Moulds gets a work out with the Buc's

<H3 class=entry-header>Not sure if this was posted earlier this week.

Bucs audition three WRs</H3>The Bucs still are shaking the bushes looking for help at receiver.

Coach Jon Gruden said the team worked out three receivers Monday: Eric Moulds, Eddie Kennison and Bryan Gilmore.

Kennison, 35, was plagued by a hamstring injury with the Kansas City Chiefs last season and caught just 13 passes for 101 yards and no touchdowns.

Moulds, 34, caught 34 passes for 342 yards last season with the Tennessee Titans and is an unrestricted free agent.

Gilmore, 30, caught just seven passes for 111 yards with the 49ers last season.

""We're still looking for some more players, not just at that position, but other positions as well,'' Gruden said.

The Bucs didn't do much to address the receiver position in the off-season, aside from signing troubled but talented veteran Antonio Bryant and using a second-round pick on Appalachian State's Dexter Jackson, who primarily is a kick returner.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/05/bucs-audition-t.html

<H3 class=entry-header>Not sure if this was posted earlier this week.

Bucs audition three WRs</H3>The Bucs still are shaking the bushes looking for help at receiver.

Coach Jon Gruden said the team worked out three receivers Monday: Eric Moulds, Eddie Kennison and Bryan Gilmore.

Kennison, 35, was plagued by a hamstring injury with the Kansas City Chiefs last season and caught just 13 passes for 101 yards and no touchdowns.

Moulds, 34, caught 34 passes for 342 yards last season with the Tennessee Titans and is an unrestricted free agent.

Gilmore, 30, caught just seven passes for 111 yards with the 49ers last season.

""We're still looking for some more players, not just at that position, but other positions as well,'' Gruden said.

The Bucs didn't do much to address the receiver position in the off-season, aside from signing troubled but talented veteran Antonio Bryant and using a second-round pick on Appalachian State's Dexter Jackson, who primarily is a kick returner.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/05/bucs-audition-t.html

I think their best gamble will probably be Kennison, since IMO, he has the best potential left out of those three if he stays healthy.

Although, hopefully they keep Moulds for principal reasons.

Moulds would be a good fit for Tampa. they still have galloway and jackson to stretch the field. so moulds could work underneath and pick up a nice amount of catches and yards. Plus, bewteen Moulds, Galloway and Hilliard, they have roughly 100+ years of NFL experience.

Of the 3 I think Moulds has the best chance to make the team due to his ability to block downfield. Keyshawn Johnson was a Buc when they won the Super Bowl. I always thought he & Eric were much the same type of player.

Keyshawn was kinda still in his prime though and he was never a speed guy to begin with.

I'm frankly stunned that Eric got old seemingly overnight. Thought he'd be more of a factor for the Titans last year.

Keyshawn was kinda still in his prime though and he was never a speed guy to begin with.

I'm frankly stunned that Eric got old seemingly overnight. Thought he'd be more of a factor for the Titans last year.

Keyshawn was in his prime when the Bucs gave up two #1's for him (stupid trade) but he was well past it, although still an effective possession, blocking receiver when the Bucs won the Super Bowl.