polls from a year ago when we all were thinking Hillary/Guliani are hardly relevant. I will try again.

Premises from a year ago:

1. Bush is so terrible that there is no way a Republican can win the White House.

2. The Democrats have won Congress and now that they are settled in, will change/fix a whole lot of stuff.

3. Whoever the Democratic nominee is, all the party as a whole has to do is walk it in, and they win.

But now we are tied, all of those premises have been proven false, and the only thing that matters now is what happens next. Again, if you told me that any of 1-3 was complete BS, I would not of believed you. Is that so hard to understand?