Check out the 1st rd in the 2005 draft..., you know,

Ah, this old chestnut again......this assumption of yours remains incorrect & it matters not how many times you put it forward it will always remain incorrect. The Pats & Eagles support it.....but the Colts & Steelers disprove it.

Over the past 6 seasons the top 10 teams(based upon wins) are.....Pats & Colts being obviously the best over that span.

NE 75

IND 73

PHI 61

PIT 60

DEN 59

S.D. 58

SEA 58

GB 57

DAL 52

TEN 52

If we count skills players as DB/WR/RB......and you are obviously comparing them to Linemen......the percentage of Skills players to Linemen over the past 10 years of 1st rounders is as follows.....Bills being 70%.....

NE 29%

IND 83%

PHI 29%

PIT 72%

DEN 50%

S.D. 86%

SEA 40%

GB 60%

DAL 50%

TEN 80%

Wow, another post that brings actual facts into the argument. ;)

Can't wait to see how these are disputed....

Ok, now I really want to throw up. In the trade up for Losman in the 2004 draft we traded our 2nd rd pick (#43) and 5th rd pick (#144) plus our 2005 1st rder (#11). What was available was S Bob Sanders (#44) and either RB Michael Turner (#154) or WR DJ Hackett (#157) in the 5th rd. DeMarcus WAS taken with our original 1st rd pick in the 2005 draft at #11. Shawn Merriman was the next pick in that draft at #12.

I point all this out because when you draft wrong or have a bad draft the ramifications have rippling effects not just in those years but also in the years that follow. Levy followed Indianpolis' blueprint in taking S Donte Whitner 2 years later at the #8 pick when LB Ernie Sims (#9) and DT Haloti Ngata (#12) were still available. Grabbing RB Michael Turner in the 5th rd would have had an impact on last year's draft as well. We probably wouldn't have taken Marshawn Lynch with our 1st rd pick, although I am happy that he is a part of our team. I also think that if we had Sanders then there would be no Whitner thus allowing us possibly taking Sims which would equate to no Poz.

When people wonder how good Donahoe and Levy were as GMs I think that this is just one example of the ineptness of Donahoe. I realize that the above possibilities are just that, possibilities, and that Marv wouldn't neccessarily have executed them but looking back on how Levy did draft since Donahoe then I do believe that it could be very realistic that some of these players would have been on our team. Thank GOD that Ralph got rid of Donahoe, that's all I got to say.

Ok, now I really want to throw up. In the trade up for Losman in the 2004 draft we traded our 2nd rd pick (#43) and 5th rd pick (#144) plus our 2005 1st rder (#11). What was available was S Bob Sanders (#44) and either RB Michael Turner (#154) or WR DJ Hackett (#157) in the 5th rd. DeMarcus WAS taken with our original 1st rd pick in the 2005 draft at #11. Shawn Merriman was the next pick in that draft at #12.

I point all this out because when you draft wrong or have a bad draft the ramifications have rippling effects not just in those years but also in the years that follow. Levy followed Indianpolis' blueprint in taking S Donte Whitner 2 years later at the #8 pick when LB Ernie Sims (#9) and DT Haloti Ngata (#12) were still available. Grabbing RB Michael Turner in the 5th rd would have had an impact on last year's draft as well. We probably wouldn't have taken Marshawn Lynch with our 1st rd pick, although I am happy that he is a part of our team. I also think that if we had Sanders then there would be no Whitner thus allowing us possibly taking Sims which would equate to no Poz.

When people wonder how good Donahoe and Levy were as GMs I think that this is just one example of the ineptness of Donahoe. I realize that the above possibilities are just that, possibilities, and that Marv wouldn't neccessarily have executed them but looking back on how Levy did draft since Donahoe then I do believe that it could be very realistic that some of these players would have been on our team. Thank GOD that Ralph got rid of Donahoe, that's all I got to say.

The last 2 years of Bills drafts have not turned out as good as origianlly thought.

Many of the players drafted within the last 2 years who started or looked promising have either been cut outright or had their replacements drafted already.

Players like Youboty, Wright, Merz, Pennington, Ellison all looked great inititally and earned Marv and the front office props. However, the Bills are still spending resources on the same positions.