with the crazy rookie money......

Depending on the agent, I'd go 23-27mil. Agree with the 13-18mil guaranteed, wouldn't be surprised with the 18.

I based my numbers off of that last 2 drafts' 11th overall picks. At most I see the numbers I gave and no way does he get close to $18M guaranteed.

I based my numbers off of that last 2 drafts' 11th overall picks. At most I see the numbers I gave and no way does he get close to $18M guaranteed.

I hope not, but in my defense there had already been 2 QB's taken before Cutler in '06, McKelvin was the first CB taken. Willis's numbers were around par. I just see with the number inflations over the past 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an upper end contract. I hope not, especially since he's coming in to a solid 1-2 starting rotation.

I hope not, but in my defense there had already been 2 QB's taken before Cutler in '06, McKelvin was the first CB taken. Willis's numbers were around par. I just see with the number inflations over the past 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an upper end contract. I hope not, especially since he's coming in to a solid 1-2 starting rotation.

It has little to do with being the 1st ro 3rd player at that position taken, as it does with being a QB versus another position. Usually non-QB picks get a slight raise over the previous year's pick.

QBs generally command slightly more money as it goes down the draft order. Top QB picks(top 5 specifically) tend to get ludicrous contracts that go above and beyond that of guys who play other positions. That being said, a lot has to do with contract structure.

McGee and Greer is not a "solid 1-2 starting rotation"

They are good, but not Solid